WCSS15

Discussion of any community projects, meetings and collaborative projects.

Moderator: Moderators

Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Re: WCSS15

Post by Danny-G »

I'm curious to hear if anything has changed or not. I would like to know if I can go next year or not, that way I can make sure I'll be free.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Id like to know too

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

he said once they know who the guy is for sure, then we can go... i think its ridiculous. i could see if when they got this "ban list" they contacted everyone on it to see what they knew. then if someone gave false info or no one answered back, they would be banned. but to just throw a list together of people that were around him, or people that they think know anything, make no attempt to contact them at all, and just assume that we know they did this and wrote some blurb on their facebook page, is completely unreasonable.
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
subarutex
In Neutral

Post by subarutex »

ride_child wrote:he said once they know who the guy is for sure, then we can go... i think its ridiculous. i could see if when they got this "ban list" they contacted everyone on it to see what they knew. then if someone gave false info or no one answered back, they would be banned. but to just throw a list together of people that were around him, or people that they think know anything, make no attempt to contact them at all, and just assume that we know they did this and wrote some blurb on their facebook page, is completely unreasonable.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I feel that its completely unreasonable that we had to do any of this.

I don't make a living trying to track people down. I make signs. I proceeded as best I could. There are things I would have changed, mainly I should not have hesitated to call the cops. That was my call, and I messed it up.

Given the attitudes of the people that have gotten in touch with us, I don't really see how a direct email would have been any better.

You live and learn though. Next time will be completely different.
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

i agree its completely unreasonable that you had to do this, thats why i conducted myself in a manner that i expect people to act at events that i put on, so that i am able to attend again, but i guess that didnt make a difference. i suggested direct email just so that we would have known about it asap, i just happened across this on here, thankfully i did. i gave you all the help i could, and as of now, im still not able to go next year, simply for going to your event.
Kris

'91 Black SS - SOLD
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I just read about all of this and can only say that I'm befuddled.
I didn't see any of the reported incidences or behavior, but I can only wonder if they're threatening to ban all of us (for happening to drive the same kind of car as this offender) in an attempt to gain info on the offender. Its especially baffling to see this kind of poor, lazy tactic used by the same organizers that put on such a great show. Why punish the rest of us for one guy's actions, as it sounds like it is a single individual they're looking for? I would think it shouldn't be too hard, as they have every attendee's info on their registration info.

I don't remember my car number at this point, but I'm sure its included as I was parked with the group of us early Legacy owners. I can only hope this is resolved before next year's show as I have a good time at them and would like to continue to participate.

As far as being the 'police' of the campgrounds, perhaps the organizers should relax a bit and let their show-goers police themselves, then they wouldn't be seen as the 'bad guys'. I should think that the more responsible, mature attendees will distance themselves from those whose behavior they wouldn't want to be associated with. The only real concern then would be drunk driving, which is obviously not tolerable, and would have to try to be prevented.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

any new word on this subject?
Kris

'91 Black SS - SOLD
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

Bump, anyone heard anything new?
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
subarutex
In Neutral

Post by subarutex »

Here is an update:

I'm done. Bad guy won.

I've gassed the FB post, and gotten in touch with other mods to kill the other threads around the net. This is more for my benefit than yours. I don't want this to put us in jeopardy of getting insurance this year.

Yes. That's right. I'm going to try this thing again, even though I can't even THINK about last year without my blood pressure going through the roof.

So, if you were on the list... you're off. I just don't care anymore.

I'll announce the show later this year, when we have finalized everything.

There are a lot of changes on the table, mostly to help protect Dan and I's personal liability in this. Nothing has been decided yet, and we are researching all options to make this a better event. Professional paid security, Enforced no alcohol / drugs, and scrapping the camping all together are on the table. Once we know the costs, and what our legal advisors recommend, we'll be able to move forward 100% with this years show.

This will also be my last post here, about this issue or anything else. Feel free to email westcoastsubarushow@gmail.com if for some reason you feel you need to.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Thanks for the update, Chris. I plan on being there and hope it goes much smoother this year.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

As do I.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

HMMM, road trip?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
northcoast
First Gear

Post by northcoast »

Chris.. please make it for August and not September. I was registered to go last year and was going to help Brian and Jeff with the mudpit but had to bail after I realized the date.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
Lifted 91 LS Wagon : SOLD
87 GL-10 Turbo : SOLD
Lifted 97 Impreza OBS
98 Impreza OBS RallyX / DD
BoostedSubie
Second Gear

Post by BoostedSubie »

Lets hope all goes smooth this year, everyone can chill, and have a good time. There is enough drama in day to day life, for me WCSS is really my only vacation each year, and I'm sure it is for others as well. I count the days until the show each year, waiting on this years date so I can request my time off from work. Can't wait
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Outback- EJ25D/22e frankenmotor
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
98 Silver Legacy GT- Pikes Peak build, built EJ22t/205, GT3076r
99 Black Legacy GT wagon