Possible Oregon Meet at the Coast?

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

redlineracer
First Gear

Possible Oregon Meet at the Coast?

Post by redlineracer »

I think we should have an Oregon Meet at the coast like Coos Bay. Its a nice place there and lots to see. And always a nice 65 degrees all day! If we can arrange something like this, do you Oregonians think that you'd show up? I would. I kinda wanna show off my Legacy for like the first time. :D
jnorion
Third Gear

Post by jnorion »

When?
~Joel
1991 Legacy LSi sedan | 1990 Legacy L wagon
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

I was kinda thinking October-ish, maybe? Kinda spread it out a little. And maybe when the track is still open we can have runs out at the local speedway at the Friday Night Drags there and hang the LegacyCentral.org banner out on the strip. Have a few of the Legacies do a few runs then like a meet and maybe a BBQ at the beach?

Coos Bay Speedway info: http://www.coosbayspeedway.us/
redlineracer
First Gear

Post by redlineracer »

I just emailed the speedway director and this is what I said:

Hello, I would like to see if there is a special rate for a group of maybe like 35-50 to race at the Coos Bay Speedway? I am from a Subaru forum online called LegacyCentral.org and we are setting up a meet maybe in like October, if you're still open, to meet the different Subaru Legacy owners across the nation. We would like to race a few of our Subaru's and also maybe see if we can maybe hang a banner on the infield wall or something. I think this will be one of our largest meets on the West Coast and I would like to respresent the Coos Bay community as one of the prestine communities on the coast. If you can give us this opportunity, we would greatly appreciate it and all the assistance you can provide us. Thank you.

What do you guys think? How many of you can show up if we can get the Speedway on a Friday night to race as many cars as we like? Show them the real power of the Subaru Legacy. Maybe I should post this up on other Legacy forums also. They also provide timeslips at no additional charge. The original entrance fees are $15 to race and $10 to sit. If we can get the group rate at $7-9 per person at this event, how many would come to this meet?