What did you do to your Subie today?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

kleinkid wrote:I had a dream a couple of weeks ago also. Was in a traffic jam and pulled over and got out to see what was causing the problem, was only gone a few seconds and when I got back my car was gone. Wanted to call police but my cell phone was in the car. Very bad feeling when I woke up. I am better now.
Glad to hear you've recovered.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Got my Proclips Phone mount today. installed it. was a little irritated that after $118 for the vehicle set and the phone mount it didnt come with a charger cord. Teach me to remember to look for the little things before I order. That aside it fit perfect and holds my phone great.
Dave

Dyno'ed at MPS

Post by kleinkid »

Went over to Maxwell Power Services in Arlington Washington this morning to get some pulls on their Dynocom chassis dyno. The last time this car was on a dyno was after the Aurtonic EM was installed and tuned in Dec. 2007 at PDX Tuning. Has not been retuned since then. Will be installing a ej257/20k heads, vf-23, 650cc injectors in the coming months, so wanted something to compare with on their dyno as this is where I will go to get the Autronic tuned.

210 hp
278 tq
16.1 a/f

If I wasn't going to go with a new engine, etc., would certainly have a retune done on the current engine.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Pulled the headliner, sunroof assembly, scraped out the old disintegrated sealant, put a new line down and reinstalled everything just before dark. 4.5hrs total.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

Saturday - Got up two and a half hours early to drive down to PIA. I love that place! I didn't love the bill though... Timing belt, rollers, tensioners, water pump, seals, gaskets, o-rings, and front belts.

Sunday - New front wiper blades. Goodyear Savers from Costco. Not fancy, not even pretty, but it's nice to see in the rain!

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Took out all my seats except my driver's seat. I'm sitting in my passenger seat right now in my room.

I scored some free 2.5RS seats that are waiting for me in Seattle, no reason to lug my stock seats all the way to Seattle and back if no one is gonna be using them anyway.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Free 2.5RS seats? How? Those are the black ones right? The really sick looking seats? I want those. I'll trade you my WRX seats for them lol.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

kimokalihi wrote:Free 2.5RS seats? How? Those are the black ones right? The really sick looking seats? I want those. I'll trade you my WRX seats for them lol.
They're these, not sure if this is what you're thinking of. Got front and rear :-D

mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

kimokalihi wrote:Free 2.5RS seats? How? Those are the black ones right? The really sick looking seats? I want those. I'll trade you my WRX seats for them lol.
Hey I have the 2.5 Black seats, might be interested in trading. What do yours look like?

Mine:

Mine are nearly immaculate, no tears or wear spots or flattened cushions, just need to vacuum ;)
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Dick^^ lol. It's fine though, unless he has gray seats I don't want them, and I don't think I've ever seen gray WRX seats.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Apex3 wrote:Dick^^ lol. It's fine though, unless he has gray seats I don't want them, and I don't think I've ever seen gray WRX seats.
Obviously you get first dibs if he wants yours. ;)
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

Went down to Auburn/Scarff Subaru and had a pair of keys made. The old key looks like a some one made a copy of the original key with some pasta, when compared to the new keys! Problems with the key being hard to turn are gone!

I wanted to get a valet key made but he didn't have any blanks for the valet keys.

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

put on a manual boost controller... :D
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Went back to Maxwell Power Services and Dom retuned the Autronic SMC. Adjusted the A/F mix, and now have 234 whp and 288 tq.
Last edited by kleinkid on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

ooo nice, is that WHP or crank?
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Apex3 wrote:
They're these, not sure if this is what you're thinking of. Got front and rear :-D
I thought you were talking about these ones. I bought an EJ22T from a guy who had a 92 legacy with these seats but all black. And they looked amazing. I asked him what car they came from and he said it was an RS.

Here's my seats. They're basically new. No tears or blemishes.

mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

The seats in your picture are from an '05 RS.
Ebay link

I think they were the only 2.5 NA Impreza to have the seats with the non-removable head rest.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Continued Patti's restoration like a true professional - buying more parts that won't be installed in a long time!

Both of those moldings were out of stock in all SOA warehouses, so I backordered them. I was quite surprised when they showed up two weeks later.

I hope to eventually have all the upper moldings.

I was finally able to buy them today because I had 100 Subarubucks... and because my manager was yelling at me to buy them before they got sent back :?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Went to the junkyard today and finally found a stock grill that I can modify now :-D and for $13, also picked up the little single din pocket with the door for the gap from your stereo, it was $1 :-D I might have to buy up all of them next time I go to resell them.
kimokalihi wrote:
Apex3 wrote:
I thought you were talking about these ones. I bought an EJ22T from a guy who had a 92 legacy with these seats but all black. And they looked amazing. I asked him what car they came from and he said it was an RS.
http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/subaru_impreza ... ntseat.jpg

Holy hell, those seats are amazing, no way I would trade those if I had them :lol: I'd rather have those than STi seats.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah I think those blue STI seats are hideous personally. But those black RS seats....drool. I was just joking, never thought you'd actually be down for that trade.
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

Oops, just bought a set of 550cc injectors and ordered some ph2->1 adapters. I'm not supposed to use any money on tuning until I'm done renovating the old piece of crap, but I was weak and someone I know told me he had a set just waiting for me... bastard.
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

What did those cost you? Also, who sells said adapters?
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

http://www.carldavey.co.uk/product.php?id=2

£30 (~$50) including shipping. Not sure if he charges extra for shipping to US, he didn't charge extra for shipping to DK.
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Those are pretty cool!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

I was gonna Seafoam it, but I ended up pouring Seafoam onto the right axle.

I poured it into the vent tube from the left vent tube. I was gonna use the brake booster line, but that one has one of those single use clamps, so I didn't want to mess with it.

So I pour some Seafoam in, and it doesn't even sputter. I pour in some more, and there is no problem. So keep pouring it in, bit by bit. Keep looking back, and I'm not getting smoked out.... Figure maybe I need to find a better tube to use.

So I look around at the fittings at the end of the intake tube. Lets see there is the tube that goes down to the block, and there is an open fitting. Open fitting? :shock:

Started looking around for a tube not connected, and it was the right side vent hose! It was just laying there on the block! :shock: :x :roll:

There we go - treated the fuel with some Seafoam, poured Seafoam on to the axle, and reconnected a vent line. :?

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB