Turbos, parts, rebuilds, etc.

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

So these 16Gs will bolt up correct? Any chance of offering bolt-on 20Gs with the 90 degree elbow?
05 Jeep Liberty CRD turbo diesel
91 Mazda Miata
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 5MT
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DeadboltEnterprises »

Sorry for the lack of replies, we have been having some real problems with the home computer not being able to access the board. We are closed today due to equipment upgrades as well as my being called out of town. This is the first time I have been able to post in a LONG time. :(

The 16G does come in a 90 degree inlet version that will mount to the older Legacy.

There is not enough room to modify that particular one to house a 20G wheel, however we can install a 90 degree inlet on our standard ZILLA to make it a better fit.

Please feel free to email us at deadbolt@aol.com at any time if we can answer any questions or be of any assistance.

Jerry
www.deadboltspeed.com
TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

On the 16G bolt-on version, does the downpipe also bolt up?
91 Mazda Miata
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Yes, it uses the Subaru specific turbine housing which works with the "WRX Style" donpipe flange. :) We have already sold two here in the US for fitment to the Legacy Turbos, hopefully we can get the time to put one on our shop car as well! :twisted:
www.deadboltspeed.com
TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

If I ever manage to get an extra $1,000 I'll pick one up.
91 Mazda Miata
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

TheShocker wrote:If I ever manage to get an extra $1,000 I'll pick one up.
If you need the 90 degree inlet they start at $749. :)
www.deadboltspeed.com
TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

For the 16G?
91 Mazda Miata
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Yes, that includes coolant lines and oil return, no porting or ceramic coating. Brand New with a warranty.
www.deadboltspeed.com
TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

What about a "big 16g" (ported or whatever) with the ceramic coating and the 90 degree inlet?
91 Mazda Miata
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

TheShocker wrote:What about a "big 16g" (ported or whatever) with the ceramic coating and the 90 degree inlet?
90 degree inlet, Monster Ported(TM) version is $899, Black coating on exhaust side is $75 and the grey coating on compressor side is $45.
www.deadboltspeed.com
TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

So about $1,000. :) Maybe some day.
91 Mazda Miata
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

We are already tooling up to build an upgrade for the 2005 Legacy GT-Turbo, stay tuned for updates!
www.deadboltspeed.com
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Can you create kits as far as oil and coolant lines for a new turbo on the legacy? ie something that would make installing a vf34/35 more plug & play.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
awdboostfun
In Neutral

Post by awdboostfun »

Wow, cool, I have some questions though.

1st- Is this 16G you're selling a small or big 16G?

2nd- I'm not familiar with the 'monster porting' or whatever it's called. Could you explain exactly what this is and what the benefits are?

3rd- If I get a 16G is it possible to upgrade to an 18G compressor later and if so, how much would that cost?

:)
awdboostfun
In Neutral

Post by awdboostfun »

awdboostfun wrote:Wow, cool, I have some questions though.

2nd- I'm not familiar with the 'monster porting' or whatever it's called. Could you explain exactly what this is and what the benefits are?

3rd- If I get a 16G is it possible to upgrade to an 18G compressor later and if so, how much would that cost?

DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

mTk wrote:Can you create kits as far as oil and coolant lines for a new turbo on the legacy? ie something that would make installing a vf34/35 more plug & play.

MK
Are you referring to the older Legacy or the new 05 GT turbo?
www.deadboltspeed.com
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

awdboostfun wrote:
awdboostfun wrote:Wow, cool, I have some questions though.

Sorry, had troubles getting on the site again for a couple of days. Our ISP sucks. :(

1. This is considered the "small" 16G. we can build a "Big" 16G, or even a "Super" 16G as well.

2. Our Monster Port (TM) process removes a LOT of matierial inside the exhaust housing, resculpts the inside, smooths the entrance to the turbine area, heavily ports the wastegate, and port matches the housing to the downpipe. The results are better spoolup, better throttle response, quicker acceleration, and better "roll-on" acceleration.

3. Yes we can upgrade the turbo to an 18G, or several other variants. At the present time the cost for any compressor wheel upgrade is $299.00 plus shipping. This includes the new wheel as well as all machine work required to make it fit.
www.deadboltspeed.com
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

DeadboltEnterprises wrote:
Are you referring to the older Legacy or the new 05 GT turbo?

Older legacy Of course! :) Anytime you see legacy here it'll refer to BC/BF (should at least)

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
awdboostfun
In Neutral

Post by awdboostfun »

Great, thanks for the explaning the monster port.

So a big 16G would be $299 over the standard priced 16G? A super 16G would be the same $299 price over the standard (small) 16G?

Do you have any info or could you explain the difference between the 3 different 16G wheels? Thanks.
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

awdboostfun wrote:Great, thanks for the explaning the monster port.

So a big 16G would be $299 over the standard priced 16G? A super 16G would be the same $299 price over the standard (small) 16G? .
awdboostfun wrote:Do you have any info or could you explain the difference between the 3 different 16G wheels? Thanks.
Honestly the "Big" 16G is a waste of money IMO. Lots of people swear by it, but I honestly have not been impressed, it flows only a little more than the "small" 16G. The "Super" 16G however is very impressive, it delivers almost as much flow as the 18G due to the greatly increased tip height, so great power potential, with only a little more lag than the standard "small" 16G.
www.deadboltspeed.com
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

[quote="awdboostfun"]Great, thanks for the explaning the monster port.

So a big 16G would be $299 over the standard priced 16G? A super 16G would be the same $299 price over the standard (small) 16G?

[quote]

Yes, any compressor wheel upgrade is $299. :)
www.deadboltspeed.com
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

New shipments arriving almost daily.
www.deadboltspeed.com
dwreck30
Second Gear

Post by dwreck30 »

Going back to fuel upgrades. Injectors uprades would have to also have to be done to support the bigger turbos you guys are offering. And being that there are no current aftermarket injectors that fit our cars I think new fuel rails would be a good way to go. Just my thoughts.
- Derek
'06 STi
DeadboltEnterprises
Vendor
Vendor

Well, the TD05H-16G can be run at stock and only slightly higher pressures without running the injectors static, but, yes, anything larger than that would require something to get more fuel into the chambers. I have often wondered if the same type of mod that we do to the WRX injectors would work on the Legacy, I have never seen a Legacy injector.
www.deadboltspeed.com
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

I have a used TD05 16G with around 60K miles pulled from a 1994 wrx. I have never run it. How much would an examinination and possible rebuild cost?

Thanks,
Mark
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!