Legacy meet in Central PA (all Subaru's welcome)

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

East Coast Meet and Drags?

I'm there, lets race!
47%
I'll come but racing scares me.
24%
Nah, don't think I can make it.
29%

Total votes: 17

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

ya, Beaver Run is a road course, BUT Beaver Springs (where the meet will be) is a 1/4 mile drag strip. I'll double check safety requirements but IIRC you don't even need a helmet unless your running 12.99 or faster, and roll bars if you run 10.49 or faster.

I think runs at Beaver Run (road course) would be really fun to do but it's like $150 a day or something. Maybe we can have a meet there too some day but for this one I was planning to keep it cheap, simple and just do some straight lining.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

ooohhh, lol. I didn't know the name of the place we are going to, lol.

Faster than 12.99 eh? Do they rent helmets ;)
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I got a few dates that we can choose from. I also noticed that we can rent the track with under 10 cars but it will cost more per person. At 7 people it would be around $43 each. It's $300 to rent the track for 4 hrs and that is good for up to 10 cars. After that, each additional car is $30. The other problem is I'd need the money up front to rent the track. If it rains out they do not refund money either, they give you a rain check. So if everyone wants to really commit and rent the track, let me know so I can move on it.

Anyways here are some possible dates.

Sat. June 19th
Sat. July 17th
Sat. August 21st

Please post when would be best for each of you and I'll try to lock this down. Also say as to wheather or not you want to rent the track please.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I think August 21st would be best for me... since it'd give me more time to get my cars together. :)

I would like to rent the track, but I'm antsy about committing... Would it be okay to put up a $30 deposit (assuming we have 10 people interested) and then, if for some reason I can't go, I just lose my deposit (essentially donating it to the rest who do go)?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I don't know if the 21st is going to work for me. I'll be getting ready to go back to school then.

July 17th would probably work for me, but I dunno. I could probably commit, lol.

If it rains? Isn't that what AWD is for? I'd love to get a wet-run in.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I voted that I dont think I can make it :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Ah, what? I thought you'd be the first to arrive! It's not like it's a long drive or anything.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

it is just around the block, maybe I'll stop by I dunno :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

If your car's in the midst of a tranny swap and doesn't run you could just walk.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

vrg3 wrote:I think August 21st would be best for me... since it'd give me more time to get my cars together. :)

BAC5.2 wrote:I don't know if the 21st is going to work for me. I'll be getting ready to go back to school then.
Uh oh, I really want you to both come. :? We'll have to figure something out.

vrg3 wrote:I would like to rent the track, but I'm antsy about committing... Would it be okay to put up a $30 deposit (assuming we have 10 people interested) and then, if for some reason I can't go, I just lose my deposit (essentially donating it to the rest who do go)?

Totally. That'd work fine. If we have more then ten cars though I'd still refund you. This conversation is a waste of time though because you're definitely going to come, right? :wink:

There's still 5 other racers and 4 nonracers that I'd like to hear from too. :P
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

The 21st, eh? Hmmm, I'll have to check my schedule come July and let you know. It's too soon to tell right now.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

June or August works for me. July there is a strong possibility that I'll be in France & Italy.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'll have to check my schedule again. The 21st might work. I'd just be worried about parts breakage that close to going back to school.

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Guys, I'm not insisting on the 21st. I was just answering Matt's question about which date would be best for me...
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

Just checked mapquest..
1000 miles and 16 hours of driving to get to Williamsport from here.

I'm affraid the canadian representation might have to be handled by someone else.
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

I might be able to come up when I take my friend back to Penn State for school. I'd love to be able to come and race but don't know if I'll be able to bring my baby.

Lee
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hmmm...well, August 21st is really starting to look like the best time guys. June is coming up really quick so it'd probably be hard to get everyone on board, July, well there's just not much interest in July....

I would really like to rent the track too, I just can't really take on the risk of fronting all the cash. :(
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I can probably put down cash now. It really just depends on my clutch, you know?

NemesisEJ22t
First Gear

Post by NemesisEJ22t »

Yeah, i think that Aug would be the best for me. There's a Toyota Meet in Findlay, OH on the 18 of June so i won't be driving from Ohio to Williamsport in a day. I will be back at Penn State by Aug 21 so that will make it the easiest trip for me assuming i don't get lost in williamsport like i do every time (seriously, i've been there 10+ times and i get lost a different way every time).
Ben
91 Celica All-Trac @ 0 psi (turbo being installed)

92 Celica Turbo FWD (swap) @ 12 psi HOLY CRAP!!! I miss AWD
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I can put the cash down now too.

I don't think you should front the cash yourself, Matt. Nor do I think you should have to.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

21st, hmm.... I think that might just time perfect for taking my friend back to school (Penn. State). Only problem is I doubt I'd be able bring my Legacy up :(. If I have my dad's Altima and pay if/when I get up there, can I still have a shot on the track? I've never actually raced on a track and would love the chance to. And BTW Matt, I agree with Vikash, you shouldn't have to front the cash yourself.

Lee
Lee

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I won't be able to post any cash due to my situation, but I'm going to really try to show up as I want to meet all you guys in person. I don't expect to race, but that's fine - it'll save me a little more money.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

skid542 wrote:21st, hmm.... I think that might just time perfect for taking my friend back to school (Penn. State). Only problem is I doubt I'd be able bring my Legacy up :(. If I have my dad's Altima and pay if/when I get up there, can I still have a shot on the track? I've never actually raced on a track and would love the chance to. And BTW Matt, I agree with Vikash, you shouldn't have to front the cash yourself.

Lee
Sure, you can race the Altima but it'd be a lot cooler if you could bring the Legacy. ;)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I might start a new thread for this since it's pretty much locked in that we're going to race. That way we can move on to track rental issues and stuff.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

I bring grave news ... I won't be able to make it :(. The plans for taking my friend back to school fell through. I wish I could make it up, I'd love to see some of your all's cars.

Lee
Lee