East Coast Subaru Shootout '06!

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

East Coast Subaru Shootout '06!

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hosted by W&L Subaru.

http://www.wandlsubaru.com/en_US/

It's going to be held Sept 16th and 17th with racing on the 17th at Numidia Dragway.

This is the track.

http://www.numidiadragway.net/

Easy Street as well as ICY Racing/Phoenix Performance Team are already on tap to be there and Garrick Goh, the Project Manager for Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) is going to be there too!

I'm sure more people will be signing on too (Andrewtech cough, cough) so this year should be BIG!

They are also talking about raffling off an '06 WRX sedan!!!!!!!!!!

I will be letting people stay at my place again and will be having a shop night ect.. before race day. We usually meet up (locals) @ my place and all head to the preparty and race in group and stuff too.

If you're going to go and/or need a place to crash, LMK. Phil already reserved the green monster though!

If you are interested in going please also contact Tayne from W&L. they are trying to get a tentative head count for vendors and stuff. E-mail him @ tayne@ptd.net . Let him know you're interested.

This is still a ways out and is a really fun event so start planning now!

Some of you have gone in years past and can attest to how fun this meet is, so come or DIE!!!!

:D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Subscribe

I probably won't be able to make it depending on when I leave, but I'd like to if I can make it work.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

no dice this year, I'll be in Schenectady NY, my car will be here though... that's college
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Of course I'll be there.

I have the Green Monster reserved for the next 12 events at Matt's house.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You're reserving the back wall of Fenway Park? I'll be there fwd turbo. Doubt I'll have time to do much else to the car since I'm redoing my kitchen and building furniture throughout.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Hehe, Steve if you come inside this time, you'll see why I can't go without sleeping on the Green Monster. Best couch ever!

I should have my new tranny by then, if I take my car.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

In all honesty, since most of the East-Coasters do this every year, I'm pondering making the trek up there next year with the upcoming vacation time and meeting all you guys in person.

Of course, that's 15 months away, anything can happen in that time. But I'd like to do it.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

That'd be awesome! :D

This years event is really looking like it's going to be huge.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

legacy92ej22t wrote: This years event is really looking like it's going to be huge.

gah! :(
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
bepa
Second Gear

Re: East Coast Subaru Shootout '06!

Post by bepa »

[quote="legacy92ej22t"]Hosted by W&L Subaru.

http://www.wandlsubaru.com/en_US/

It's going to be held Sept 16th and 17th with racing on the 17th at Numidia Dragway.

This is the track.

http://www.numidiadragway.net/

Easy Street as well as ICY Racing/Phoenix Performance Team are already on tap to be there and Garrick Goh, the Project Manager for Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) is going to be there too!

I'm sure more people will be signing on too (Andrewtech cough, cough) so this year should be BIG!

[size=24]They are also talking about raffling off an '06 WRX sedan!!!!!!!!!![/size]

I will be letting people stay at my place again and will be having a shop night ect.. before race day. We usually meet up (locals) @ my place and all head to the preparty and race in group and stuff too.

If you're going to go and/or need a place to crash, LMK. Phil already reserved the green monster though!

If you are interested in going please also contact Tayne from W&L. they are trying to get a tentative head count for vendors and stuff. E-mail him @ tayne@ptd.net . Let him know you're interested.

This is still a ways out and is a really fun event so start planning now!

Some of you have gone in years past and can attest to how fun this meet is, so come or DIE!!!!

:D[/quote]

timing again. I know this sounds like BS; BUT i HAVE TO TAKE GRAND DAUGHTER TO HAWAII! yes this does not sound all that bad but she needs to see her dad. going on emergency. court ordered. like if only my life had a court order like that! she must be in Hawaii by the 18th of sept. how did they know. besides my car is not 100% just yet. still to lay down a few base lines would have been fun. I will keep in touch for the next one.
91 SS/ 01 MB ML 55
Bronx, NY.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

OK, so this is this coming weekend....anybody coming?
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

my plane to england is saturday :wink:
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
EJ22_SLO
First Gear

Post by EJ22_SLO »

Welcome to Europe Sam :-D
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Anybody going to be there Sunday?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Hopefully, someone will post some pics and let us all know how it went.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I didn't know if anyone was going to be there and it's a long hike if they weren't and driving a Mazda, I wouldn't exactly fit in. I worked on the kitchen and some furniture instead.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I didnt get to go :(

I heard they double booked the track and there were alcohol rail cars running too.

One of our sponsored cars was there. Only ran an 11.80 though. Spun the fronts through first gear. Then he broke his center diff. While tuning, he blew an intercooler end tank off. 35psi will do that.

Note: Stock center diff not capable of 700+ awhp.