The 1st Annual Subaru Feed and Speed!

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah, it was a great time. It was good finally meeting people and being able to talk rather than condense my thoughts into small pieces of great wisdom. And just like these threads, our conversations frequently changed topic. Matt's car is still leaving a grin on my face. Now if I could just find a job that pays in actual money (instead of only slightly better than Beaver Bucks) I'll be able to give back a lot to the economy.

I hope I can make the shootout, but we'll see. When I checked the car this morning I was down a little on coolant so I'm thinking maybe I did something wrong installing a HG in a hurry. Grrrr. Other than that it never missed a beat even travelling 80-100 for hours. Oh, well, I'll have to pull the engine for an upgraded clutch, turbo x-member, etc. anyway. I didn't get home until 4 AM (uh, missed an exit ... twice).

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I got home today. I stopped at my house to hit the Junkyard and grab a new throttle body and a diamond coil pack ($5 bucks, woo!). Didn't fix anything, but it's good that I got it fixed.

Anyway, the meet was super sweet. Got a good bit done, and Matt's car... oh my jebus. With Scott, Vikash and I in the car, the whole car was filled with manicial laughter and school-girl giggling.

It was awesome to finally put names with faces and hear some stories. I'm still kinda freaked out about Matt's gargoyle story.

It was nice to finally meet Scott, and Steve, in person. Kinda sad that the biggest Legacy meet in BBS history also resulted in the slowest weekend in BBS history.

I wanna say thanks to Matt for giving me a place to crash for the night. That was much appreciated. Your couch is damned comfortable. It was great to finally meet your family, you've said so much about them.

Thanks to Scott and Vikash for all of your help this weekend. I'm STOKED that we got my FCD done and got some ideas brewing about my engine problems. Plus my brakes, how wild was that caliper? Took FAR to long. Oh, and my test-pipe. That was key too. Much better sounding, and my car smells like shit now :).

And Steve, it was nice to finally meet the man behind the words. Your wagon is surprisingly awesome. I wasn't expecting it to be as clean as it was. It looks like you actually vacuumed it and such. I have never known another Legacy owner to do that. And you had the KEY BFH to fix my brakes.

Scott, gotta thank you for helping me out with the computer stuff. Between the three of us, we had the parts to make the scan tool work.

Even though we couldn't run, it was a blast. I had a great time, and I look forward to seeing everyone again at the Shootout.

I got home at 1am, went 70 to 80 the whole time. I was wicked cop scared :(.

Uploading the pictures right now...
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

BAC5.2 wrote:Kinda sad that the biggest Legacy meet in BBS history also resulted in the slowest weekend in BBS history.
actually you guys tie with us, we had 5 people as well at mt-hamilton in july :D (though actually it was more like 7-8, but 5 legacys) But what that means about it being slow is you guys are key members :)

also didnt laurel throw a party during christmas?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Of our 9 cars for the meet, we had a total of close to.... 2000hp.

Brent had the lightest car, The STi was the heaviest. I weighed in at 3230 (10lbs lighter than the WRX, and I had EVERYTHING, including my sub box and interior and shit in the back seats). Brent hit 27xx I think, or 28xx. Mostly the carbon fiber hood I rekon. Matt was 10 pounds lighter than curb weight. The STi was 3390.

That's about it. See my pics thread in the picture gallery.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Thanks to everyone that showed up, ( especially you Steve, that was a hell of a drive just to hang out for 5-6 hours) we had a very good time despite the conditions.

It was great to meet Steve finally and the few NASIOC guys that showed up too. Jeff and Jon from MSR came, which was way cool, and continued to show their support for the BC/BF community. Thanks guys.

Shop night was fun, about ten of us sat around and wrenched on the cars, ate some BBQ and told tall tales. :) Is was great even though it was raining about a half inch an hour! :shock:

Breakfast was very good and the folks at Perkins did a very good job so I think we'll eat there again next year too.

Like Vikash said, Beaver Bob pulled the plug on us even though he originally told us he'd wait as long as it took. Then after waiting in the rain for 3 hours the weather cleared only to have B.B. pull the plug. :( Needless to say we were bummed.

Jeff and Jon held the raffle for the CES up-pipe and Vikash proclaimed victory before the ticket was even pulled out so I'm thinkin' it was fixed. ;) Hehe. Really though, Vikash about jumped out of his skin when he won, the grin alone was priceless. :D

We then had a very tastey lunch at a Ruby Tuesdays and again we were treated very well.

The Photo shoot was next and it was fun lining all the cars up and 'posing' for the cameras. Subarina loves the camera and was trying to look as sexy as possible. :)

Back at my place the bbs crew got to hang out and tell stories, it was a good time. I just wish everyone was closer and we could hang out more often.

Next year the Feed and Speed will be held in late spring early summer, so everyone that can should try to make the trip.

Thanks again everyone for a great time!
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I'm happy that I got to meet Steve, Vikash, and Phil as well as everyone else that showed up. I really liked everyone's cars and I definitely enjoyed the shop night at Matt's house. Checking out Vikash's scan tool on my laptop and working with V on Phil's and Matt's cars was pretty darn cool too :) . I consider you all friends of mine and I'm glad I got to be a part and to contibute something useful and helpful. By the way Phil, did I mention that I love your car :) . It's too bad that someone doesn't own a full garage. It would be pretty neat to have our own tune and test day. I was pretty bummed about Saturday and waiting three hours in the rain but all in all it was a good time. It was cool to see the enthusiasm among the people at the meet.

Some of the stories Steve and Matt had to tell after the meet were very interesting and I'm glad I got to hang out and hear some more details of stories that were mentioned here on the BBS. The story about the Pizza Hut by the pyramids and the gargoyle story were funny and bizarre. On both days there were some real funny moments and everyone got to share in some laughs and thrills. Matt's car is obscenely fast and it was funny to see people after coming back from a test drive with him. It reminded me of the night we broke the turbo in, everyone had a permanent grin when they got out of the car :lol: .It was definitely cool to meet people from the BBS and I hope I get to see you all again. Good luck with all your cars. Sorry if I've left anything out.

I'm also glad to hear that everyone made it home safely.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Well, it looks like I killed another thread.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hm?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I was just commenting that my post was the last one in the thread. It's not a big deal at all it's just odd that I always have the last word. :) and this isn't the only bbs where that is true. :)
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hehe. I was debating whether to post this reply or not. :P
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

That sounds like a wicked time

I only wish you all were slightly closer.

Maybe a huge road trip/camping weekend will be in order for my next year.
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

That sounds good to me. I'd love to go camping. I'll bet Nebraska has some good spots for it too.

Someone else replied!
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That was a wicked time.

Check out the Photo Gallery for the pictures. I gotta say that the 5 of us have some good looking cars. Like Subarina, Lauren loves the camera. She looks better in pictures than she does in person sometimes.

Scott - Why do you love my car?

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

BAC5.2 wrote:Scott - Why do you love my car?
What do you mean, Phil, your car is awesome :), surely you must know that by now :) . Your car is the year and color I initially wanted years ago when I bought my NA. True, I've always been partial to silver or gray even black but your car is just plain nice. There was a moment on Saturday when you were pulling into Matt's carport and I was seated on the ground and I got a good look at the front end and that was the moment it actually took hold. I don't know why but I just like the way the front end looks and the general stance of your car the best out of all the ones that were present. That's not to diss any of the other cars. I actually liked all of them. I just wish I had a car more like your own than the POS I do have.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Hehehe, awesome! I got lucky with my car. I thought it was some hideous green when I was looking at it. I like to think she's a well rounded lady.

The 91 isn't a POS, it's a turbo! You've just gotta find the beauty.