Feed and Speed BBQ June 17th. What do you want to do?

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

Backyard BBQ or Mongolian BBQ?

Backyard BBQ
27%
Mongolian BBQ
73%

Total votes: 11

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

PM'd you. :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

oooh guess what Sam made?

hint: if we go for a ride anywhere tonight or just with the driving around tomorrow it'll be nice for those who couldn't attend

What is it?
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Dash mounted video camera?!
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

close enough, headrest mounted video camera! 8)

heh stolen from NASIOC
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

I've been pulling bolts on our Gravely lawn tractor that are easily as old as my Subaru and man I am so baked on Liquid Wrench right now.

When is everyone arriving at your place?
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Haha, sweet. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

so I guess we're all trickling in whenever?
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

BBQ has began! Scott, Phil, Vikash, Sam and I so far. :D
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

oh sooo good

I have video evidence about something awesome and Phil will of course have to post about it since it is him (and Matt's neighbor's) triumph!

I think us East Coasters pwned everyone else.
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Let me just say that 2am installs rock!! (ok, not really... but I felt bad for Phil using pre-historic tools). "Monster Ghetto Garage" is open for business!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

edited because I can't reed good and Jason still has the coolest garage ever

dremels still are really useful, air grinders and cut of wheels and nifty stuff like that just outclass everything, except lasers, lasers are cool
Last edited by corsair on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I was refering to him being stuck with only a Dremel tool & a mini cut-off wheel. That's all. 8) I couldn't stand by and watch him try & trim down a part while a flash light illuminates the item being cut.
It's kinda like cutting down a tree with a steak knife in the dark & a Maglite to see what you are doing.

I do mean it all in the nicest way possible. I was glad I could be off assistance to Phil & his cause. And yes, I finally got the chance to prove to the wife that all the tools I own serve some purpose. They may not be used often like a screw driver or a wrench, but specialty tools are useful!!

*Any & all air tools rock!*
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Well, we had a great time at the BBQ. Everyone seemed to like the Mongolian BBQ.

We accomplished quite a bit during the shop night portion too. I replaced both my front fenders, installed my CES cross-pipe finally, fixed my boost gauge the right way and installed a ten channel Saab TMIC (thanks Phil!).

Phil replaced his knock sensor and got his WRX TMIC installed (thanks for the help and for letting use your tools and garage Jason).

Vikash bled his clutch fluid and replaced his tranny mount.

We also had to fix Jareds coolant tank after he broke a nipple at the track. I let him have my all thread fix and so far it looks to be holding up for him too.

All in all, we got a lot done and had a great time.

Hopefully next year is even better!
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That was awesome. Thanks Jason for the help! You had every tool we needed and then some! It was a tight fit, but we shoehorned that WRX TMIC in there.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I was just glad I got to finally use some of my "specialty" tools I've had just chillin' in my monster tool box! Any time Phil said "I think we'll need a ______ to get this to work.", I turned around & grabbed that exact tool. As for the garage itself, it's not the greatest, but it keeps me dry when I need to work on something.

For those who didn't get to see it, I thought Sam & Phil were going to pass out when they saw my Snap-On tool chest. l'll take a picture of it tonight. :twisted:
$7,200 new price 10 years ago. $1,100 used price from my local dealer a few years ago who took it on a trade & wanted to unload it cheap (money very well spent in my case!).

All I can say is it was a blast to meet everyone & be welcomed in without hesitation on anyone's part. Everyone was great & no one was a jerk or anything like that. I had an excellent time. Any time any of you guys are passing through the area, don't hesitate to swing by and visit!! The door is always open (house & garage).
Jason