Cheap car alarm?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

Cheap car alarm?

Post by Redlined »

Went out to the car today to find the passenger door ajar, the glovebox and center concole open, the face of my radio pried up my documents scattered around and a strange glove on the flood.

About a week ago I discovered the passnenger map light was on for no apparent reason. Tank of propane wandered off a couple weeks ago. starting to take this personally. Been here 4 years and NEVER had an issue.

Called the police. they took a report over the phone. Didn't even come look, to busy handing out traffic tickets I guess. So. Gonna install a motion sensor light and want to put an alarm in my car. Unfortunatly Im in a place where I cant afford a $300+ car alarm. E-bay has bunches of alarms for less than $100. my question is... are they worth it?

"you get what you pay for" isn't as true now as it used to be. Big companys have gotten used to having their name sell products for them and have lost concern with customer service/Product quality.

I just want something thats gonna wake the neighbors if something disturbs my car, and let me know to grab my gun.
Dave

Re: Cheap car alarm?

Post by cj91legss »

i cent remember what ebay alarm i ordered but back in 2005 i ordered one for around 35-45 bucks shipped and it worked.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

You could do like I did. I put up motion lights and in one of the sockets I put an adapter so I could plug in an extension cord. To that I plugged in a water valve out of a washing machine and adapted a hose and sprinkler to turn on with the light. I aimed the sprinkler strategically at the area that the perp. had previously violated and that night he or she got a cold water shower in the middle of the night. Have not had that dog take a crap in font of my tool shed since!
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

ok THAT I like! Take care of my neighbors cats sleeping on my hood too
Dave

Post by Mattheww044 »

Lunatech wrote:You could do like I did. I put up motion lights and in one of the sockets I put an adapter so I could plug in an extension cord. To that I plugged in a water valve out of a washing machine and adapted a hose and sprinkler to turn on with the light. I aimed the sprinkler strategically at the area that the perp. had previously violated and that night he or she got a cold water shower in the middle of the night. Have not had that dog take a crap in font of my tool shed since!
That...... is awesome
We have had several break ins in the last 6 months. The first time they got my stereo, all my school books, gym bag, and other little stuff. Now I don't leave anything in there. Anything at all that I would be mad if I lost. I am saving for an alarm myself, but what you did is just plain badass