Legacy meet in Central PA (all Subaru's welcome)

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

East Coast Meet and Drags?

I'm there, lets race!
47%
I'll come but racing scares me.
24%
Nah, don't think I can make it.
29%

Total votes: 17

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Legacy meet in Central PA (all Subaru's welcome)

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Ok, I have been throwing around the idea of trying to organize a meet for this summer and with Steves mention of an East Coast meet I thought I'd finally bring it up. It would be in the Central PA region and ALL model Subarus would be welcome with an emphasis on the BC/BF Legacy.

I'm also kicking around the idea of having 1/4 mile Drags too. There's a 1/4 mile strip (Beaver Springs) very close to where I live. This is the strip that held the East Coast Subaru Shootout the last 2 years. They have Tune and Test days that are from 10am-4pm and you can have unlimited runs for $35 USD. We could have a turbo class and a N/A class or whatever.

So I thought we could all meet up in the morning, have breakfast, then go to the track for a day of racing, story telling and laughs. They have food and drink at the track too, plus they have race fuels and NOS on site. After 4 pm we could all go get dinner before breaking it up and if people wanted to after all that we could go for a sunset cruise or something too.

Or we could just meet up, eat, hang out, and go for a local cruise or something.

I'm polling to see 1. Who is interested in coming and 2. Wheather or not you will want to drag.

Feel free to make suggestions or whatever.

:D
Last edited by legacy92ej22t on Sun May 16, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'm there whether we race or not. I don't know if I will or not, it depends on my bank account situation (and whether or not I can afford to replace a clutch, lol).

Definately mark me down, it does depend on the date though. I'm going to be gone June 4th for the Carlise Meet with Roman and the SHO crew. I am also going down to Ocean City for Senior Week so I can scam on high school girls.

But my schedule is pretty flexible so I can usually work around things.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

It's too bad it's so far from me... I dunno if I can make something that far away... :(

I'm definitely doing the Dragon run in June, and that's quite a drive for me too...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
elkaboom
First Gear

Post by elkaboom »

Wowsers! Sounds like the making's of a really good time. I'd be laughed off the track if I tried to race my n/a though. Fast doesn't accurately describe it's acceleration characteristics though. More like... "spunky".
Anyway, assuming it didn't explode or anything verging on catastrophic, I'd be totally down with driving down to PA for a weekend of burning up my tranny and damaging suspension components. Heck, it's not unlike my daily commutes anyway. Ahhhh... driving around NE ohio during construction season = sucks ballz.
Sounds like a wicked good time in any event. I'm there if we can organize something
Bob
90 Legacy LS AWD n/a -190,000 and going strong!

91 Legacy SS -currently stock and awaiting marginal upgrades (dead) RIP
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

What can I do to help?
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I wish BeaveRun didn't cost like $150 for a track day. That'd be a blast if we could all get out on a real track.

I think that would be borderline scary to people. 10 or 15 old Subaru's turning a track. That'd be nuts, lol.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

boo yam im there
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I'll come if it's at all possible. Racing'd probably be fun too.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I can try to make it, but with these old cars you never know what'll crop up that I won't want to risk a 6 hr+ trip for. It would be good to meet you guys for once. When are you talking?

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

10 votes so far! Looks to be the biggest Legacy Turbo meet in history!

Shatters our 3-member-meet of last month eh?

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

I'm there:)

Gonna have to learn how to launch tho.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I'm down. But $35 is awfully steep for dragging. Where I go it's $10 to race (unlimited runs) and $5 to watch. Plus I won't be running more than ohh... 5 times or so.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
NemesisEJ22t
First Gear

Post by NemesisEJ22t »

Hmm. Lets see.... I am an hour from williamsport..... I dont know, thats a pretty long drive. ARE YOU KIDDING??? Of course i'll be there!, I even have friends there that i could stay with if it gets late. I will be racing too of course.
Ben
91 Celica All-Trac @ 0 psi (turbo being installed)

92 Celica Turbo FWD (swap) @ 12 psi HOLY CRAP!!! I miss AWD
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Alright guys! I think there is already enough of us to move ahead with this. I'll probably set it up that we race since 2/3rds of us want to and those who don't want to can just hang out or ride shotgun with some of us on some runs. Whatever, it will be fun.

I'll start really trying to get some dates and times together. Hopefully this will grow a little though. I know we have about 10-15 members on the board from PA alone so hopefully the ranks will grow.

