Misc. Crap

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Skruyd
Second Gear

Misc. Crap

Post by Skruyd »

Well I'm up and it is 3 in the mourning. I have nothing to do, no one to hang out with, and I'm freaking bored.

First story.

So far I've been trying to rebuild the motor on my Legacy. It's been two weeks and the block, crank and heads are still at the machine shop. I keep being told 1 more week because the seal kit isn't in for the heads. So, up coming Tuesday I go back and check on progress.

Story Two.

Through out the waiting period I've been collecting parts. I've lost about 60 bucks so far. 20 was my fault for ordering the wrong clutch. The 40 wasn't. I was ordering pistons from slowboyracing.com. On the page I saw that there was an option for Std .020 and .040 Wiseco for the block. Well the option for Std had the part number for the .040 piston beside it. I call to not mess the order up. I asked if they have Std pistons for Ej22t. They said yea, we don't have them in stock but we can get them. So I said go ahead and place the order. Calls me back and tells me Wiseco no longer makes that size. I told him to cancel the order then. Now, there is a 10% charge for canceled orders. But if they couldn't get something why would I order it? So do to technicalities I decide not to fight with them and take the lost.

Story Three

Cops. What do I have to say about the. I was let off once. Old guy, he caught me speeding 35 in a 25. I honestly thought that it was 35. I also didn't have my license nor my insurance on me (come to find out it was under my seat). Basically he told me I can continue driving or let my passenger drive (he had his license). So he left and I drove (destination was 30 more feet away).

Then the douche bags. Guy about in his late 30's to early 40's pulled me over. I was on my bike ('06 zzr600). He clocked me doing 63 in a 45. He asked me if I knew if he was behind me. I told him no. He said he was following me (about 7 miles) from 41a and I've been doing 50 all the way. Then I sped up after the light and that is when he clocked me. Basically I'm using my hand held Nav unit and it never said I went over 59. My speedo don't work because I've never got it fixed after my hit and run incident. Anyways I've got court on the 30th, I know it won't hold up but I guess I'll try and see if the judge can just give me a break or something. The thing that ticked me off was the fact that he said he was following me. But also if I can't get out of this citation my license will be suspended for a year. Oh yea, he also said he was in the hospital for 2 months because he did some stupid things on his bike, and well he doesn't want it to happen to me. pshhh.

Well, that's all folks
91 Subaru Legacy SS (Driving) 3"TBE, Vrg FCD, 440cc, HKS Safc, Vf10, ebay FMIC, Jecs
92 Toyota Corolla (fixing then selling)
06 ZZR600
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I guess start going to the track and stop speeding on public roads.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

fix the speedo.

first rule of going fast: look around everywhere for cops or stupid slow drivers.

if you tell the judge your speedo does not work my bet is he will feel no sympathy towards you.

59 was still way over the speed limit.

hope your engine build goes well.
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

kimokalihi wrote:I guess start going to the track and stop speeding on public roads.
Tracks closed, sorry. They don't open back up till april
91 Subaru Legacy SS (Driving) 3"TBE, Vrg FCD, 440cc, HKS Safc, Vf10, ebay FMIC, Jecs
06 ZZR600
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

lol better get yourself a nice racing game and one of these and hole up for the winter then!

98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

kimokalihi wrote:lol better get yourself a nice racing game and one of these and hole up for the winter then!

Nice, very nice. :-D

What game should I get to use it with then?
06 ZZR600
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

richard burns rally. or gran turismo.

I got a ticket last weekend too. Totally my fault and I shouldn't have been speeding at night without anybody in front of me to light up my radar for early warning. 75 in a 55. He was nice about it though and knocked it down to $75 from $150. Even complemented me on the gauge setup on the dash.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

biggreen96 wrote:richard burns rally. or gran turismo.

