Subaru's in Reutlingen? (germany)

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

Subaru's in Reutlingen? (germany)

Post by rally370 »

I will be in Germany in July (Reutlingen) any Subaru stuff going off here? Rallying?

Cheers

Chris
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

holy crap buy some stuff for me :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Oh, Oh, Oh I want parts!!! :)

LHD lights (Germany is LHD right?), and the side/rear skirt. Oh if you are going to be getting parts and bringing them over, look for any 92+ interior (black) piece that goes under the ashtray that isn't raised for an airbag computer. I want a dark one that looks like the 91's.

All that IF your bringing people parts back :)
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

There's not too many BC/BFs running around Germany. My wife grew up in Frankfurt and I've spent a decent amount of time over there. I don't recall seeing more than a handful of Legacy's in the time I've spent over there. I'm not even sure there's any pick-n-pulls over there. I may be going back for Octoberfest this year, and if so will be totally down to go scouring for parts :D. My wife's parents still live over there and are working civilian jobs for the U.S. military so shipping wouldn't be too bad either.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

From what I hear, in Germany auto recyclers are very highly regulated. There are no u-pull it yards. And used parts are extremely expensive. The government wants to get rid of all old cars due to pollution and whatnot, so they try to make getting old parts as hard as possible to the public. This is what I heard from a german co-worker who loves restoring old mg's/triumphs. He was in germany a few months ago.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Yup. There aren't many older cars on any European roads. I always wondered why, and what you said makes sense.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

For people's records, barring insignificant exceptions, the only people that drive on the wrong side are the British Isles, New Zealand, Australia, Japan. Think of any mainlanders as like us as the right-hand drivers are all islands (I know Australia's technically a continent, but follow me on this).

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Interesting note Steve. I hadn't really thought of it like that before. Damn Islanders. At least we got Hawaii :D

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

hahaha
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Steve - All of the rest of Asia is an insignificant exception?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Not to the people from there, but in regards to what we'd likely be dealing with in terms of parts. I didn't mean to imply those countries were insignificant in general. Especially Cambodia - I love those women!

What parts of mainland Asia are RHD? I thought China and India were like us. British rule of India is understood, but I still thought it was LHD.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

South Africa is Also RHD.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Well Ghana could be RHD too, but was does it matter? Is anyone going to try to get Subaru parts from there? Forget I said anything. I just have seen and heard the same question or statement here and elsewhere a million times about Europe being RHD and thought I'd try to clear it up not realizing it would become some kind of contest to name every backwards-driving place there is and who has the best knowledge of geography in regards to which side they drive on.

Steve
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hey... yeah, you're right about China, now that I think about it! My mistake.

However, in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand they drive on the left.

You definitely cleared things up some... Some of us do occasionally have chances to try and get parts from other places though (like I have a lot of family in India), so it helps to have more information, right?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, sorry. Guess I just in another ill mood. Forgot about Pakistan - a friend of mine from work was from there and he did tell me that. I thought it was strange, but apparently not enough to remember it. I guess it makes sense that India would be RHD with British rule and it would explain why they sell some crappy (according to reviews I've read) Indian cars in Britain.

Steve
LegacySport4L
First Gear

Post by LegacySport4L »

vrg3 are you sure that Hong Kong is LHD?
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I believe Hong Kong is RHD, meaning they drive on the left of the road and the driver is on the right side of the car.

Maybe that's not even true anymore though -- it's possible that when Hong Kong became part of China a couple years ago they turned it LHD.

Yeah, I'm not sure.