Anyone else have a bike

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

subytech
Second Gear

Anyone else have a bike

Post by subytech »

just wondering how many of you also like 2 wheels as well as 4, my ride is a 05 ZX-6R...
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

that zx is freakin sweet man, those things are a piece of engineering for sure. you topped it out yet? :)

there are a few on here that have bikes, there was a thread a couple months back.

me, I'm building a bobber right now out of a 1980 suzuki GN400. hardtailed 2" down and no stretch, high side pipes, 18" spokes front and rear, clip ons, leaf sprung seat, batteryless.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

wow quite a project, I've come pritty close to topping it out on a lonely stretch of road out in farm country neer a friends house, realized when I went to shift I was in 6th, looked down and the speedo said 178mph so I was going like 168, kinda scared me, i was dicken around with a friend and didn't realize I was going that fast!
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
GotSubie
First Gear

Post by GotSubie »

ya i just dont get whats so fun about goin 170 mph. people ask me "dude your car must be so fast. Have u topped it out yet" and i say its not the top speed of your car its all about how fast you can get there. :twisted: nice bike tho.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

In the back of my dad's garage sits a 1980 CB750C. Talk about classic.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

havent riden in years. Ex-wife got first pick of vehicles in the divorce so out of spite she took my Goldwing. Never got another bike.

p.s. I got second pick of vehicles so I took her 4x4.
Dave

Post by J-MoNeY »

Sold but not forgotten.
98 LGT
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I had a 1991 Suzuki VX 800 a couple years ago. That thing was a torque monster. I rode it as much as I could but not much at all after my car accident. It was a little tall for me (I'm 5'6") and somewhat heavy. Two bad things for a bum hip. As soon as I could tip the thing up I was riding again, but after a half hour or so I really started to feel pain. I sold it last year because I didn't see the reason to put insurance on something I could barely ride. That and it needed alot of work.

Recently I took a co-worker's Ninja down the block and back. My hip was so sore and rigid from riding less than 3 minutes I'll probably never ride a crotch rocket again.

I've been recently toying with the idea of a Hawk GT or some other small bike, but the ultimate test of whether or not I buy a bike is if I can stand riding it. Kinda sucks, but that's the hand I'm dealt. I'd love to live life on two wheels again.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
dwreck30
Second Gear

Post by dwreck30 »

My '05 CBR600RR
- Derek
'06 STi
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

I ride a '75 CB550 (semi custom - 4/1 pipe, chopped seat, drag bars, etc..)

it's got 19,5xx mi, and still rips like a mofo. I've hung with friends sport bikes in the mnt twisties, and have outrun many older 750's and 850's. I've also mis-shifted too many times to count at full throttle and pulled the tach off the meter... still no major issues!! Honda knows how to build a motor!! even 30+ years ago...

When it does let loose, it'll recieve a 594 or 602cc piston kit, cam, and tune to pull it together. Then it'll suprise people.

My wife rolls a '00 W650 Kawi (retro without the hassles :) )

rubber side down!
Chad
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

My dad's CB750 still rides like a bat out of hell - 10k redline ftw. Has some sort of modded Kerker exhaust on it that doesn't belong to a Honda.

Less than 10k miles too :-D

Too bad its speedo only goes to 85.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I just sold my 99 CBR 600F4.

I liked her, and it was a lot of fun. Plus, I really enjoyed the 50mpg I got.

I'll get something else eventually, I'm sure. I'd like to pick up a GSX-R 750 when I have more time to ride.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

GotSubie wrote:ya i just dont get whats so fun about goin 170 mph. people ask me "dude your car must be so fast. Have u topped it out yet" and i say its not the top speed of your car its all about how fast you can get there. :twisted: nice bike tho.
Don't get me wrong i totally feal the same way, I actually felt realy stupid i was going that fast(and not 30sec after i slowed we passed a cop!) Its like when people ask me if the STi's i drive at work are fast, I always tell them i dont know how fast they are but DAMN are they quick. Going 170 is going 170 but if you can get there in 5 seconds, now thats an awsome ride!
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
GotSubie
First Gear

Post by GotSubie »

ya i totally agree that woud be sweet. ive alwase wanted to ride shotgun in a f-16 just to see what it feels like. lol now those things can lanch!