Turbos, parts, rebuilds, etc.

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Turbos, parts, rebuilds, etc.

Post by DeadboltEnterprises »

Hey folks, I can't find any vendor forum here, I don't wanna get in trouble for posting business ads but we have some stuff for the Legacy Turbos. I will not mention products, services, or prices until I hear that it is OK. Anybody got a link to vendor rules/policy?

Thanks!

:)

EDIT: Our prices and services are listed below.
Last edited by DeadboltEnterprises on Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.deadboltspeed.com
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Parts shed maybe? Maybe DLC or Legacy777 could comment.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

We've had a couple of vendors on here before offering us their products. I can't remember any of them being met with anything other than interest.

This board doesn't rely on vendor sponsors to keep running the way NASIOC does, which I think is the main reason NASIOC has a separate "vendor" member class.

Of course, it's good to get a green light from an admin or mod but as long as you're being polite and honest (which you are, by explaining that you're a vendor) I personally can't see why we wouldn't want to hear as much as we can about your products for our cars. :)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

And if your screenname indicates who you are, you are a reputible vendor in my book, and I would love to hear what sort of offerings you have for the old Legacies...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

mmm, 16g

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

yes sell the 16g's so some fool like me can scrounge up a used vf11 ;D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I have had inquiries from a few different vendors but not enough to warrant a forum for vendors exclusively. I don't mind vendors mentioning their products in threads, as long as it's done tastefully.

Until i have a "genuine" vendor who posts to the board and has enough products to warrant a forum, i think i'll keep it how it is.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

You do offer the 16G with the 90 degree inlet too, right? I think I remember seeing that on an auction on Ebay you had.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, tell us about your products, services, and prices. :)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

DLC, thanks! :) We are still a small business since we try to cater to specific markets, so I doubt you will see too much advertising from us. If you do see something you don't like please let me know immediately and I will take care of it.

Here is a list of our services / products:
(Prices do not include shipping)
Standard Rebuild - IHI RHB style turbo - $250.00
IHI RHB rebuild kit for the do-it-yourselfer - $119.00

We also port the Legacy RHB turbos, which gives about the same results as our Monster Port on the WRX turbos, a little better spool, better midrange, better response, etc. $195.00

We sell brand new WARRANTIED TD05-16G turbos with 90 degree inlet. We can also add Legacy style fitment coolant supply lines and oil return line. Prices start at $799.00 for the standard TD05-16G with all lines, we can also port it or add ceramic coating as well.

We have a fully functioning ceramic coating facility here onsite. Here is an example of our ceramic coatings on one of our TD05-16G's that has been modified to straight inlet:

IN PROGRESS:
We are also investigating an option to offer the TD05 turbo with an 18G wheel, and/or a TD06 turbine wheel.

We are investigating modifying the TD04 turbocharger for use with 90 degree inlet tubing for those who do not wish to run really high boost but would like an increase over what is already there.

We are investigating fuel rail and fuel injector upgrades.

We are hopefully going to be releasing upgrade kits for the older US Spec Legacy Turbos which would include a 90 degree inlet turbo with option of TD04 or TD05 as well as an intercooler and mounting brackets.

Feel free to check out our website or email us at deadbolt@aol.com with any questions.

[/img]
www.deadboltspeed.com
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

how much is a wastegate actuator for a TD05H 16G? I bought a 95 STI TD05 from the U.K for 150 USD shipped but it came with no wastegate so I need to get one. Also, what is the recommended mileage between rebuilds? The one I bought has 60K miles on it. Is it good for some time or should it be rebuit? Shaft spins freely and there is no wobble. Anything I should check over?

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I have a few questions/suggestions. How about a parallel fuel mod kit for the turbo engines?

Also I have a stock Legacy turbo VF-10 that I was thinking about doing the 'T'Bird' mod hybrid mod where the compressor of the '87-88 T-bird is added to the Legacy's exhaust. Would I be able to send that in for porting and check? Would it be a better idea just to have the standard turbo ported and polished? At some point I will get a better turbo, but I'm looking for around 250-280 HP with excellent driveability but would eventually like to be able to make 300 even if I don't use it (I like to use components under their limits when possible). The car will also have a air-water intercooler.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

LegacyT wrote:how much is a wastegate actuator for a TD05H 16G? I bought a 95 STI TD05 from the U.K for 150 USD shipped but it came with no wastegate so I need to get one. Also, what is the recommended mileage between rebuilds? The one I bought has 60K miles on it. Is it good for some time or should it be rebuit? Shaft spins freely and there is no wobble. Anything I should check over?

