West Coast Legacy Central Meet

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

West Coast Legacy Central Meet

Post by THAWA »

So after much thinking I'd really like to get this going once again but I need help from other people for ideas on this.

As it's looking the best place for this is probably somewhere in oregon. I've spoken with Kelley at he said he's willing to host part of this for us (Thanks very much!). I was thinking maybe we could do a dyno day, tuine, or something. A BBQ there would be great too but that's entirely up to him. We could also play some pool, or go bowling, or go karting, something.

Now personally I don't want to drive all that way just for one day. Then again I don't want to stay up there for a week either. I'm thinking if we could do a three day meet that would be great. One day for people to get there, one day to do whatever the hell, and a last day to screw around and leave.

That said, what could we do about sleeping arrangements? A motel or something might be a lil expensive for some people. What about a campground type dealie like WCSS? If that sounds like an alright thing where would you guys like to camp out?

And finally when would all this take place? Memorial day weekend (May 28-30) sounds like a good time to me, leave friday night or something, do whatever we do on saturday, and head up to leave on sunday. Or leave saturday, play around on sunday and leave monday.

What does everyone think of all this? Who all is even interested in this? Any suggestions would be great. If you think any of this is stupid just say so. Want a different day? Different ideas? Please any feedback!

EDIT: BBQ is a go. I don't mind bringing some food but I would greatly appreciate it if I didn't have to bring all the food :). If anyone wants to volunteer to bring stuff please be my guest. Hotdogs and hamburgers sound good for everyone?

EDIT 2: It sounds like we're camping so please vote on a campground: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=20296 :)

EDIT3: Dyno pricing is $95 for AWD with three pulls, and $75 for 2WD with three pulls. Tuning is $125/hr.
Last edited by THAWA on Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Im deffinatelly interested in contributing to a big LegCentral meet.
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

i'd be there, as long as i have no school. why not do it right after or before WCSS7? (its july 15th-17th) or if you want to do it earlier we could do it during spring break.
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
KGB4187
First Gear

Post by KGB4187 »

I'm interested too =D
1991 Subaru Legacy LS wagon- RIP
1994 Subaru Legacy Turbo Wagon
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

If we get around 10+ people, I know of a hotel in Hillsboro that might offer a group rate. Either way I am in, barring any emergency.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Hmm, I didn't realize WCSS7 was so early this year. I kinda didn't want to do it so close to WCSS7 because that's a lot of driving in a short amount of time for some people. When is spring break?

What is this hotel? What is their normal rate? What does everyone thinkg of a hotel? Perfection Motorsports is in Hillsboro also so that'd be pretty close :).

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

If this is gonna take place in July I might be able to go if its in WA or OR. hopefully WA??? :)
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Since I used to work for West Coast Hotels, it would be their hotel in Hillsboro. As for rates, it all depends on when and how many.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Hmm, their standard rate is like 60-75 a night. Or so their site says. What does everyone think of this?

Where are all the people that said before they'd be in for this? Maybe it's time for some mass pm'ing :)

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

There will be a BBQ! :D

dwreck30
Second Gear

Post by dwreck30 »

I'd be in, but as of right now I have plans for memorial day weekend. Camping sounds good though, since it's alot cheaper.
- Derek
'06 STi
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Geez, Hardy . . . let some of us who're hardly on the boards weekends to see this thread. :lol:

I'm pretty damn sure Laurel and I will be there, regardless. ;)
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Sorry, I have no life.

So far it looks like 8-9 people. Not bad. Please anyone have anymore comments? :)

Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Ohhh. . . I KNOW we'll be able to get some other people from our neck of the woods to join us.
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

I might be on another trip, and my car won't be insured, but i sure would be interested.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Theres an indoor go cart track in Beverton. http://www.sykart.com/
I know of some sweet camping spots about 30mins out of Hillsboro, in the Tilamook national forrest, its free. A drive out to the coast is always fun with a group. You can drive on the beach in Pacific City.

[/url]
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I'm definitely in. Camping would be cool too, but I'm down for almost anything.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Camping in may can be kind of iffy, perhaps towards june when people are out of school would be a better time. If may is best for everyone, then I could swing that as well, no problem. Hotels can also be expensive though, and they leave very little in the way of screwing around and cooking. Perhaps we could camp at a state park, on the beach or something, or by some kind of water. I'll do some research tomorrow and see what I can find. I'm definitely in though. :)
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

This cheapass hippie likes camping.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

i have no problem with camping or anything, we just have to make sure there is enough places to park all of our cars.
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Awesome. If we camp I wouldn't be opposed to staying another day. Like get there friday night, stay saturday, sun, leave monday. What do you all think of that? What's up with camping in May? I'd definately be down for some beach drivin. And Sykart sounds good aswell.

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

May is still really iffy in the northwest. How does mid-june sound? It seems to me that whatever week Jake gets off school would be a good weekend to go, the weather should be more reliable by then, it'll still be a month off from wcss7, and camping would be more do-able. I would much prefer to camp. In most washington state parks, it's around $15/night/site to camp, they have showers, and room for 2 cars, that means we could share spots as well. I'm doing some research right now as far as state parks in central oregon around 1-5 or other interstates so we could actually get to them. :)
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

You mean like it rains/snows or whatever? I'm not set on any dates. Whatever works best for everyone.

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

well, may can be VERY iffy, it's likely to be rainy or cloudy, or cold. Personally, I don't enjoy camping when it's chilly out. I'd love to do it may, but realistically, even in central oregon, it's likely to have inclimate weather.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
dwreck30
Second Gear

Post by dwreck30 »

I'm with Laurel on this one, mid-june fits my schedule better and the weather will probably be more cooperative. The weekend of June 11th???
- Derek
'06 STi