Any legacy meets in Oahu?

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Any legacy meets in Oahu?

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

New to the legacy world and was wondering if there were any meetings or groups here on Oahu in Hawaii?
92 legacy AWD ej22t 5 speed, rebuilt internals, custom intake, custom 2.5in catback, running 11psi, sti shocks and struts..
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any legacy meets in Oahu?

Post by Legacy777 »

I think I may have only seen one or two other members from Hawaii on the BBS over the past several years. I don't think they're very active any more though.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

Yeah wasnt sure if there was anyone all the way out here or not..didn't really think so, I was pretty surprised to find my 92' ej22t sedan out here so I had to get it. Thanks for the reply by the way, sucks being all the way out here but I sure do get compliments on the car and ppl asking what exactly it is and questions about the motor lol I have yet to see another 1st gen turbo sedan on the island so Im guessing its pretty rare to have one on the islands.
92 legacy AWD ej22t 5 speed, rebuilt internals, custom intake, custom 2.5in catback, running 11psi, sti shocks and struts..
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah I'd say it's probably pretty rare out there. Keep your eyes open, you may run across another one.

It's similar in Houston. I've seen probably only a handful of first gen legacies in Houston since I've been here (10 years), and only two were turbo Legacies.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

Yeah Ive seen maybe 2-3 other 1st gen legacys, a couple sedans and one wagon but they have all been N/A versions. I am def keeping my eye out tho, seems like wrx's are quite popular here so there is bound to be at least one more to pop up and plus i just moved here about a month and a half ago. Seems like the majority of the memebers on here live in the pacific northwest or up on the east coast..which suit these cars pretty well i guess, hawaii isnt the ideal place for one but some of the sand/dirt roads are a blast in these AWD sedans!
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

im from guam and have been to hawaii many a times, I actually knew one of the original owners of that leggo you picked up! he was in the navy and sold it before it got stationed back in the united states. not sure if you got it from the person he had sold it to or not but it was very well taken care of! nice pickup
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

Really? thats pretty cool! do you know who he sold it to? I bought it from a young asian college kid prob about 20-22yrs old..and it looks like it was very well maintained , interior is cherry and the motor is clean. body has a lot of miles but the motor was supposedly rebuilt
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Idk who he sold it to but he had owned it for quite a few years and did most of the work on it... I still can't believe it was on the island! And he had rebuilt the engine, he was a sub mechanic and knew everything about these cars too, very very good find and glad it wasn't beat to hell after he sold it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

I think if I wouldn't have got it from the guys I got it from the car prob would have been beat to hell lol you could tell he didn't care about the car..but he only had it for a couple months so glad I could save it lol I want to get it painted cuz it's pretty faded, what color? Keep it original? I kinda wanted to make it black with that nice grey interior