Mark,
I have a used one that I can sell for $45.00 shipped within the lower 48 states. I do not have an extra E-clip for it however, you can get that at advance or even a Subaru store for about 50 cents.

As far as a recommended rebuild interval, there really is not one, I have seen turbos go over 100K on the original turbo, and I have also seen them go "belly up" in as little as 10K. If there is no sign of oil on the turbine or oil in the compressor housing discharge area, and there is not much play in the rotational assembly, and no damage to either the turbine or compressor housing you are probably OK.
www.deadboltspeed.com
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

evolutionmovement wrote:I have a few questions/suggestions. How about a parallel fuel mod kit for the turbo engines?

Also I have a stock Legacy turbo VF-10 that I was thinking about doing the 'T'Bird' mod hybrid mod where the compressor of the '87-88 T-bird is added to the Legacy's exhaust. Would I be able to send that in for porting and check? Would it be a better idea just to have the standard turbo ported and polished? At some point I will get a better turbo, but I'm looking for around 250-280 HP with excellent driveability but would eventually like to be able to make 300 even if I don't use it (I like to use components under their limits when possible). The car will also have a air-water intercooler.

Steve
I actually had someone mention the fuel rails in an email earlier so I am going to do some investigating on that as well. I have rebuilt a few of the TBird turbos, there does not seem to be a dramatic difference in the compressor wheels, I wouldn't think you would get a tremendous amount more power with that. We can put a wheel in the turbo that would be bigger than your current wheel and do a rebuild while we are in there.
www.deadboltspeed.com
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I have a spare RHB52 turbo that i purchased with the express intent of having rebuilt to swap out the current unit i have.

I would be interested in a price for a rebuild, porting and ceramic coating. Any reasonable upgrades would be taken into consideration as well, e.g. larger compressor wheels, etc...

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

DLC wrote:I have a spare RHB52 turbo that i purchased with the express intent of having rebuilt to swap out the current unit i have.

I would be interested in a price for a rebuild, porting and ceramic coating. Any reasonable upgrades would be taken into consideration as well, e.g. larger compressor wheels, etc...

Dave
Sent you a PM. :)
www.deadboltspeed.com
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

DeadboltEnterprises wrote:
evolutionmovement wrote:I have a few questions/suggestions. How about a parallel fuel mod kit for the turbo engines?

Steve
I actually had someone mention the fuel rails in an email earlier so I am going to do some investigating on that as well. I have rebuilt a few of the TBird turbos, there does not seem to be a dramatic difference in the compressor wheels, I wouldn't think you would get a tremendous amount more power with that. We can put a wheel in the turbo that would be bigger than your current wheel and do a rebuild while we are in there.
My travels through the web suggest that there is virtually no gain to be had from the "thunderbird hybrid" mod...
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
Suby Hai!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Swell. Saves me some aggravation and money.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Emails are broken this morning, we can read incoming but not reply, so if you sent us an email after 7:00 EST last night, we will reply as soon as this thing is fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience.
www.deadboltspeed.com
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

OK it is Sunday now and everything appears to be OK (or at least for the next few hours :roll: )
www.deadboltspeed.com
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Some questions.
How much is the Ceramic coating?
About how long does the coating take?
Do you have any data on performance benefits?
Do you sell rebuilt or used vf10/11's?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Sorry for the delayed response, we weren't aware the thread was moved, we thought it had been deleted.

The ceramic coating is as follows:

Exhaust housings - Black Xtreme(TM) - $75
Compressor housing - Grey - $45

Turnaround time is 3-5 days for coating only

We have some generic data at www.deadboltspeed.com/ceramic.htm however nothing from a dyno

We do not keep VF10's or 11's in stock usually, however we might be getting one in within the next few days.
www.deadboltspeed.com
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

I have a VF-30 with a cracked exhaust housing. What would it run to replace that housing?Everything else appears to be in usable condition, but you never know until you guys have it in hand. But let's assume for now, it is just the housing...
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
Suby Hai!
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Matt Monson wrote:I have a VF-30 with a cracked exhaust housing. What would it run to replace that housing?Everything else appears to be in usable condition, but you never know until you guys have it in hand. But let's assume for now, it is just the housing...
Hmm... used VF30 exhaust housings can be hard to find. I may have something here that would work. If you can send me pics of the crack we may be able to repair it for ya. Our email is deadbolt@aol.com
www.deadboltspeed.com
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

The crack is near the wastegate. I will try and get some pics and send them to you early next week...
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
Suby Hai!