I got a ticket last weekend too. Totally my fault and I shouldn't have been speeding at night without anybody in front of me to light up my radar for early warning. 75 in a 55. He was nice about it though and knocked it down to $75 from $150. Even complemented me on the gauge setup on the dash.
Koo, now if I lose my license I now the game and setup I need to get :-D
06 ZZR600
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Yeah, cops are always looking out for your best interest. Thats why we have 'night time seat belt patrols' here now. Douche bags, indeed.

A better thing to do with the money you would've spent on that video game stuff is to invest it in a traffic attorney. Espeically if you're license is on the line. Make sure you get a referall from someone who's had success w/ one as attorneys can be major douche bags, as well.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

beatersubi wrote:Yeah, cops are always looking out for your best interest. Thats why we have 'night time seat belt patrols' here now. Douche bags, indeed.

A better thing to do with the money you would've spent on that video game stuff is to invest it in a traffic attorney. Espeically if you're license is on the line. Make sure you get a referall from someone who's had success w/ one as attorneys can be major douche bags, as well.
I think I need to look into that. I was hoping the cop won't be there and it get dismissed.
06 ZZR600
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

very rarely does a cop miss court.

they schedule it that way.
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

quicklook wrote:fix the speedo.

if you tell the judge your speedo does not work my bet is he will feel no sympathy towards you.
Hehe... so I tries a modified version of "my speedo doesnt work"

It was... After passing a radar box i realized that my speedo was reading about 3 miles too slow at 20 miles per hour... so at about 70 mph my car reads like 62....

yea... it didnt work... she mitigated it to cheaper, but yea...
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

biggreen96 wrote:He was nice about it though and knocked it down to $75 from $150. Even complemented me on the gauge setup on the dash.
yea, but the "nice part" is just a way to make it look liek they are the good guys in court, so its like, "well I wrote them up as a lesser deal, see, and they are still going to fight it."

Its just a game.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

No offence to anybody, but what ever happened to "man up", "pay to play", and personal responsibility?
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

PhyrraM wrote:No offence to anybody, but what ever happened to "man up", "pay to play", and personal responsibility?

I know, it's just frustrating. It just seemed like he stayed behind me to see how fast I'll go and then he pulls me over when I start to slow down. The most of my accidents happen when I'm going the speed limit or slower. I really don't like have people behind me.
06 ZZR600
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

smh0101 wrote:
biggreen96 wrote:He was nice about it though and knocked it down to $75 from $150. Even complemented me on the gauge setup on the dash.
yea, but the "nice part" is just a way to make it look liek they are the good guys in court, so its like, "well I wrote them up as a lesser deal, see, and they are still going to fight it."

Its just a game.
Yeah but I'm not going to court. So it was a nice thing for him to write it as only 15mph over when I was actually going 20mph over which caries a doubled fine.

It definitely pays to be nice to cops and make things easy for them. When my radar lit up when I got my 101 in a 65, I knew I was FUCKED so I slammed on the brakes, anti-lock working over time and parked on the shoulder before I even saw his lights. He said he was real appreciative of the fact that he didn't have to follow me and get too far from his spot. Dude could have slapped cuffs on me- but I cruised away with only a 55 dollar ticket and great story.
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Re: Misc. Crap

Post by Falken-18c »

the 2nd day of me getting my 93ss i had a friend driving my car we were speeding idk how fast lol we flew past tim hortons there was a cop in drive threw but he was stuck inbetween 2 cars 1 ahead and 1 behind him lol he must have seen us i know he heard the car was loud lol. another short story i had my car for an etest and the owner looked in he said he thought it was a semi truck in there i expected it to not pass but it past EASY
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Thread from the dead!

What I have learned from speeding besides be super nice to cops and make their job easy:
Build a rally car and enter a race, then you get 100-150 miles of closed stages to haul ass on.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

sounds like fun
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Re:

Post by Redlined »

quicklook wrote:first rule of going fast: look around everywhere for cops or stupid slow drivers.
First rule of going fast: You don't talk about going fast

Sorry. I had to.
Dave