Anyone from Cali going to WCSS?

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Anyone from Cali going to WCSS?

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

Taking off on Thursday morning from Sacramento, will be at the show by friday afternoon.

Anyone else plan on going up?
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Dickheads can't seem to figure out that it makes more sense to centrally locate the damn thing. Somewhere around Redding CA would have made infinitely more sense.
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

ciper wrote:Dickheads can't seem to figure out that it makes more sense to centrally locate the damn thing. Somewhere around Redding CA would have made infinitely more sense.
I'd go if that were the case.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I just verified with google maps. Redding is about 670 miles from the Mexico border and 700 miles from the Canadian border. Lastly its conveniently located on Interstate 5.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

ciper wrote:Dickheads can't seem to figure out that it makes more sense to centrally locate the damn thing. Somewhere around Redding CA would have made infinitely more sense.
The "dickheads" who plan this event, and have been doing so for the past 8 out of 10 years, all live in Washington. Yes it sucks, but its an excuse to take a road trip. I dont mind all that much.

If you were the lead organizer for an event this large, i doubt you would hold it in colorado, if you lived in the Bay Area... am i right?

So regardless of where its at, is anybody going??
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

TheSubaruJunkie wrote:If you were the lead organizer for an event this large, i doubt you would hold it in colorado, if you lived in the Bay Area... am i right?
They should call it "Oregon Subaru Show" since they didn't take into consideration the largest two populations of Subaru owners in the entire west coast when planning the location.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

ciper wrote:
TheSubaruJunkie wrote:If you were the lead organizer for an event this large, i doubt you would hold it in colorado, if you lived in the Bay Area... am i right?
They should call it "Oregon Subaru Show" since they didn't take into consideration the largest two populations of Subaru owners in the entire west coast when planning the location.
That would be Washington and Alaska (can you consider Alaska a part of the west coast?). Anyhow i dont think California is in the top 2.

Regardless, you should go anyhow. Its only a day to drive up and a day to drive back.
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

TheSubaruJunkie wrote:That would be Washington and Alaska (can you consider Alaska a part of the west coast?). Anyhow i dont think California is in the top 2.

Regardless, you should go anyhow. Its only a day to drive up and a day to drive back.
No that would be northern California and Southern California. I am using numbers and not percentages.
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

no way...

The Northwest is the Subaru capitol of de woyald!

We have sooooo many up here!

And I'm not diggin astoria, because, well, its astoria...

I do like thats its in the NW though...

But I'm planning a couple day trip to CA this summer so yeah, I guess I dont really care lol.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

ciper wrote:
TheSubaruJunkie wrote:That would be Washington and Alaska (can you consider Alaska a part of the west coast?). Anyhow i dont think California is in the top 2.

No that would be northern California and Southern California. I am using numbers and not percentages.
Of course California will have more subaru's than Washington, we have like 300x the population.

Anyhow. None of this has anything to do with the show. Either you are going or you are not.

I AM going, and i will be leaving on thursday before the show. Would be cool to have others tagging along.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

freakin THANK YOU!!!!!!
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

I've always wanted to go, but yeah, way too far for a subaru meet.

Oh well, we have subiefest and some new thing called subie extravaganza coming up.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Can anyone here say ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

Driving there is half the fun. Quit bitchin pussies and just fuckin do it!!

Im leaving thursday morning. I guess I'm going alone.
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
Qman4x4
First Gear

Post by Qman4x4 »

As the head "dickhead" thanks for the support. Can we expect you to plan the entire event. Visit a dozen sites. Plan to entertain 300+ people. Enlist the support of dozens of vendors/sponsors. Coordinate volunteers. Use your own money and resources not to mention the time involved.
just so someone in another state can call you degrading names. Thanks for the support. Stay and Cali and enjoy Subiefest3. We already had 1 & 2 here. And yes, I did drive the 3+ hrs to Portland to attend SF2.

Anytime you want to take on an event just let me know. I'll see if you have what it takes to get it done.
Closet Legacy owner
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Where's my popcorn?

Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust