WTF Photobucket!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

dankberries
Second Gear

WTF Photobucket!

Post by dankberries »

All my hosted images through Photobucket are no longer viewable. Recent changes to there policy mandate purchasing there 500 plus plan for $399 a year to in able 3rd party hosting.

I'm outraged. I've been using and enjoying Photobucket for 10+ years and this is outright devilish.

What's the next best thing for free 3rd party hosting?!

Regardless I refuse to pay $399 annually to post images, it's going to take me forever to re do all the pictures on this forum alone.

Ugh this is a real drag!
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: WTF Photobucket!

Post by cj91legss »

Yeah, they can go suck a fat one. I hope thy fail horribly.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

For the administrators​, just out of curiosity, what would it take for a site like this to host images? What costs are involved, what kind of space can be supplied?

Rather than going to the next company that provides free image hosting and potentially later down the road not allowing it, like Photobucket, I would rather pay this site to allow me to host images so I don't have to go through the all the trouble and headache involved of redoing everything.
93 impreza rally muffin
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

PB sux...esp. since there was no warning - @ least that's what I read.

if this site's software allowed Attaching images (like the USMB) that would be ideal, IMHO, but I doubt it supports it.

Google (originally picasaweb) doesn't charge, but they stopped allowing any 'new' image links.....but my originals still work ( I think).
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

I've heard it's now ransomware
Legacys are like potato chips-you can't stop at one!
subiedoutlegacy
First Gear

Post by subiedoutlegacy »

I use flickr with no issues!
91 Mica Ruby Legacy Sport 550 Robtune
94 White Pearl Legacy L SOLD
04 San Remo Red Impreza WRX
04 Java Black Pearl Impreza STI
94 Crimson Pearl Legacy Sport Partout
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

yea i just randomly got an email from them about it. i thought it was in poor taste, im down to pitch in to have this site host if thats a foreseeable option.
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

Either way I look at it I would have to pay Photobucket for at least a month ($40) just to see what my images where. Given the volume of pictures I have I can't remember what they all are. It will take me months I imagine to redo everything. It doesn't make sense to switch everything to Flickr when they could potentially ask for money down the road.
Alternatively it dawned on me that I actually know the creator of Photobucket through my line of work. I spoke with him on Monday and I might have something worked out. Regardless I still would prefer to have my images hosted through this site in the future if at all possible.
93 impreza rally muffin
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
subiedoutlegacy
First Gear

Post by subiedoutlegacy »

dankberries wrote:Either way I look at it I would have to pay Photobucket for at least a month ($40) just to see what my images where. Given the volume of pictures I have I can't remember what they all are. It will take me months I imagine to redo everything. It doesn't make sense to switch everything to Flickr when they could potentially ask for money down the road.
Alternatively it dawned on me that I actually know the creator of Photobucket through my line of work. I spoke with him on Monday and I might have something worked out. Regardless I still would prefer to have my images hosted through this site in the future if at all possible.
True, all my pictures are backed up so if anything on flickr, photobucket etc is deleted or charged for it is all copies. I wouldn't necessarily miss it. Granted it would be annoying in a sense that everything you posted shows nothing so yeah you are right, they kinda trapped anyone who used them.
91 Mica Ruby Legacy Sport 550 Robtune
94 White Pearl Legacy L SOLD
04 San Remo Red Impreza WRX
04 Java Black Pearl Impreza STI
94 Crimson Pearl Legacy Sport Partout
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Hi guys,

I'd have to talk with Dave about the image hosting. I don't know that there's a huge cost impact, but I don't know how it would be done without setting an ftp account to upload photos. None of these are huge challenges, but I'm not sure how the site is configured, etc.

If someone is in a bind with image hosting I'm happy to host photos.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm