Round Two: Standalone scan tools, for non-turbos too

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

SubyinaVW
In Neutral

Post by SubyinaVW »

Vik,

Are you still making these great tools? If so, I would like to get one.

I have a NA '91 EJ22 legacy engine installed into my VW Vanagon. The free B10 tool does work on these conversion, but I really want an independent scan tool that does not require a laptop. I'm also still trying to get the B10 working on my Vanagon, but think its more of my laptop causing the troubles.

[/u]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

No I don't believe he is.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I don't plan on building any more in the near future. It really does take a long time and these days I don't find myself with very much of that.

It's also harder to work up the motivation now that I've been screwed out of hundreds of dollars by a fellow board member over this device.

If that changes, I'll be sure to post up here though.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

That's a real shame to hear. This tool is hands down the coolest thing on my car. I truley lose sleep over the thought of mine dying from years of use and you not being around so I can buy another.

But that aside - WELCOME BACK!
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
soobrdad02
First Gear

Post by soobrdad02 »

Just read through the thread for the first time and the "scan tool" looks awesome! i know that you aren't making them any longer and I wanted to know if the plans to work one up were floating around out in cyberspace somewhere, or if you could recommend a similar tool. Having been a tech years ago, I miss the ability to scan problems and scope out what's going on with the car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
"All four wheels spin? Huh, that's AWD..."

*1991 Legacy wagon, 4EAT, n/a*
*1966 Chevrolet C-10 pick-'em-up*