Legacy meet in Central PA (all Subaru's welcome)

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

East Coast Meet and Drags?

I'm there, lets race!
47%
I'll come but racing scares me.
24%
Nah, don't think I can make it.
29%

Total votes: 17

NemesisEJ22t
First Gear

Post by NemesisEJ22t »

This is still going on right? I am going to be able to make it I think. I need to take some stuff up to Penn State for the school year anyway, and williamsport is only an hour further down the road....Better make that 2 hours because i WILL get lost. I am cursed when it comes to finding my way around Williamsport.
Ben
91 Celica All-Trac @ 0 psi (turbo being installed)

92 Celica Turbo FWD (swap) @ 12 psi HOLY CRAP!!! I miss AWD
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

skid542 wrote:I bring grave news ... I won't be able to make it :(. The plans for taking my friend back to school fell through. I wish I could make it up, I'd love to see some of your all's cars.

Lee
I'm sorry to hear that. :( If something changes let us know.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

NemesisEJ22t wrote:This is still going on right? I am going to be able to make it I think. I need to take some stuff up to Penn State for the school year anyway, and williamsport is only an hour further down the road....Better make that 2 hours because i WILL get lost. I am cursed when it comes to finding my way around Williamsport.
Yep, it's still on as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that is in question is the track rental. I'm not sure if we're going to have enough people pre-pay to get it. If we don't rent it there will probably be some other racers there doing tune and test runs, which really isn't a big deal.

You won't even have to come to Williamsport at all. We'll be meeting in Lewisburg for breakfast, then going to the drag strip. :)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I go back to school on the 15th. I can reserve the weekend of the 21st, if I can get a place to crash up there.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
NemesisEJ22t
First Gear

Post by NemesisEJ22t »

I'd say you could stay at my house at Penn State, but i think i will only be there for friday late night and saturday. What time is breakfast?
Ben
91 Celica All-Trac @ 0 psi (turbo being installed)

92 Celica Turbo FWD (swap) @ 12 psi HOLY CRAP!!! I miss AWD
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

BAC5.2 wrote:I go back to school on the 15th. I can reserve the weekend of the 21st, if I can get a place to crash up there.
Answered on Nabisco. ;) But ya, Phils stayin' at my house.

I'm not 100% on this yet because I want to ask the wife but those of you that are coming from out of town and can't afford lodging can maybe bring your tents and sleeping bags and camp out in my back yard.
We can have a little pre-meet BBQ Friday night too. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

NemesisEJ22t wrote: What time is breakfast?
I'm going to start working out the pre-drag breakfast details and directions for everyone very soon so I'm not totally sure yet but it will probably be kinda early like 8:30-9:00 am.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

So is it August 21st for sure now?

Is there still room for one more small person in your house, Matt? :) I only weigh 150, and can even drop down to 145 if i don't eat for a day or so.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Brat4by4 wrote:So is it August 21st for sure now?
Yep. :)
Is there still room for one more small person in your house, Matt? :) I only weigh 150, and can even drop down to 145 if i don't eat for a day or so.
:lol: Sure, definitely but here's the thing, I only have 1 couch, no spare beds and hard wood floors (not real comfy). That's why I'm thinking about having people camp out in the backyard. I have a 4 man tent that we can set up and then if anyone else can bring a tent I'm sure we'll have more then enough spots, I have a good sized back yard. If everyone can pitch in then we can have a BBQ and pitch some horse shoes or something, I'm sure it will be fun. So, if you don't mind sleeping in a sleeping bag then I'd love to have you. :D

I did talk to wife and she's cool with having some people stay, so if you need to camp out at my place let me know. :)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

William, so are you going to want to stay at my place?
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

If I'm allowed ;)
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Dibs on couch!

Roman and I will probably leave on Friday at around noon-ish, maybe a little later. I'm a-feared of the SHO on the highway :(.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Brat4by4 wrote:If I'm allowed ;)
Huh? :? What do you mean?
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
schubaru
In Neutral

Post by schubaru »

so umm... did this ever happen? :?
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

schubaru wrote:so umm... did this ever happen? :?
Sure did! It's going to be an Annual event too. It's called the Subaru Feed and Speed. Here are links to the threads about it.

The first one has pictures of the event on the first couple pages.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... feed+speed

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... feed+speed

It rained and we didn't get to race but it was a lot of fun anyways.

Most of us also got together again for the East Coast Subaru Shootout this past Sept and actually got to race that day. Heres some links (first ones got the pics):

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... t=shootout

:D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
schubaru
In Neutral

Post by schubaru »

that's really cool. once i get my deerplow (trust me; doesn't resemble what i want a subie to look like) fixed up, i'll attend these next year. :)

what would be really cool is like a gumball race through both canada and the us.... only for subies tho. :)
'91 N/A Limping Legacy

round and round she goes; where she stops; nobody knows!
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Thanks. I hope you make it. :)

Ya, we've been tossing around the idea of some type of Gumball for a while. Something reasonable too, not like the Players Run that cost something like 10G's to enter. :roll:

A bunch of us need to get a few points removed before we do something like that though. :lol:
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
schubaru
In Neutral

Post by schubaru »

haha. i'm right there with ya... think i still have 2 on mine.... plus yesterday i got a notice to respond to my last ticket or they'll take my license... lol. guess i'll respond to them today. (got pulled over thanksgiving weekend for 10 over in a passing lane *groan*)

my ticket in NY never showed up either. my cousin is a military policeman in north carolina; so he ran my license for me through the NY system and it came back clear and valid.... i guess after a year or two they just give up on out of staters. now if only PA would drop 5 points a year instead of 2. :roll:

highest ticket in PA was 97 in a 65 (i got slowed down from about 110). took it to court tho and got it knocked down to 25 over so i could keep my license.

passed a cop on the QEW on my way to Toronto one night. speed limit on that road is 100km/60mph. my speedo was pegged, so i didn't bother trying to slow down. just kept watching in my mirror. either he was asleep or astonished - he didn't follow me. 8)
'91 N/A Limping Legacy

round and round she goes; where she stops; nobody knows!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

So when's the next Speed & Feed? I think the Poker Run (rich pricks race their fast boats for a deck of cards !?) is June 18-19 and I'd like to see it, but I'll skip it if I have to.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, whenever it is, I am down.

Dibs on couch!!!!!! :)

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Well, I was actually hoping to already have a date set for the next Feed and Speed by this time but my current situation with my car got everything screwed up.

I'm hoping for the F&S to be some time in June or July.

I'm also kicking around the idea of having another meet that's based more on camping and running some of these great back roads we have up here in my area. This would be seperate from the F&S and real laid back. Does that sound fun to anyone?
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Not a bad idea. A camping type thing may be better for me as I get more time down there, too. I won't be able to take weekdays from work, though, as the marina's going to be busy as hell and the other mechanic (who really knows his shit) went back to Florida. So it's my boss who's good and me who's slowly making it up the learning curve.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That sounds pretty bitchin to me Matt!

There's no drinking age in the woods :)

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Cool guys! Well, we'll have to do that too then. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]