1st gen owners get No respect.

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

dillonr92
First Gear

1st gen owners get No respect.

Post by dillonr92 »

Im tired of all these cocky wrx and sti owners. Exspecially when mommy and daddy pay for everything on thier cars plus thier fucking cars. I throw a duce up to a wrx owner i get the middle finger back. Like wtf. Sti owners wont even talk to 1st gen owners. if im not mistaken everyone has wrxs and. Sti s . how many first gens do you see. ? i believe the first gens were um. The predaccesors to your paid for by parents wrxs and stis.
92 SS winestone red. td04 - FMIC. RWD 5 spd swap/LSD.dead...
94 LEGACY GT RAISED ROOF WAGON, fozzy lift hydro clutch/91SS 5speed/VLSD..#5.NEW FuLL DRiFT SLuT 93SS winestone,RS 5speed RWD. Welded rear, td04, fmic, 17x9 +20
alexandermf
Third Gear

Re: 1st gen owners get No respect.

Post by alexandermf »

Woah bad day? Just cuz one dude in a wrx flips you off doesn't make the rest of them spoiled assholes...

I happen to see hundreds of subies on the daily and cruise with tons at night,a majority being wrx and sti, and they all have MAD respect for my first gen tleg. Many of them won't even know our legacies came in a turbo edition, just enlighten them and be cool about explaining to them about our lil click :)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I feel you. Not saying they're all dicks but from my experience talking to the ones I've come across they usually don't know a thing about their car, haven't done any of the work themselves and just got it because it's "in" and in a year or two they'll probably be driving something else.

The worst ones are the guys who think they're an expert on their car and when you start talking about it with them and you realize you know far more about their car than they do and you don't even have one.

I have gotten quite a few waves and "deuces" from wrx/sti drivers, however but there's been a few who have ignored me or just looked at me weird. I think the fact that my car is lowered on aftermarket wheels and has a black scoop on the hood that sticks out and they recognize it as a part of their car cues them on that it's not just an old japanese car.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

No not a bad day but in my area. The wrx and sti owners let it goto there heads this isnt the first time either and most of the owners around here are like 19 20 and. And deffinatly sponsered by mommy and daddy. I must say the older crowd of owners. That usually drive 09 stis and up do notice the first gens and useually. Check them out at meets an shit . Idk Its. Just annoying.
94 LEGACY GT RAISED ROOF WAGON, fozzy lift hydro clutch/91SS 5speed/VLSD..#5.NEW FuLL DRiFT SLuT 93SS winestone,RS 5speed RWD. Welded rear, td04, fmic, 17x9 +20
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

Kimo said it perfect.
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

I also get funny looks when I throw a deuce up at other modified Subarus; haven't gotten a return deuce yet.

Then again, I have that WRX scoop on my Legacy, and my intercooler spaced my headlights out so they look wrong. Perhaps that's why the funny looks. They probably think I'm in a '90's Honda half the time and put in a scoop to look cool, lol.

Although, the owner of Accelerated Automotive has now read the legendary thread Notes on the EJ22t and now considers the EJ22t more than a curiosity since I showed him my car. He's also got a 600HP WRX STi which I'm itching to get a ride in :)
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

I just say you dont have a thing i couldnt put on my car
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

dillonr92 wrote:I just say you dont have a thing i couldnt put on my car
lol!

Along with that, "Your inferior open-deck engine could be in my car but I don't want it!" :p
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

I wish there was a like button for comments on here lol
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

Yeah man I feel you. Everytime I go to a meet at Clackamas there are so many douchers. Oh well. Some of them check out my leggy, last meet some people were askin about mine. I always get hyped when a rex or sti wants to play around, I bet theyre surpirsed at how I can almost keep up! :) well, the sti's are. WRX's ain't too much faster than me. haha
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Legacies just don't get any love period. But I do love messing with the WRX's. I think its like that with the Mitsu crowd and the VR-4's.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

