When is mitsubishi going out of business?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

lucas
Third Gear

When is mitsubishi going out of business?

Post by lucas »

Been reading some articles that mitsubishi has had doo doo sales for the last few years along with volvo. Id very much like to see the both go away as they both suck huge bananas.
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: When is mitsubishi going out of business?

Post by James614 »

I don't see Mitsu going away. They are huge around the world, and they make everything from TVs to fighter jets. They can afford to fail in the US for a while until they find their niche again.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Their next move is said to be hybrid in every model. They're making the evo a hybrid as well. I don't care for their crappy cars either and volvo either but if I could axe one car company it would be chysler. The world doesn't need anymore poorly built fugly chysler products.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

agreed chrysler.... yuck. What will people in detroit buy then?
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Subarus, because of their amazing in the snow awd drivetrain...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Chrysler... do. Not. Get. Me. Started.

I'm getting angry just writing about not getting angry about them.

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Its one thing to not like a car make. And another thing, altogether, to think they should stop making cars just because you're not a fan. Every car has its place, hence their brand's continued existence.
Imagine how many people can't stand Subaru. Should they go out of business?
Volvo makes good, safe cars. And they just entered V8 Supercars racing this season.
Mitsubishi cars are crashed more than any other on the road. Imagine how many more customers that is.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

There are a lot of Subaru haters out there. And any of them think the new models we hate are a huge improvement :/

lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

Its not that I don't like this or someone hates that its their sales and reliability that has put them on the chopping block. Consumer report has railed almost all their vehicles this last year its sad. Ive never liked em so i don't really care, furthermore all the EVO people i know are total cock gobblers
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
Hinano
First Gear

Post by Hinano »

Mitsubishi Heavy Industry which I believe is the parent to many other branches their company seems to often be involved in scandals and or bogged down by nepotism/cronyism. The structure of many japanese companies based on seniority rather than talent or capabilities can lead to problems, although sometimes good stability…

I don't know what will happen but I do know Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is absolutely MASSIVE and have a hand all kinds of industries and have access to huge amounts of capital. Considering how integral they are to Japanese economy and society, I don't think they will go down fast if they go down at all. I actually think big japanese companies like that, with the help of the Japanese government and people would more likely be able to reform in the needed way to be competitive in the ever changing world market. Only thing is, it usually gets much worse before it gets better. :/

Just my opinion.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I think Mitsubishi will be here two more years, and then they'll pull out of the US market.

Now that the Evo is going away, Mitsubishi has discontinued four of its most popular models with no replacements, the base Lancer is old and forgotten, the i-MiEV may as well not even exist, and did you know there's a new Outlander out? Don't feel bad... no one else does either.

In my opinion, the parent company will not dump the amount of money into Mitsubishi's US car sales that it needs to return to relevancy again.

That doesn't mean they will cease all US operations (just like Isuzu is still selling commercial trucks here and Suzuki is still selling motorcycles), but I'm certain that Mitsubishi will stop selling cars here before the end of the decade.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Speaking of the new Outlander, the chick in the new Outlander Sport commercial is pretty hot :lol:

http://youtu.be/sCcbkNkQmGc
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Well I won't be sad to see them go as I wasn't sad to see pontiac close its doors. Now they need to close chysler and start some new american companies that actually make quality products again. Elio motors has the right idea but I don't know whether they'll ever make production or not.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

AMC needs to come back.. and i was sad to see pontaic and oldsmobile go as well.
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

I was sad to see Pontiac go. GM really straightened them out with the Solstice, G8 and GTO IMHO. Heck, the G8 completely slaughtered the Charger when it came to being an awesome RWD sedan

lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

G8 was pretty sick. There is a guy that lives near me that has one but he put all the Holden badges on it. Looks really good. GM has gone full poo poo brain if you ask me with the exception of the new colorado coming with a diesle engine.
1993 legacy ss "Shela"