help!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

tyrone
In Neutral

help!

Post by tyrone »

i was readin subiesport mag. and there were a few things about hondas and pickin fun of them. i know there is a huge conflict everywere about honda and subies. Is it ok to own both??¿¿
i have both a civic and a legacy and i catch alot of shit from everyone i know
i love my legacy
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

No it is not ok. We hate you. LOL jk jk. only problem with owning a honda or especially a Subaru, if you have a bunch of ricer mods. Particularly something like this....

1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Hondas tend to be riced up more often then a Subaru, getting there Bad name, there are some clean Hondas out there but there is no escaping FWD.
FastRust
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah I think since they're cheap and generally attractive cars, they're quite popular in the high school crowd. Highschoolers tend to not know much about cars and yet still think they know a lot. Which results in a lot of stupid rice mods like giant wings on the back of their FWD car that won't ever go fast enough to even create any downforce. Then they put altezzas on it and blue headlight bulbs and spray paint their interior plastics a crazy color that chips off in a few months. Probably their first mod is the loudest, biggest rice can they can afford on their stock motor.

I hate riced out cars. GRRRR!!!!
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

I go up to my friend. Man I need to look into doing equal length header's and a 3" catback for the Subaru.

Him: ohh bro your nuts, fuck get a nice wing for your car, and a those sick air filters. It will fly I swear.

me: ya, um, i got to go, I like your civic btw. (sarcasm)

It is true. Most people at my school are not even aware what a Subaru is to be honest. Actually what a engine is. I need to refer to it as a motor.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

People that hate Hondas just because of their image are just as dumb as people that gave them that image.

I own both. 08 Fit gets me around while I ponder my 91 Legacy's fate... and I'm 100% happy with the Fit. Bone stock as well.

Rice around here is like a washed-up comedian... it may have been funny at one time, but now it's not worth my attention.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I would've test driven a Civic Si if the newest ones were out when I bought my Mazda3, though I probably wouldn't have bought it since a punk trying to outrun me around a tight on ramp showed me they don't grip nearly as well or have as much low-end torque (which is, in turn, far less low end than the 2.2 N/A Legacy has). But anyway, there's nothing wrong with Hondas, just some of the idiots that own them. And many of them have moved on to used WRXs. I see just as many rice Subarus as I do Hondas now. The only difference is that it looks like the Subaru guys have more money to spend and by that, I would rather side with the Honda kids since I hate rich kids whose parents hand them money so they can pay a shop to mod their car.

Speaking of torque, if you want to impress a Honda kid, take them for a ride and boot it off the line or just do it next to them. I had a kid ask me what I had done to my wagon when he tried to keep up with me in his '93 Civic coupe with headers and intake and couldn't come close. I was just driving home and didn't know he was even there. When I told him it was stock and lower compression, even, it looked like he was going to cry. BUT, he got a good 7 mpg better.

Were I not using an EJ22 for my project vehicle, I'd be using a Honda engine.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
John Drivesabox
Second Gear

Post by John Drivesabox »

Subaru's are for enjoyment and quality. Honda's are for commuting in dry weather when you're too broke to afford good gas.
[quote="George McFly"] Hey you, get your damn hands off her!
[/quote]

Navy Chief, what's your specialty?
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

I like Hondas. Hate the majority of their aftermarket and many of their drivers. And the fact that good Type-R/Si parts go for prices that'd make STI part-shoppers cry doesn't help either.

I have nothing but respect for the guys who can build the old box Civics into 250hp Corvette-killers. But that accounts for about 0.003% of modded Civics.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

My friend has an 86 CRX that runs 11.7 quarters...and it's naturally aspirated
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Well, yeah, that car weighs like, what, 900 lbs with a full tank of gas? ;-)
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

555BCTurbo wrote:My friend has an 86 CRX that runs 11.7 quarters...and it's naturally aspirated
it was a death trap when it was new in 86 and it still is.

fast does not mean good.
94legacyturboawd
First Gear

Post by 94legacyturboawd »

what about volkswagens? I think I like them more than hondas, just because of the rice thing but we all know there are some sick ass german/ euro jagerdubs out there that would give our soobs a run but we also know that jdm stuff is superior as far as longevity and the price for parts is far less and there is less maintenance altogether. To be honest,I was always a volks guy I loved my 16 valve 1.8 natrually asp motors I just happened to stumble across this ss one day and I bought it on the spot after a test drive. I will never go back to volks now unless I could get another 1.8 for next to nothing. they really are great motors in my opinion
silver 94 turbo ss need lower control arm
01 maxima daily beater
95 ford contour trans blown
_Aramchek_
First Gear

Post by _Aramchek_ »

I didn't like my foray into the honda world.

I had a 91 Accord Ex with a swapped in h?22a.
About all it was good for was smoking the tires,it was quicker to 60mph than my SS,but the SS destroy it after that,it was rather light weight after all.

No torque to speak of though and it was horrendously bad in any kind of inclimate weather,then,one day,with no warning the front passenger wheel bearing locked up and ripped the entire wheel assembly off. Luckily I was only going 20mph at the time.

It felt toylike compared to my SS or my old Outback,like really cheaply made toy,and I know if I would have ever been in an accident with it I'd probably not have made it.

Ugh,no more Honda's for me thank you.