GranTurismoHD + Dirt = wow

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

know1
Second Gear

GranTurismoHD + Dirt = wow

Post by know1 »

1994 Crimson Pearl SS [ td04, 06 fxt tmic,3" catless dp -> apex GT spec exhaust, EDM Tails ]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Is that the new Gran Turismo? Holy cow. First of all, you can finally get Ferrari's. That'll be sick. It's worth buying an HDTV and a PS3 just for those two games.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

indeed
1994 Crimson Pearl SS [ td04, 06 fxt tmic,3" catless dp -> apex GT spec exhaust, EDM Tails ]
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

BAC5.2 wrote:Is that the new Gran Turismo? Holy cow. First of all, you can finally get Ferrari's. That'll be sick. It's worth buying an HDTV and a PS3 just for those two games.
me and my brother did this and its really sick. but we got the f1 racing game for the PS3.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Ooooooooooo, I can't wait to get a PS3. It's going to look sick as hell on my 43" Hitachi Ultravision 1080i! :twisted:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I played Dirt on the 360 the other day, OMG it sucks. It tries to be rally, rallycross, baja truck, baja buggy, there were even some race semitrucks. But it fails at all of them. Graphics were great though, gameplay was asstastic.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

How was the car physics in Dirt?
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Anyone notice that the music was also used in some Australian Subaru commercial that went around the internet a while back? (it was all about symmetry, and ended with a GC-era rally car getting massive air in slow mo)
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

:(

I had high hopes for dirt.

I am planning on getting the 360 for Forza 2 and Dirt, since I have a friend with a PS3 and an HDTV.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Semi off-topic, but I found this the other day and I must post it. The memories it brought back...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGH3uG4gGI4
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Dirt physics: arcade to the MAX. I play Richard Burns Rally on the PC so I'm kinda biased, but you never seem to have to use the brakes in Dirt. If you do have to use the brakes the car stops on a dime, in the gravel no less.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
All_talk
Third Gear

Post by All_talk »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Semi off-topic, but I found this the other day and I must post it. The memories it brought back...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGH3uG4gGI4
Yes, the memories.... ahhhh, good times, good times.

For me its all about the phyisics, I'll gladly give up a bit of graphical detail for true to life phyisics. And for that reason I've been a huge fan of the Gran Turismo series. I haven't played Forza 2 yet but if its all they say I might have to get the 360 just for that game.

Gary
No matter how broke I am... I always seem to find two cents.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

haha my buddy wants to sell his Dirt copy, he just got forza 2. $47 shipped!