Oregon Driving Roads

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Oregon Driving Roads

Post by T-LEGGY »

I did a search and didn't come up with much so I figured I would post. If this is the wrong section then please move this thread.

I'm looking for some good driving roads in the portland area, but if there are any Between Hood and the coast I'd love to here about them. What I consider a fun road to drive has low traffic, nice corners, decent pavement not much if any law enforcement, and good scenery.
Maybe even some nice smooth dirt/silt roads to get sideways

I know that there's some good ones in the Damascus/Estacada Hwy 213 I think? or is it 224? There's also one I drove up through the hills in Oregon City and out through Culver. I really should start looking at road signs more often. Germantown rd. is also a good one. I'd like to compile a good list of roads to drive for when the weather starts to get nice in the upcoming months. Who knows some fun roads in the area?
'94 Winestone Turbo Wagon 4.111rLSD JDM 5speed/Rebuilt motor/ A'pexi power intake
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Re: Oregon Driving Roads

Post by BSOD2600 »

While not fun and curvy, US97 on the eastern side of the mtn range is long, straight, and often not much traffic. Plenty of space to open it up.

heh, one trip coming home from college I ended up passing 3 semis with cars in-between them all -- I had that much time before oncoming cars.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

I'm not on that side of the state too often, but when I am I will definately give it a go.
'94 Winestone Turbo Wagon 4.111rLSD JDM 5speed/Rebuilt motor/ A'pexi power intake
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

Lets get a list going! Its going to finally get up above 70° here in Portland!