SLi: Maryland Meet

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

amgarrety
In Neutral

SLi: Maryland Meet

Post by amgarrety »

Hey guys, my name is Mike and I'm hosting a meet in Ellicott City, MD on February 23, 2013 for Subaru Legacy International. I just wanted to pop in over here and extend the invite to you guys since SLi and Legacy Central are pretty close. We'd love to see a wide range of Legacies attend, and of course, there are a ton of BCs and BFs here that I can't reach out to by posting just to SLi. You guys are more than welcome to attend, and even though the meet centers around SLi, friends from other forums and non-Subaru drivers are invited too! I just haven't been advertising on other forums.

We have some cool things planned for the meet. We'll have members contributing food for a pretty nice lunch. Also, anyone who has been on SLi may have seen a special version of the 3rd gen Legacy, called the S401. It was a Japanese-only twin turbo STI version of the BE produced in 2002, and only 286 were ever produced. We have a member over on SLi who owns one, and it is now in the US (the only S401 in the US). He will be at the meet giving rides for $3 donations to SLi. I've been for I ride in it and I can vouch that it is an awesome experience, and a bit of a weird feeling being on the left side of the car with no control :P We also have a vendor who makes "dead pedals" for the second and third generations (as well as any other car that has the same dead pedal setup), but he plans to branch out into other products eventually. It would be a great time to meet him and possibly talk about custom things for your car. I know he's planning on possibly making license plate deletes in the future. Not to mention he is a fellow Subaru driver and an all around nice guy.

We've got members coming from CT, NY, WV, VA, PA, MD, NJ, and possibly WA (we're still working that one out). So this meet has some pretty great coverage from the east coast. This is the first year for this meet so I'm very excited to see such a diverse turnout.

I'll link you guys to the original post on SLi, and if you think you want to attend, let me know. You can either post here, or if you have an account on SLi, you can post there if you'd like. I'll keep an eye on both forums. RSVP isn't necessary, but it is a big help in planning how much food to have and finding a pavilion big enough for all of us.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26106

I look forward to meeting a few of you first gen guys!
amgarrety
In Neutral

Re: SLi: Maryland Meet

Post by amgarrety »

Just bumping this. The meet is less than 2 weeks away and we've got more than 26 Legacy drivers attending! I remember that number specifically because that's how many parking spots I planned on having, and we are over that number now. Oh well, we'll take over another parking area as well. The invite is still open for Legacy Central members and friends!
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Re: SLi: Maryland Meet

Post by originalcyn »

If I were in the area this would be a blast to go to! I'm not sure how many members are near maryland, but i'm sure they all appreciate the invite.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L