I'd really like to get a N/A group and a FI group for the drags. If this gets big enough maybe we can offer prizes or something in each class for 1st, 2nd and 3rd fastest. Haha, and maybe a little something for slowest in each class too. Nothing real big (unless we get sponsors) mind you but something.

So, I think it's a go and more info will follow. =)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Padishar Creel wrote:What can I do to help?
I'm not sure yet Scott but I will definitely let you know and thanks. Maybe if this grows enough, and your still in the 93, you could help organize the N/A guys or something. =)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

BAC5.2 wrote:I wish BeaveRun didn't cost like $150 for a track day. That'd be a blast if we could all get out on a real track.

I think that would be borderline scary to people. 10 or 15 old Subaru's turning a track. That'd be nuts, lol.
:twisted: Ya it would! It would be pretty scary for those of us on our stock suspensions though. :lol: At least straight lining keeps the chances of messin' the ride up pretty low.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
elkaboom
First Gear

Post by elkaboom »

True that :D . My suspension is a wreck anyway... talk about scary.
I'm easily looking at $600.00 to replace damaged or worn out components.
I'm much more comfortable on smooth blacktop, and easy, sculpted turns.
I'll still tear it up, though. Heck, if we've got a bunch of guys together anyone who has a mechanical problem won't have to go far to have it fixed :D !
Anyway, it's n/a all the way baby! Well... maybe not.
I'm still down for going. In fact, I wouldn't miss it, this may be the high point of my summer; my ex is moving to Montana of all places (with my 'lil one in tow :( ), so I'll be looking to keep myself ocupied.
BTW, if there's anything I can do to help, lemme know.
Bob
90 Legacy LS AWD n/a -190,000 and going strong!

91 Legacy SS -currently stock and awaiting marginal upgrades (dead) RIP
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

When are we talking for? I would really love to go if I can.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

elkaboom wrote: Heck, if we've got a bunch of guys together anyone who has a mechanical problem won't have to go far to have it fixed :D !
Haha, that's true. :D
BTW, if there's anything I can do to help, lemme know.
Thanks, I will.

Steve- I'm just starting to really research and get this going. I'll let everybody know as soon as possible.

I did go to the Beaver Springs web site and found out that we could rent the track all to ourselves if we want. It's requires at least 10 cars to be racing though and cost $300 for the 10 cars ($30 a piece) and is $30 each additional car after that. It's also only for 4 hrs that way instead 6 hrs on a tune and test day for the same money. The only other difference, besides that we'd have 2 less hrs to play, is that on a tune and test day there will be other types of cars and bikes present too.

So what do you guys think?

Oh and I found out that W&L Subaru is throwing the '04 East Coast Subaru Shootout on Sat. Sep. 18th at Beaver Springs. Last year Shik told me that if we got enough Legacy turbos there we could have our own class. :twisted: Last year I was the only Legacy turbo but even though it was raining we had about 100 cars there. It was a lot of fun.

I do still want to have our own meet before that though. But it'd be cool if you guys could make the shootout too . :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

We should rent that whole thing out! 4 hours is plenty, and for 10 cars, it should be more runs than we could handle, lol.

A date is important though, as my schedule is filling up FAST. Mid June would work perfectly for me though :)

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Well, I'll have to call and see about rental availability but so far we only have 7 people that want to race so we're at least 3 short of it even being an option. We'll see.

You should definitely come to the Shootout in Sept. too Phil. It's a blast! :twisted:
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Beaver Springs is an actual track, right? Like a road course? What is the necessary safety equipment, or is there any?

Steve
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

BeaveRun is a road track. Brat4by4 goes more than anyone I know. He'd be the one to talk to.

Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

You need a Snell SA-whatever helmet (they don't like M's) and a safe car. Oh, and you are also supposed to wear cotton long sleeves and pants. They are so ridiculous with their regulations :P

Just little other basic stuff is not allowed like convertibles (sp?) without roll bars and cracked windshields.

www.beaverun.com
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'd wear cotton even if it wasn't required. In any instance of a crash involving fire, I'd prefer my shirt NOT get melted to my body as would happen with a synthetic.

We were required to wear cotton clothing (organic was preferred) at the fire academy. Kind of weird because you are lugging 50 pounds of gear with a layer of super absorbant clothing between you and the relatively airtight turnout gear. At the end of the day you smelled like ass and looked like a wet dog.