If its respect you're after, drive a respectable car. :o
But seriously, the WRX is the new civic and STi drivers usually seem like they would rather be driving a M3 but can't afford the insurance.
I could probably afford the payments on a WRX and put a couple of mods on it. But why would I do that when I can drive, in most respects, a better car that I don't have to worry about making payments on or getting full-coverage insurance for? Plus, the first gen Legacy is damn-near invisible. The only time other motorists even notice my car is if I'm blowing by them.
You know what really annoys me? When people don't understand basic grammar and place a period in the middle of a sentence.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

I do love the fact my cars paid off and i dont need full coverage. More money for mods...
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

I generally gets lots of intrigue and respect from WRX guys, and some STI guys. But most of them meet me at the auto-x, so right off the bat I always hear "so those came factory turbo'd?!?!?" and lots of questions regarding my AWIC setup and the early style turbos.

Its the stance crowd in general (which includes newer Subies) that treats me like a 2nd class citizen, which is fine by me.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

I'm ignored by most STIs and WRXs. I'm more noticed by Honda's and other car guys. Mainly the way mine sounds. As of right now its slow due to no turbo but that will change soon. Sure I get tired of looking over to an STI driver during a cruise and he gives me the "what the fuck are you looking at" look but at least I get the nod from Mustang drivers, Hondas, other Subarus besides STIs, and mostly any random person who will race me. I do see where you are coming from. That shit does get old
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I'm fine with being ignored :)

I'll get the occasional look due to the exhaust and the cam, but other than that, I don't care.

Ask yourself....do you modify and drive your car for you or for someone else? It should be for you.....and fuck what anyone else thinks.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Legacy777 wrote:I'm fine with being ignored :)

I'll get the occasional look due to the exhaust and the cam, but other than that, I don't care.

Ask yourself....do you modify and drive your car for you or for someone else? It should be for you.....and fuck what anyone else thinks.
This.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Legacy777 wrote: Ask yourself....do you modify and drive your car for you or for someone else? It should be for you.....and fuck what anyone else thinks.
+1million

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
dillonr92
First Gear

Post by dillonr92 »

True
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

kimokalihi wrote:I feel you. Not saying they're all dicks but from my experience talking to the ones I've come across they usually don't know a thing about their car, haven't done any of the work themselves and just got it because it's "in" and in a year or two they'll probably be driving something else.

The worst ones are the guys who think they're an expert on their car and when you start talking about it with them and you realize you know far more about their car than they do and you don't even have one.

I have gotten quite a few waves and "deuces" from wrx/sti drivers, however but there's been a few who have ignored me or just looked at me weird. I think the fact that my car is lowered on aftermarket wheels and has a black scoop on the hood that sticks out and they recognize it as a part of their car cues them on that it's not just an old japanese car.

Perfectly said.

I'll throw a hand up at wrxs and STis just to get nothing in return usually..Then when you actually get around to talking to them about their car... most of the time they are douchers.

Ah yes.. the joys of owning an awesome first gen non turbo grandpa wagon.
1992 Legacy L Wagon 4WD Auto 219K
1994 Legacy SunSport Wagon FWD 249K
1994 Legacy Ti 4WD Wagon 5speed 182K (162K on engine)
1991 Legacy L 4WD Wagon 5speed 202k
randomiam
Second Gear

Post by randomiam »

I don't really feel the need for respect or cred. I drive these cars because they are less known not because I want to be a unique snowflake but rather the parts are cheap, tons of stock clean factory cars still on the road and honestly, is there another turbo/awd platform out there for this cheap? Maybe a GSX?
Subaru-less
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

The Eclipse is like the original Fast and Furious ricer. I couldn't bring myself to drive one.

free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

James614 wrote:The Eclipse is like the original Fast and Furious ricer. I couldn't bring myself to drive one.
LOL agreed.

Personally, I like having a turbocharged box. Insurance is, as mentioned, ridiculously cheap. I'm paying like $50 / mo for THREE turbocharged boxes. The best is going to be once I get the '91 going in full sleeper mode with forged internals and 20-30psi.

"Is that a little hood scoop on that box? Hey, where'd it go?"
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock