Everett caravan to W.C.S.S.

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Everett caravan to W.C.S.S.

Post by kimokalihi »

I'm getting excited. I have no grill but I could get one easily and no tent but that can be taken care of as well.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
familydad
First Gear

Post by familydad »

how many grills we need? if we hang together we'll just need one. what we sould do is make a list of what to bring and we can pick from that list what we will bring for the group. tools, beer, types of food, beer, drinks, oh and did i say beer?
Hot damm that was fun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1999 Legacy L postal, RHD
soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

um, lets not forget about the BEER!!!
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Oh man that sounds like a swell idea. What kind of beer do you guys like? I'll bring some and a cooler. We should park all our legacys together. I just put in my request for paid time off.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

Nothing sweeter than PAID time off! I'm a pacifico man and I will be traveling w/ a full compliment of tasty and ice cold frostys( or "mom juice" as my 3 year old calls them, sorry honey!) . I am a man of lesiure and I travel WELL supplied! :)
I'm putting off a trip to visit my mom and dad to attend the event and take hundreds of pics w/ my awesome Christmas present camera. Plus it'll be at least as hot in Denver as in chelan, so it'll be the pre-trip temp adjustment.
I will camp Friday night & leave sat around 6 or 7.

I think it's a stellar idea for us to "circle the wagons" , anyone know if there are campfires
allowed there? I assume there is but not positive. I could throw some wood in the trunk, whoa, that sounds naughty!

Is anyone doing anything "special" for their car before the event? Any entries into the carshow? I'm working on a smoothed trunk a.k.a. De-garnishment. I did this with another trunk lid but I didn't realize the it was from a '91 so no fitty. Anybody interested in buying a sweet as hell smoothed out prelift trunk? :lol:
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Show me picture of said smoothed trunk lid. Is it pearl white? I plan on making my car run and drive before the event. Pretty special, eh? I just slammed it actually so that's pretty cool. Looks hott now.

I drink all kinds of beer, I don't have a whole lot of preference. You guys ever had Earthquake before? Holy shit :shock: those things are the man-test right there. Definitely not a fan of the earthquakes. I like Sam Adams Summer Ale, Heffi, Blue Moon, whatever. I should bring polish dogs. Those are good.

12% Lager - Best described as a thick lager with a shot or two of whisky mixed in it.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

the heat is just another reason to bring lots of beer..... water... HAH!

j/k
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

I can send pics via pm if you'd like, and it is now primer semi flat
black. It is pretty cool. I will get those sent to you today.

Don't forget the sunscreen! Hol Christ, I sound like
my mom! :shock:
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... 96&start=0
here is a link to the trunk lid I put up here a hundred years ago...
CRAP, no pics!! I have'em, I'll pm them to you.
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

So the hole trunk lid is flat black primered? I dunno...lol I'd still like to see what you've done with it.
soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

Yes. The paint under it is silver, but it was in pretty bad shape. I was going to paint it to match my car(white) but didn't because of the fit issue.

You will like it because it is badass! I'm doing the same w/ my '93 lid and it too, will be badass!
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
familydad
First Gear

Post by familydad »

so where are we meeting up? and who all is going? i heard Everett aqua sox stadium as a meet point, theres also the Dennys on Pacific, thats like 2 blocks fom HW2 onramp, and theres a big parking lot. From dennys to cashmere its 111 miles and just over 2 hours (at 60mph) 1.5 hours for the rest of us LOL, not sure about you all but i have a programed scanner for WSP and i have two small camping radios, if we can get a few more we can keep in radio contact in case of trouble.
Hot damm that was fun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
familydad
First Gear

Post by familydad »

wow this post just fell flat on its face
Hot damm that was fun!

cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

kimokalihi wrote:I'm getting excited. I have no grill but I could get one easily and no tent but that can be taken care of as well.
pull-a-part in lakewood has a 91 wagon with a grille... they're like 12.50 right now
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
familydad
First Gear

Post by familydad »

:smt017 i'm thinkin he ment a BBQ grill
cj91legss wrote:
kimokalihi wrote:I'm getting excited. I have no grill but I could get one easily and no tent but that can be taken care of as well.
pull-a-part in lakewood has a 91 wagon with a grille... they're like 12.50 right now
Hot damm that was fun!

soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

thats funny! :lol:

hey ive been offline for the past few days, but im still fully comitted to the meet up in everett at the where-ever its decided. all the north-enders speak up and lets figure it out so we can all know where(if?) we will hook up.
CHEERS!!

oh, btw, i just got a 5-speed swap done and IT IS SWEET!!!
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

familydad wrote::smt017 i'm thinkin he ment a BBQ grill
cj91legss wrote:

Man, talk about being retarded...... that went right over my head. hahaha
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That was pretty funny. I might be rolling in the caravan because my friend may be going who lives in seattle so I might have to roll up there and pick up him.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

i might not even be going now.... money is too tight
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That sucks. Bummer.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Have we decided on a location and a time on Friday? Getting close. I'm ready to rock.
soobadood
In Neutral

Post by soobadood »

Well I'm utterly bummed that I'm not going to be able to make it Friday, I have to work on a day I thought was solidly cleared, but I'll still make it Saturday for sure. Might even spend the night depending on how the day goes.

On another equally depressing note; I'm going to take this opportunity at the show to try and sell my leggy. :( I have put so much money and time getting it into a once again reliable and fun daily driver, that I have spent WAY more than I ever thought I would. Last count was aprox. $6000.00, and that's in the last 5 or 6 months!!
I need to recoup some of that money and put it towards more important thing in my life. I got a dad car, it gets kick ass gas mileage, is an auto and has great a/c. Fu*k I'm getting old! :lol:

If anyones interested, I'm pretty firm on $4000.00 bucks. I know it sounds like alot, and I've heard the "but it's an old car" arguments, but anyone who bought this car($1800.00 purchase price) as I did, would have had to do all of the repairs/replacements that I did. Maybe others wouldn't have had to pay labor(I'm too busy to work on my own car these days), but I have a friend that owns a suby repair shop so it was always low labor or bunches of no charge extras

It's a really nice rig and since getting the impreza drivetrain swap(w/ 4:11 gearing), its a totally different car(50/50 tq. split is nice)!!

I hope whoever meets up has a great drive over and be safe!!! I'll see you at the show, my leggy will be the white one with the "for sale" signs! Oh! Also I'll have my smoothed 90-92 trunk lid with me for sale for $125.00
currently own:
* 1997 impreza outback
* 1993 leggy s.s.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Is it pearl white? Not the regular white.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

So still no answer on a time and place? I need an answer today before I leave tonight to my friends house in seattle! He does not have internet so I won't be able to check this. If I don't get a response in the next 4 hours I'm just going to call up Jake and roll with him.
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear

Post by bmxkelowna »

im coming im coming!!

***** IF ANY ONE HAS 92-94 SEDAN TAIL LIGHTS AND A PASSENGER FENDER MARKER ILL BUY THEM ******