Who's going to the Dragon???

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Who's going to the Dragon???

Post by entirelyturbo »

Yeah it's only 2 weeks away now, but still time to make arrangements if you can. I've already taken off work for it, and just need to do a slight bit of work to the Legacy in preparation.

A WHOLE bunch of people from Nabisco are going, there's a stickied thread in the SE forum here...

I was gonna go with the XT folk, but it appears now my XT isn't gonna be ready in time :evil: So the Legacy gets to go. Probably better anyway, more powerful and comfortable, etc. etc.

petridish38, I know you're going, wanna meet up somewhere and go up to Jax to meet Austin from the XT6 group, and then caravan up from there?

Anyway, you all should come out if you can, gonna be a blast! :D
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I REALLY wish I could, but the car is in no condition right now to get down there.

I want to go some day though. I was actually considering going next spring break, but I don't know. I would like to know the cop schedule and such. If I can help it, I'd rather not get speeding and aggressive driving tickets, you know?

For those that don't know...

Behold the Dragon. 318 curves across 11 miles.

It's in North Carolina/Tennessee. Sucks for those on the west coast.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

It's a good time. I went w/ the first Subaru group a few years ago. Don't be an ass when you drive and watch out for other drivers and you'll be good.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I dont think I'll be able to make it :(
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

mTk - What's it like? What are the pavement conditions?

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Eastern bastards!!!1

We need some more runs like that out west. :(
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I do have halfway-decent driving skills, but I know better than to push them to their limits on a road I don't know.

mTk, how challenging would you say it is? It looks to be pretty tough, but it's only a map...

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I wish I could go. Maybe next year I can get there. It looks really fun.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

subyluvr2212 wrote:mTk, how challenging would you say it is? It looks to be pretty tough, but it's only a map...
It's the most technical roadway in North America, as www.tailofthedragon.com says. It's probably pretty hard.

Matt - Thinking East-Coast Legacy Meet 2005? Go down for a weekend in June or something?

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

BAC5.2 wrote: Matt - Thinking East-Coast Legacy Meet 2005? Go down for a weekend in June or something?
Oooh, maybe. That would be pretty kick ass. :twisted: That or maybe a Beaver Run road course weekend.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The Beaver would be even better. No fuzz to rain on the parade. I'm sure Brat4by4 would love to show us the ropes of how to pass porsche's on the back straights.

I REALLY want to hit a road course sometime. I can turn a wheel pretty well, I want to be able to push my, and my cars, limits in a relatively controlled environment. Every time I get saucy on the back roads, I have to worry about cars or deer.

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Yukonart wrote:Eastern bastards!!!1

We need some more runs like that out west. :(
come down to the foothills and you'll have fun :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

hehe that last trip was pretty fun, that's for sure. I'd love to have a nice track run some time. One complete with elevation climbs and decends, and lots of turns and all pavement. hehe

Of course, a nice off road track would be equally as nice.
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

"hard" That depends. If you try to go 25mph the whole way you will probably get killed, if stay in your lane, take it easy through the turns, you'll be alright. The road surface is nice, pretty smooth excet for large gouges were for some reason SEMIS decided that the could drive the road. Just dont' overdrive your car.

This is what happens when other drivers are asses :)

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

A guy on a local forum says his dad has been there a couple of times and it's like an on road version of an auto-x course. You never get out of 2nd gear. But he also says never go during an organized event because that makes it less fun (driving wise). And you continually have to worry about Semi trailers and motorcycle riders.

Closed course with polymer impregnated asphalt surface is muuuch better ;)
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

legacy92ej22t wrote:
BAC5.2 wrote: Matt - Thinking East-Coast Legacy Meet 2005? Go down for a weekend in June or something?
Oooh, maybe. That would be pretty kick ass. :twisted: That or maybe a Beaver Run road course weekend.
Matt, if you decide to go I might consider it as well. It depends on my schedule. I should have my suspension all sorted out with some additional "goodies" by then :D
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
petridish38
Second Gear

Re: Who's going to the Dragon???

Post by petridish38 »

subyluvr2212 wrote:petridish38, I know you're going, wanna meet up somewhere and go up to Jax to meet Austin from the XT6 group, and then caravan up from there?
I'm hoping to be rolling out of my driveway by 4:30 AM, no later than 5 AM.... Jax seems a little out of the way, but maybe...... If not, we can try to meet up when we get there..... I think I still have your cell #. I'm sure they will hit us up with mad roaming fees, but one minute or two won't be that bad.... I will be over in the campsite section (wherever that is).....

I'm looking forward to this trip..... If she decides to break down, I really hope it is BEFORE I leave (then we will take the g/f's 96) or AFTER I get back!!! For right now, she is running strong as ever...Let's hope it stays that way!

Andrew
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I wish I could go maybe next year. More turns than the Nurburgring. Should be fun - I don't drive like a maniac on the street, but I push a little. I bet it'd be a blast if I don't have nutcases always filling my rearview.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I'll be sure to post about it Monday when I get back!

Talk to ya then guys! :D

*Formerly DerFahrer*