The 1st Annual Subaru Feed and Speed!

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The 1st Annual Subaru Feed and Speed!

Post by legacy92ej22t »

*****************1st Annual Subaru Feed and Speed********************

It is going to be on Saturday August 21st at Beaver Springs Dragway. We're going to meet for breakfast in Selinsgrove PA and then head over to Beaver Springs Dragway for some 1/4 mile fun. The cost will be $30 to race but spectators are free. Race time is 10:00 am- 4:00 pm.

Track address, for those that aren't coming to the breakfast or are late and need to Mapquest, is as follows:

Beaver Springs Dragway
RD 1 Box 34
Beaver Springs, PA 17812

*********************UPDATED BREAKFAST INFORMATION***************

Breakfast is going to be on Saturday August 21st from 8:00-9:30 am at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery in Selinsgrove PA. They do not take reservations so that is why we have an hour and half to give everyone a chance to show up and eat before we head over to BSD and start having fun! The address, for those of you that need to Mapquest to get directions, is as follows:

327 S. US Highway 11 and 15
Selinsgrove, PA 17870

************************HOTEL INFORMATION***********************

Selinsgrove Area:
Comfort Inn -- 570-374-8880
Days Inn -- 570-743-1111
Golden Arrow -- 570-743-1611
Phillips -- 570-743-3100

We're hoping to have a couple different brackets depending apon how many come to race and the types of Subaru's they're driving. It's all in fun and I want to keep it light but I want it to be fair and close too. So if enough cars show up it will be something like this.

Old Gen. Subarus:

F/I (turbo) class. This will include DL-T's, GL-T's, XT-T, ect..

N/A class. This will include all O.G. carbureted and fuel injected engines.

New Gen. Subarus:

2.2 N/A. This will include all Legacy and Impreza models with the EJ22

2.5 N/A. This will include all Legacy, Impreza and Forester models with the EJ25

2.0 F/I. This will include the USDM WRX and EJ20T conversions and any JDM 2.0 F/I engine. Any Impreza RS-T 2.5 F/I conversions will be in this class as well.

2.2 F/I. This will include the 91-94 Legacy turbo and any other model running an EJ22T as well as any EJ22 F/I conversions.

2.5 F/I This will include the Forester XT, the Baja XT, the new Legacy 2.5GT and any non-STI EJ257 conversions.

F/I unlimited. This will include the USDM STI and any heavily modded
(280+ CHP) EJ20T, EJ22T or EJ257.

This is best case scenario if a lot of people show. Most likely it will end up being a F/I class and a N/A class. So far I think we have 1 EJ18T car, 4 EJ20T cars, 8 EJ22T cars, 1 EJ257 FXT, 3 STI EJ257 cars , 3 EJ22 cars and 3 EJ25 cars.

We will have a couple of non-Subaru's present as well. My friend is bringing his Evo 8, Roman's bringing his V8 SHO and Boostjunkie, who recently crashed (he was forced of the road by another driver) his 300 chp '91 Legacy SS, gets to bring his Celica GT-S.

It also looks like we may be getting at least one vendor setting up a booth too. Motor Sport Resources Inc. ( www.msr-usa.com ) is probably going to have a booth and a raffle for some CES Racing goodies like a CES upipe and crosspipe!

Here is some safety info from the BSD website. This only applies to those that are going to race and I'm not sure how strictly they inforce some of these rules, like the drive shaft strap. I've ran there before and don't remember them checking for 'em. You definitely will need to wear pants, shoes, socks, t-shirt to the middle of arm no matter how fast you are, and have a Snell 95 helmet if you're faster then 13.99.

All cars and bikes must meet IHRA safety standards.
Here is a short list of minimums.
All cars must have a radiator catch can, all wheel lugs, battery
hold down, seat belts. In short, no unsafe cars.
If your car runs 13.99 or faster (100 MPH) you must also have a
drive shaft loop.
If you run aftermarket wheels and run 11.99 and faster, you
need long wheel studs. ($15 at speed shops)
If you run 11.49 and faster (115 MPH) you must have a roll bar.
> As a driver you must have long pants, real shoes and socks,
t-shirt to the middle of the arm.
At 13.99 seconds you are required to wear a Snell 95
approved helmet.
At 11.49 seconds you are required to have a SFI Jacket.

I'm hoping this grows into a nice sized event so come out and have a great time.
Last edited by legacy92ej22t on Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I just talked to Beaver Bob and he said in terms of the safety requirements that these are the ones to really make sure you are prepared for.

> As a driver you must have long pants, real shoes and socks, t-shirt to the middle of the arm.
At 13.99 seconds you are required to wear a Snell 95 approved helmet.

:)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Well, I won't have to worry about a helmet then. I may not be racing, Matt, because my axle is getting pretty bad right now and I need to have it repaired. The wheel is bald in spots now too. Chances are I'll get it fixed soon but I'm tight for cash right now so I may be driving the L around for a while.

Did you come up with the name? That's a good one!
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

no categorization for svx's :\
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I think I'll actually be there! I have a job now (f'n A) so I'll see if I can make it. Just spectating, though, as a 8.0 compression turbo engine running as an N/A will be so slow it'll reduce the number of races they could run in a day by 5.

STI sucks! (for those who remember that ricer kid who was supposedly running an N/A'd turbo?)

