3rd Annual Feed and Speed, *CANCELLED*

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

Should we change it up this year?

Keep with tradition, run at BSD!
25%
Change it up, I like corners!
75%

Total votes: 8

0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

mine too :(
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Poll is pooping on BSD right now

I'm serious though, if we go to BSD we can try every ridiculous engine mod on my car and see what happens, then we can uh steal something to replace my poor tattered EJ22, or something, or use the engine from Scott's car (may it rest in peace) I'd pay good money for that
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Bump.

Track day would be awesome. We need to get off our butts if we are serious about it and find out planning stuff and stuff.
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

I'm with Sam on this one. I think a track day would be cool since more people could participate as well as anyone who does would be able to benefit from the training. Plus its not everyday that you see a mid 90's family sedan whooping on some middle aged doctor in a porsche thru the corners. :twisted:

But I think Matt might be a little occupied with other more important things, like the birth of his child, than organizing a meet. Anyone want to organize if Matt says he can't?
[quote="Manarius "]Only flamers will get those. [/quote]
[quote="All_talk "]How many WHP will that give me? :)[/quote]

2010 Subaru Impreza 5mt 5 door
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I am super busy but I will be orginizing the F&S. I'm kinda waiting to see if the shootout is cancelled or what. There is nothing on the BSD web site about it yet so I think it might be cancelled. If it is, the F&S will be at BSD again and most likely later in the summer as that would be easier for me.

There also isn't anywhere even close to me that we could have a "track day" at, so that meet wouldn't be able to be centered around my house or anything. There's an Auto X pretty close but track, not really, except Watkins Glenn and that would be insanely expensive.

There's Beavers....Glenn??? or whatever out by Jarred, Will and Vikash. Maybe you guys could host a track meet out there?
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Oh yeah, and baby Barnes is due in two weeks! :shock:
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

Sweet! I hope all goes well with Barnes.
THere is nelson's ledges not that far from us. There's also Beaverun, but i'm not sure of when their track days are, they are few and far between.

BSD later in the summer is cool also tho. I have no problem with that, I was just thinking about what different things we could do.

Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

snowboarded wrote:There's also Beaverun, but i'm not sure of when their track days are, they are few and far between.
According to who? http://www.beaverun.com/calendar.asp They are averaging more than one open lap day per month. I'll be there May 12th.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Plus they sell tee-shirts that say "You're not a man until you've lapped the Beaver"
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

More open schedule this year then last year I guess.

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

The AutoX is at an airport!

Matt - Name the kid Phil ;)
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
snowboarded
Third Gear

Post by snowboarded »

It looks like there aren't anymore Flat Out Events on saturday, last one was April 1st. The only ones left are either on Fridays or Mondays which would make it harder since people would have to take off to make it to a beaverun meet.

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Later the better for me, too. I'm closing on the house the 28th (finally) and probably won't get a chance to drop the stock turbo motor in the wagon right away. I'd love to see what a fwd turbo wagon would do at the drags. Plus I'd like to pick up Matt's transmission ... and give it to Phil.

My sister's having a kid in a month. They'll be living upstairs from me in the new house. I get the downstairs and the garage.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Steve - Pics of the house!!!

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

When I get them. I wish I could get pics of the ideas I have for it in my head. I think the pocket wall will have to be shafted for financial reasons and that it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to just knock the wall down (if possible) to open it up.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

ok so I've been noting down all the fun roads in my area, all the ones without houses and cops and stuff for cruises if they happen

also I'm making sure it's easy to get on a major road from them and making sure we can have maps and stuff

any new ideas? Matt if you need any help coordinating things in the area, espeically with teh baby Barnes coming, I'd gladly step in

this summer is like the first where I have the entire thing open before I go off to school in early September so it'd be sweet to get some neat stuff in
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I'm just kind of waiting to see wheather or not the Shootout is a go or not. That's going to effect my decision as to what all is planned.

There will definitely be back road cruising planned. I have a very good network of intersecting roads around my place too. Gravel to tarmac, hillclimbs to downhills. :twisted:
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Heh, I might have to skip the gravel this time. Wide and stickys + fragile front mount = danger danger.

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Phil-Nah, you'll just have to go first! "twisted"

I just got an e-mail from Tayne at W&L and I guess they're still planning on doing the Shootout and it's going to be BIG, Easy Street, Mach V, Turbo XS ect... AndrewTech?!! ;)

Anyways, he said he would keep me posted and probably have more info for me some time after June 2nd because nothing is definite yet (date ect..) but they're really trying to get it pulled together.

Once I know what is going on with the Shootout I'll start trying to plan the F&S!
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

This year I definitely won't be around. I'll be in Cali or Colorado.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Have fun watching the kids....
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'll see if Andrew will come up. I know I'll be there at least, to help rep the company. I might be all stickered up for it too!

I hope W&L picks up our drag fee again!

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

legacy92ej22t wrote:Have fun watching the kids....
Aw come on man. You know I gots to go. How can I pass up the chance to see things I've never seen like the rockies, etc.? The only thing that will prevent it is money.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

If it's in late summer it turns out that I will be around. Hopefully, I'll have pulled the ej22t by then.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Tleg93 wrote:
legacy92ej22t wrote:Have fun watching the kids....
Aw come on man. You know I gots to go. How can I pass up the chance to see things I've never seen like the rockies, etc.? The only thing that will prevent it is money.

I know, it's more like baby sitter and marraige councelor extradanare! (sp?) :lol:
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]