Online Interchangeable parts catalog

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

massdrewski
First Gear

Online Interchangeable parts catalog

Post by massdrewski »

I have decided to do something really stupid. Im going to begin to create an online subaru parts interchangeable catalog.

Basicly the idea is you find what car you have and it will then show you what parts are interchangeable with that year with others. It will be ever growing and most likly will suck what ever social life I have left out of me. I will start with ground Zero...the 1990 Subaru Legacy and slowly add up from there.

Does anyone here have access to an OEM parts catalog listing part Numbers etc? maybe a Hollander interchangeable catalog or software?

I will start off small and add from there and most likely will need some help from other people along the way.

I figure that I can set it up similar to the way cars101.com is for ease of use and maybe upgrade from there.

Ive already posted my idea on sl-i.net and will do the same on the impreza websites once I get the ball rolling. I do want to get the legacies over and done with though.

First OEM parts and then adding Mods etc. I don't want to get too over my head.

Ideas?
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Wow, that would be a lot of work! I'd imagine that engines, transmissions and suspension would be the biggest draw, right?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
massdrewski
First Gear

Post by massdrewski »

It did. Again. im going to start out with Direct OEM swap and then add a section for "mods". Such as Stereos, Suspension and anything else Noobs ask "will it fit"
massdrewski
First Gear

Post by massdrewski »

Now I just gotta find 95-99...