Lincoln Town Car vs. A House

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lincoln Town Car vs. A House

Post by Legacy777 »

Well I had an interesting morning/day.....however not quite as interesting as my landlord. I got a text from my neighbor around 10 am saying a car ran into my house! I live in a duplex type setup where my landlord lives in the front and I live in the back. A 2007ish Lincoln Town Car plowed right through the front of the house! It went through the exterior brick wall, interior bedroom wall, AND kitchen wall. It jumped a 15 foot ditch in front of the house! The car was stuck about 40 ft into the house.

Thankfully my landlord and his wife were ok. He was sitting in a chair watching TV, and we think another piece of furniture or the car pushed him off to the side. He had some cuts and received four staples on his head. I think his knee was also swollen, but was discharged from the hospital today. His wife was in the one side of the kitchen that did not get destroyed! Both are extremely lucky to be alive.

Here's a local news story, my pictures, and a high res security video of the car going through the house. View the video in HD & full screen to get a better view of the car.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Driver-c ... 85431.html

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/images/carvshouse

http://youtu.be/0FsGLn1Qx-I
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Re: Lincoln Town Car vs. A House

Post by Someperson »

Holy shit! That guy was Haulin... Surprised he didnt take out more of the structure
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Holy hell was he on bassaults or what!?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Wow josh, sorry for the troubles. But that bar and house interior is 70's pimp-tastic. :) It hit just the owners side of the duplex and not your portion, right?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
turboleg
Second Gear

Post by turboleg »

Glad to hear everyone in the house turned out ok. I'm assuming the driver wasn't in too bad of shape either?

He definitely had some speed behind him to make it over a 15' ditch. Most of the old big Lincoln's, Mercs, and Ford's did nose dives after a few feet. I broke an oil pan off of a Crown Vic prooving that. :grin:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
- Findlay
"You say grease monkey like its a bad thing"
http://www.toolsource.com
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

turboleg wrote:He definitely had some speed behind him to make it over a 15' ditch. Most of the old big Lincoln's, Mercs, and Ford's did nose dives after a few feet. I broke an oil pan off of a Crown Vic prooving that. :grin:
The new Dodge Charger/Chrysler 300 do too. I broke much more than an oil pan learning that :roll: Moving on...

That's some scary shit. Are you guys going to be able to stay there while they do the repairs? It's some crazy luck that nobody was seriously hurt :shock:
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Despite the house still standing, I think the towncar won.
Glad to hear that everyone is alright. Could've been a lot worse. Who did you piss off, Josh?
A relative of mine lives right at the end of a street that tees. Its also at the bottom of a hill. Always makes me nervous, especially in winter.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
turboleg
Second Gear

Post by turboleg »

I should mention that this happpened down the road from my office. Drunk driver running from the cops slammed into a newly renovated vacation home. The owners asked the town to do something about the possibility that it could happen again. So the town offered to come in and install 5 or 6" diameter pipes every 4 feet in the yard. The owner then went and found an old iron fence that matched the house and welded it between the posts. After it was painted black it is amazing looking and looks as if it belongs. About 4 months after installation another car lost controll in the same spot and smashed into the posts. The Tahoe wrapped around the post like the coyote from Looney Tunes. Other than paint swapping on the fence nothing really happened plud the house survived. Just a thought for the future for your landlords. I can take a picture of what they did if your interested.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by turboleg on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Findlay
"You say grease monkey like its a bad thing"
http://www.toolsource.com
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

Good lord. Just imagine if he hit the garage where your Legacy is stored.. :|
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Luckily or unluckily he went through the middle part of the house and didn't hit the side structure. If he would have, I think it would have been worse for the house (structurely). It probably wouldn't have gone in as far, but could have maybe caused a partial collapse. Luckily the car didn't hit the water supply pipe which feeds both their house and mine. All the other utilities come in from the back of the lot.

Yes, thankfully everyone is ok. The driver seemed ok, but his story about the stuck accelerator doesn't seem to jive....no brake lights, and the witnesses saying he was on the phone....just doesn't add up.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Do Town Cars even have electronic throttle? Regardless that's the popular thing to blame for your inability to hit the brakes nowadays. I don't see how being on the phone would do THAT. We will probably never know for sure, as he's probably trying to avoid jail time for wreckless endangerment.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
86BRATMAN
Second Gear

Post by 86BRATMAN »

all the newer ford's have that stupid electronic throttle shit,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
ggbox69
First Gear

Post by ggbox69 »

That's horrifying, glad everyone is ok. I hope they seriously consider never letting that guy back on the road.
1994 Wagon - Turbo swapped DD
EJ22T, 3'' TBE, Apexi Intake, Spec Clutch, H&R's, Robtune, VF39, 550's, Walbro, V2 STI Top Mount, AEM Wideband
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

wow. gotta watch out for rogue Lincoln clown cars i guess...
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc