Is McCain falling apart

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

dzx
Fifth Gear

Is McCain falling apart

Post by dzx »

Is it just me? It seems like his own supporters are sinking his boat. They make the republican party look bad and prejudiced. I don't think McCain is a bad guy but Palin seems dangerous.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/ ... pstoryview
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yes. That rally is the exact reason I consider myself to be a New Englander living under occupation and not an American.

As for Palin, I like how these religious freaks can trust geologists to find oil, but not to date rock strata with the remote hint of accuracy. I don't think Jesus rode a dinosaur to school. She must have thought The Flintstones was historical documentary.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

mccain was never together.
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

I wish they're were better choices. Obama to me isn't ready for a job like this. McCain, I just can't put my finger on it, but I don't like him much either.
1992 Legacy LS Special Wagon..
madmallard
In Neutral

Post by madmallard »

quicklook wrote:mccain's campaign was never together.
fixed.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Oh boy... a political thread.

I don't like either candidate. Never have.

But McCain has some clue of how to handle foreign policy. Every time Obama starts talking foreign policy, he reminds me of a little kid playing with the little green army figures.

And if McCain needs help with economics (which he will), he can just ask his wife.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I find it rediculous how the parties (D & R) give us these two for candidates. It's just like the South Park episode where they have to vote between a giant douchebag and a turd sandwich for their school mascot. Why can't we get some real leadership on the table for once? I don't like to have to choose between "four more of the last eight" or "Jimmy Carter's second term". And the only ones to gain from all this is the media, ever so steering us into forming "our own" opinions.

Oh, and that ACORN group has 39 or so under investigation for submitting fraudulent voter registration forms in Milwaukee, my home town. Two of the guys were convicts who are barred from working voter registration drives by state law even. I hear there's a lot of this going on in other states too. Why aren't we hearing about this on the prime time national news???

FYI Milwaukee had 5,000 more votes cast than voters in 2004.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=804176

I don't trust congress to make a ham sandwich right, nor do I trust the media to tell us what a sandwich is. Politics and government has got into so much that nothing works right.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Exactly. I admit I liked Obama at first, (though Ron Paul originally, until I realized he was nuts) but when he never came out to actually say how the fuck he was going to do anything (like any other politician), he lost me. Also disagree with him on most of his gun policy, but I figure he'd never get any serious gun ban through. That doesn't mean I like McCain, either. As usual, these candidates suck balls.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Don't worry.

McCain will croak soon after he takes the oath.

OR

Obama will be shot.

Now lets talk V.P.s

Yep. If you seriously want to talk politics, do it during primaries (actually before). That's the only shot us 'voters' have at getting somebody WE really want.

The only thing you can do at this point to have your voice heard is vote for a different party. Yes, it's 'throwing your vote away', now. But when peeps start doing it in mass, you can bet you'll see better candidates from the 'Big 2".
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I'm with you EM.

I entertained the idea of an Obama vote till I realized he was empty.

I gave Fred Thompson $50 when he announced his candidacy.

I'm not in love with McCain at all. Id rather be voting for someone else, but this is what we got. He's at least done some of the things both candidates say they'll do and, for the most part, I think his record has been more on the positive side than negative. But make no mistake, I'd rather be voting for someone like Thompson.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

I'd rather vote for Ted Nugent :)
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

I dont really care. If i was forced to chose at gunpoint, it would be for Obama. If McCain didn't have that whore Palin running with him, it might be easier for me to change my mind.

Regardless, no matter if we all cast our votes for a monkey, ANYTHING will be better than having Bush in office!
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Here, here! Bobo for president! Wait 'til you hear about his thoughts on implementing a bailout for beleaguered banana farmers in Brazil who lost their trees to cattle land and how he'll deal with Chavez and his Commie plan to give cheap bananas to the poor in the US to undermine the DoA subsidies of the Brazilian banana farmers.

Wait, we have a monkey for president. Well, an ape. Monkeys have tails. Then again, I've never seen pictures of Bush in shorts.
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

It's coming...

You can start burning your science books to stay warm.

Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

Not up to date, but what's the Jesusland drawing supposed to represent?
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

That'd be a McCain/Palin landscape...

Obamaland would be all united and shiny-happy, with everyone holding hands and getting along splendidly.

With free gasoline if you earn less than $250K.
Jerry

madmallard
In Neutral

Post by madmallard »

well, hate to tell you, but as long as we seek empathy from our elected officials as though they are human beings, we will continue to be run over by them.

People shouldn't anthropomorphise politicians.

They aren't people. They are tools. And when a hammer doesn't work anymore, you put it away and get out the vice grips.
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

Aerotech wrote:That'd be a McCain/Palin landscape...

Obamaland would be all united and shiny-happy, with everyone holding hands and getting along splendidly.

With free gasoline if you earn less than $250K.
gotcha. did a wiki and found where the drawing came from.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

love the picture, I wasn't really commenting on the election. I don't really care who gets elected so long as they don't make the situation worse. If they make it better, then that's a plus. I'm Just pointing out how stupid part of the population can be. Seems like a lot of adults don't really know how to act.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Quote from the article:

At a rally in Minnesota on Friday, a woman told McCain: "I don't trust Obama. I have read about him and he's an Arab."

Pretty much says it all.

Here's another good one someone sent me yesterday...

Jerry

Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Sorry, slow night here. :roll:

Check out this youtube video of the phonecall from McCain to Palin a few weeks ago... priceless :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QevraCQUc
Jerry

quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

madmallard wrote:
quicklook wrote:mccain's campaign was never together.
fixed.
nope.

i had it right first time.

don't need or want your help anyway.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

This is a prime opportunity for me to post my edited Obama poster:

2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I'll have to check out some of those links when I'm at home.

It's funny, both my mom & uncle said.....both candidates more or less suck....you have to vote for the lesser of two evils....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

For the most part, career politicians are liars and theives. People that I've met in school that want to be politicians are generally knobs that I would absolutely not want to represent me.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m