Scruff's Stuff

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

ride_child
Third Gear

Re: Scruff's Stuff

Post by ride_child »

oh nice, a lot of my friends lived around that lake, there and in winterhood haha. my grandparents live right by the boat launch to lake sawyer.
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
Scruff_
First Gear

Post by Scruff_ »

photo dump! wish some of them were more clear but eh... next time ill be more attentive

Interior-

the pillar gauge is SO bright. not as overpowering in real life

Engine Bay-

Brakes (and wheel)

will be getting much better rubber come spring, winter wheels/tires to go on in the next month or so

Exterior shots-

1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 4EAT
1994 Subaru Legacy TW
2000 Toyota Echo
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Lookin good man!
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Scruff_
First Gear

Post by Scruff_ »

Slow day at work, thought I'd post my new daily driver! It was posted on CL last Thursday and I drove down with my wife on Sunday to pick it up!

Bone stock SS 4EAT, everything works except for the A/C (original Calsonic compressor is shot) and the LED 3rd brake light. 1 owner, just passed 215K miles, according the the Carfax they bought it in Jan. '91 (Prod. date 9/90) with 9 miles on it. Looks like it was traded in @ Carter Subaru in Shoreline and was subsequently auctioned and purchased by an independent dealer in Vancouver, WA where I purchased it from.

Over the moon on it, I didn't think I'd get one this stock/clean after the market seems to have dried up on these. This one is going to stay largely stock, I'll make a few improvements here and there but for the most part I want to preserve it so I don't need to worry about reversing some of the aging that's happened to my manual '91 over the years. Now I can drive this around while I piece that one back together!

1994 Subaru Legacy TW
2000 Toyota Echo
cartwheels
Second Gear

Post by cartwheels »

Absolutely mint! I wish my 91 was this clean... although if it was, maybe I'd be more hesitant to modify it! Nice job finding this one. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
1994 Legacy TW
1993 Geo Tracker
1991 Legacy SS (finally got one!)
Scruff_
First Gear

Post by Scruff_ »

cartwheels wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:27 pm Absolutely mint! I wish my 91 was this clean... although if it was, maybe I'd be more hesitant to modify it! Nice job finding this one. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
It was $4500, so less than I spent on the manual ($5500) but more than my TW ($3500). I definitely think it was worth it.

Actually moving some stuff around now, the TW is going to be auto/stock again for daily driving duties, I'll manual swap this one with the stuff from my manual '91 to make a stock manual sedan, reseal both engines and replace timing belts and do some maintenance as-needed so I'll have a clean slate for both of them.

Then I'll have two stock T-Legs with minimal rust/body damage and complete interiors and I can tinker with them as I go along!

Didn't expect to have an opportunity like this, but it's too hard to pass up. The manual '91 is almost completely disassembled so it will be easier to just manual swap the new one, and the wagon will make a great cruiser with the auto (and my wife can drive it)! It is also pretty clean, so it would have been a waste to get rid of, the manual '91 has some hard miles on the chassis and it shows, I think it's time to retire it...
1994 Subaru Legacy TW
2000 Toyota Echo
cartwheels
Second Gear

Post by cartwheels »

Very nice! Sounds like a good plan. Be sure to post updates as you make progress!

Also, if you happen to part out your other 91 when you retire it, I'm interested in the front bumper and perhaps other bits ;-)
1994 Legacy TW
1993 Geo Tracker
1991 Legacy SS (finally got one!)