FNG intro

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

gsglbc
In Neutral

FNG intro

Post by gsglbc »

hey all, Greg from Long Beach, here. I've got a 5-speed 1991 Legacy wagon, 2nd owner, bought it from Courtesy Chevrolet (my job at the time) in 1996 with 50 or 74Kmi on it for $4500. The odometer broke in May of 1999 on rte70 coming back from Denver at 169,311mi. A modest estimate of current mileage is 400,000, but is probaly more, as it's gone around the country multiple times and back and forth to Oregon and Nevada, Arizona, etc. In the 14 years I've had the thing, I've replaced the shocks, done a top-end rebuild ($800) and replaced the wheel bearings ($1100), and that's it. I think I've changed the oil and a few air filters too. Anyway, the ABS brain has just started to fail, and buying a $1600 part for a sentimental-value car that's really worth $500 ain't gonna happen.
So I've been trawling the WWW for Subie stuff and found this place. Anyway, "hi."

I'll head over to the parts thread, but the part number I need is
26771aa000 "hydraulic UN" and is located on the passenger side of the firewall. Anyone?
1991 Legacy Wagon; 400,???+mi
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Welcome to the BBS! I wish your odomete worked, Ive been trying to see who's got the highest mileage on their subie!
Im sure someone will have your part too!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Long Beach , Ca.? I lived there from '76-'88, worked at LBNS. Lived in the Eastside and Belmont Heights areas. You go to the LBGP Indy Car race?
gsglbc
In Neutral

Post by gsglbc »

:-D
Last edited by gsglbc on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsglbc
In Neutral

Post by gsglbc »

@kleinkid: man, you wouldn't recognize downtown LB these days. once the navy pulled-out, the pike/shoreline village and downtown became skid row, then the riots killed all the other businesses. fast-forward to 10 years ago and the city started developing all that area, had all us artists move-in to storefronts, slowly brought shops back, ran the metro straight downtown and built a few high-rise condos...now the place is downright legit! oh, they kicked-out all the punkers too. bonus? America's oldest tattoo parlor still exists, but is surrounded by brand new apt. buildings...it's a trip.

the best part of the LB grand-prix for me is the 2 months leading-up to it, when they line shoreline drive with the barricades and grandstands. that was my daily commute when I worked for the LBMA; most days I'm on a motorcycle and could get through some spots at 80mph pretending to be racing, hugging the wall. Rocking the Subaru through the race course is hella fun too. Come to think of it, they are gonna start building it next month; I highly encourage folks to come down and drive it...probably more of a ticket hazard these days, but still sweet. watch for peds.