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

creel wrote:Well, I won't have to worry about a helmet then. I may not be racing, Matt, because my axle is getting pretty bad right now and I need to have it repaired. The wheel is bald in spots now too. Chances are I'll get it fixed soon but I'm tight for cash right now so I may be driving the L around for a while.
:cry: We need you Scotty!
Rob Snyder wrote: You can do it!
Did you come up with the name? That's a good one!
Hehe, ya, you like it huh? :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

THAWA wrote:no categorization for svx's :\
Ooops, your right. I gave no love to the H6's. :oops: I'll fix it even though I doubt any will come.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

oh and ez30's :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

evolutionmovement wrote:I think I'll actually be there! I have a job now (f'n A) so I'll see if I can make it. Just spectating, though, as a 8.0 compression turbo engine running as an N/A will be so slow it'll reduce the number of races they could run in a day by 5.
Sweet!!! I look forward to meeting you Steve. I'll take you for a run or two. ;)
STI sucks! (for those who remember that ricer kid who was supposedly running an N/A'd turbo?)

Steve
I remember. You're living the dream! :lol:
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

8)

I'd love to go for a ride in a turbo that runs.

I was thinking about NO2 for it maybe as a temporary thing, but I don't think I'll bother and just concentrate on changing it back to turbo.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I'll invite the local Subaru club. Lots of WRX's and STi's. Lots of Evo's somehow, too.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Brat4by4 wrote:I'll invite the local Subaru club. Lots of WRX's and STi's. Lots of Evo's somehow, too.
Sweet, the more the merrier! :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I don't know that my helmet is SNELL 95 certified. It meets all bike saftey standards.

I'll bring it just in case.

Matt - I'll be up on Friday night, since I don't want to get up at 3am and drive the 4 hours to your place to get some food and drive for a whole day, lol.

I hope I can pull some decent times. It'll be good to meet some other BBS members!
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Bicycle and motorcycle helmets are different from car helmets, I think... the big deal is that car helmets have to handle multiple impacts in succession without yielding.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

BAC5.2 wrote:I don't know that my helmet is SNELL 95 certified. It meets all bike saftey standards.

I'll bring it just in case.
Ya, definitely bring it.
Matt - I'll be up on Friday night, since I don't want to get up at 3am and drive the 4 hours to your place to get some food and drive for a whole day, lol.
Huh? I always thought you were coming Friday. Leave at 3am to go to my house, eat, then drive all day? Soory, I'm confused, are you talking about Saturday?
I hope I can pull some decent times. It'll be good to meet some other BBS members!
Ya, this is going to be great! I can't wait. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

vrg3 wrote:Bicycle and motorcycle helmets are different from car helmets, I think... the big deal is that car helmets have to handle multiple impacts in succession without yielding.
Exactly.

I'll still bring it. It's a full carbon fiber shelled deal, wicked nice helmet. I wish it was SNELL 95 legal, but it might be or it might not be, lol.

Matt - Yea, I'm definately coming on Friday. Roman thought we were leaving Saturday morning. Screw that, lol. I'm pretty stoked about the meet.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Not to be redundant but will there be any grillin and chillin or just slammin and bangin.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I assume you're talking about the pre-party at my place Friday night? If so, will it effect wheather or not you come? :P

Hehe, seriously though, I have a grill and I like to chill. So I'm sure we'll be doing both.

Vikash thought it would be cool to do some wrenchin', like maybe my rear LSD, your axle if you have the turbo and who ever else has problems. And electrical work, like fix my O2 sensor, Phil's FCD and whoever else may have troubles and I think it's a great idea. That way we can all try to get our cars top notch for the meet. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Oh, and I added a lot of new info to the first post, including breakfast information, so please read it carefully. :)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

And you can all check out what the raw power of an 8.0 N/A can do! And the Mickey Mouse set up to get it to work.

Steve
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I'm eager to see it, Steve.

I wonder if you could set up a propane injection rig with that motor... ;)

I hope the weather is good.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
NemesisEJ22t
First Gear

Post by NemesisEJ22t »

Matt, what time would you like people to be at your house? Should we bring anything? I'd love to stop up and see some of you guys, as well as look at a few other turbos before the meet. Let me know, i'd be more than willing to bring some food and wrenches over.
Ben
91 Celica All-Trac @ 0 psi (turbo being installed)

92 Celica Turbo FWD (swap) @ 12 psi HOLY CRAP!!! I miss AWD
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

evolutionmovement wrote:And you can all check out what the raw power of an 8.0 N/A can do! And the Mickey Mouse set up to get it to work.

Steve
:shock: Wow Steve, you have a 8.0 L N/A?! I can't wait to see that. Is it a an EJ20 over each axle? :wink:

J/K, hehe. I know you mean 8:1. You have to run so that we know what that beast does in the 1/4! :P
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

NemesisEJ22t wrote:Matt, what time would you like people to be at your house? Should we bring anything? I'd love to stop up and see some of you guys, as well as look at a few other turbos before the meet. Let me know, i'd be more than willing to bring some food and wrenches over.
Cool Ben! :D Most likely sometime in the afternoon. I'm not sure if I have to work that day or not yet. If I don't, then people can show up pretty early so we can start tearing into stuff. I'll know for sure pretty soon.

In terms of food, it's gonna be BYOFAD. That or we can have everyone coordinate and just bring one item but enough for everyone. Everyones input would be good.

Are you planning on staying or are you going home then meeting us in the morning?

To everyone that's planning on coming: I need a new roll call as to who's coming to the Feed and Speed, who's coming to the party and who's expecting to camp out at my place so that I can start planning around it. Thanks. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I'm coming and plan to camp out.