Can you help me find someone? Yeah its Legacy related :)

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Can you help me find someone? Yeah its Legacy related :)

Post by ciper »

I need your help. I need to find someone.

So the long story short a vendor/tuner that was popular a while back "forgot" about me. I gave them -

1. 91 Sport Sedan Auto with 110k miles. Slipping tranny but otherwise functional. 1000$ for the car and 800 to have it shipped from Texas to the shop
2. An almost complete set of FSMs for BC/BF. I had every FSM for 90 92 93 and 94 (only missing the 91 versions). Also the appropriate Chiltons and Haynes.
4. A portion of engine/ecu harness so that a plug and play cable could be made to swap crank/cam sensors and install aftermarket items leaving car harness intact.
5. A complete set of gaskets/seals/parts to refresh an engine. I even brought coolant and oil!

They were going to do a smog legal (slightly modified) swap into an NA legacy (my 90 wagon). I made the job easier by supplying almost everything that would be needed.

I would consider giving him another chance to replace the parts or do the work or pay me back or?

I cut him some slack in the beginning because he lost a family member. I've also been fighting cancer the last couple years so I had to focus on my health.

If the moderators decide this is an appropriate post I will provide more details. Thanks :!:
Last edited by ciper on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SemperGuard
Second Gear

Re: Can you help me find someone? Yeah its Legacy related :)

Post by SemperGuard »

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/profile.ph ... ile&u=2190

That's probably your best bet as to what's up, he's family. Lots of stuff changed with the whole shebang in the past few years, so who knows what can get done.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I would even consider paying him more to get the job done assuming he would sign something saying he promises to finish. Is that dumb? I dont know but I trust his skill and can understand that things happen. One way or another my wagon will be turbo'd but if I had to start all over again it would be hard. He has the experience and connections to find parts that I don't.

Besides this one side effect of two different rounds of chemo was memory loss. The neurologist said its 20% and I've forgotten alot so it would be a hell of alot of work to redesign the engine/turbo/intercooler/exhaust/electronics I want from scratch.

I would even consider helping him do the work. Ive taken enough Subaru engines apart to know a thing or two more than the average wrench head. I couldnt run my own shop but I know the two of us could get everything squared away.