i love driving

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

i love driving

Post by scottzg »

i love the thrum of the engine before it reaches operating temperature
i love the moment of weightlessness between each shift
i love the rocking of the suspension as it settles into the bend
i love the prickle in your chest when you misjudge the braking zone
i love the squeal of the one tire that is running over the painted line
i love dropping that tailgating s2000 as soon as the road gets bendy again
i love driving

That's it.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Hi Scott. Me too.

I just replaced the HGs on my car and took it for a fun drive today. Tomorrow it gets some suspension parts.
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

i like it when it is snowing like crazy, that wet heavy snow, and i get in my 92 ls and after cleaning the windows just pull out of my driveway and down the street with all the neighbors in camrys and accords still stuck shoveling out.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Hey Scott! Long time since you've been around these parts.

No disrespect, but I think the best way to test your dedication to a hobby is to overdo it.

I changed my username to The Driver in German for a reason... I've driven damn near 100,000 miles in the past 2 years. I do parts deliveries all around Central Florida, and used to drive anywhere from 20 to 40 miles to get to college classes, as well as go to the coast when I was with my ex. Frequently, I would drive 200 miles a day without ever leaving the Orlando metropolitan area. Through some of the worst traffic in the country. In pouring rain or through brush fire smoke. In cars as sweet as 400hp STis or as terrible as Mazda B-series trucks (I drove two of them for deliveries before my dealer got bought out)

Yes, on occasion, I've said to myself... this is boring. I'm tired of driving. I've been in this damn car all fucking day and haven't even left this shithole town. This sucks.

But somehow, whether it's passing a ricer with my nice new turbodiesel Sprinter delivery van, or going out Saturday night for a slow cruise with the windows down...

... I still love driving.
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

I love hitting that sweet spot in the rpm range where the car just goes and goes.
I love banked sweepers
I love a perfectly synchronized heel-toe downshift

And I LOOOOVVVEEEE teetering on the limit of adhesion as the tires release a subtle, consistent chirping sound, the tail gets a bit loose as the rear tires' slip angle increases and a slight bit of counter-steering is required to keep you and your car headed in the right direction and hauling ass down the empty country road.

I love driving to!
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

DerFahrer wrote:Hey Scott! Long time since you've been around these parts.

No disrespect, but I think the best way to test your dedication to a hobby is to overdo it.

I love to drive too, but I changed my username to The Driver in German for a reason... I've driven damn near 100,000 miles in the past 2 years. I do parts deliveries all around Central Florida, and used to drive anywhere from 20 to 40 miles to get to college classes, as well as go to the coast when I was with my ex. Frequently, I would drive 200 miles a day without ever leaving the Orlando metropolitan area. Through some of the worst traffic in the country. In pouring rain or through brush fire smoke. In cars as sweet as 400hp STis or as terrible as Mazda B-series trucks (I drove two of them for deliveries before my dealer got bought out)

Yes, on occasion, I've said to myself... this is boring. I'm tired of driving. I've been in this damn car all fucking day and haven't even left this shithole town. This sucks.

But somehow, whether it's passing a ricer with my nice new turbodiesel Sprinter delivery van, or going out Saturday night for a slow cruise with the windows down...

... I still love driving.
Gee whiz that's a lot of driving. And by the look of your post count, you haven't let up much here, either. When i was working in the desert, i did a bit over 30k in a 4x4 pickup, 70% of which was off road. Now, i see four wheelers, and i understand in the abstract sense that those guys probably have fun, but to me it just looks like work. With your regimen, i think i'd feel the same way on the road.

I don't drive much now, i do over half my traveling distance on a bicycle. That first post was after a long recreational drive in the hills, and it was just awesome to be able to sit down in the car and just have the 'feel' come right back, like i instinctively knew how to handle the car. It was kinda magical, which sounds pretty ghey, huh?
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I really don't drive much any more.

I barely put 1000 miles on the Legacy between this time last year and this year, and maybe put on about 8000 miles on the Impreza, same time frame.

I do like to drive, however the roads around here aren't overly condusive for "fun" driving. Plus I've always been a big proponent of minimizing my commute when possible.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm