Round Two: Standalone scan tools, for non-turbos too

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Not a problem bro! Always willing to back a genuinely good guy! :mrgreen: Keep up the excellent work for the Legacy community!!!!
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
m44offroad
First Gear

Post by m44offroad »

ripplesouth wrote:
douglas vincent wrote:Western Union or nothing. Vicash is above reproach.
I paypal this person in trust for the scan tool last week. I hope to receive it within 2 weeks using FedEx. Could anyone on this BBS provide feedback on this seller
include details on
Order Processing speed
Shipping Speed (trucking company)
Item As described when received
Any other comments

How many people are now in receipt of their scan tool?
i bought one, i think i got about #4 or 5 out of the first run of N/A scan tools and after reading this board for about a year i took a complete leap of faith and trusted vikash, i only have a few posts on the board and really dont know anyone. processing and shipping time was really quick (cant remember how long exactly) the scantool was just as decribed and is freaking bad ass.
1990 AWD Legacy LS, 5mt, manual belts and Vikash standalone scantool.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

There is a thread in the 'reviews' forum about this.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

I have one of the original runs and it's a completely awesome tool.

People like Vikash are hard to come by these days. He won't do you wrong.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
GeneralDisorder
First Gear

Post by GeneralDisorder »

Just saw these. I want. Count me in for the next batch. Just say the word and genuine cash money will pour down upon you from on high.

Oh - and you have a PM comming as well. I have a question regarding your ECU hacking skillz.

GD
91 SS, 94 GT, 84 Wagon, 83 Hatch, 85 Brat.
253.Asmo
First Gear

Post by 253.Asmo »

Yeah, hadn't taken a closer look at this until now. Freakin awesome!

Does it have the ability to display multiple sensor readings at the same time, ie: oxygen and temp at same time, or is it one at a time?
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

GD - I'll get back to you.

253.Asmo - Just one at a time. The ECU only reports one parameter at a time.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Normally I don't get into this sort of thing, but I have to say, from reading the other thread in addition to this one, at this point it seems your more interested in some sort of personal payback than a working scantool.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

And if you did follow the instructions, and you are just getting the blue screen, you need to try this......

Turn key off and wait. Does the red light on the unit stay on for about 5-10 seconds? or does it turn off immediately? If it turns off immediately, then your car has a blown fuse somewhere in the inside fuse box. the unit needs this fuse to be working (as I was informed by Vicash).

If the unit light stays on for the 5-10 seconds after the key is turned off, simply wait till the light turns off, and turn the key back till the idiot lights turn on again. See what happens. Repeat ALOT. One of my cars takes up to 10-20 times before the scan tool turns on BECAUSE THE CAR IS OLD!

Another thing to test is find another 1990-1994 legacy and test it on that car.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Very good troubleshooting ideas Doug.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Discussion of disputes will not be tolerated in this thread.

ripplesouth has had a problem with his device and will resolve it with vrg3 personally.

I will not tolerate attacks on him or by him.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Now I need to build one for my Forester using a 2x6 LCD for the dash-top pocket.

The question, I suppose, is if the Juicebox's video output could be augmented via firmware (instead of utilizing the small standard screen, to produce wide-screen ouput), and sent to an external monitor? I guess a primer to this would be if anyone makes a 2"x6" LCD?

What a cool project!

I will vouch for Vikash's honor. Not as a modeartor or representative of this website, but as a true friend of the man.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Thanks, Phil! I know I owe you an email about this, too, and I'll get back to you.

The Juice Box isn't that powerful or moddable a device... it was never meant to do this stuff, let alone what you're suggesting. To do something more custom, it's probably better to start from scratch with a single board computer of some type. I'm sure somebody manufactures a 2x6 LCD.

To implement one for your Forester, you'd also need to implement OBD-II, I think. I don't believe cars as new as yours support the same diagnostic protocol as first-gens.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

They sell LCD displays that plug into OBDII and give you real time data for what the ECU sees. They're like $120 and I plan on mounting one in the huge dash area of the Cessna car. It may be a little smaller than 2x6, but should be close.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

OK, it's not letting me edit...

It's called the Scangauge 2. It's 1.5 x 4.8". I guess there's a data logging feature via USB as well according to a website I found, but the actual page about the actual page about it doesn't mention it that I found.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

The Scanguage looks like a really cool idea. I think it's conceivable that something of this sort could be made for the OBDI Subarus, but the price would probably be on par with what vrg3 is already selling.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

any news on the next batch????? :)
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Nope; if there were I'da posted it. :)
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

Any news on when my scan tool is ever going to get fixed?
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I have kept you updated. I have been communicated by private message, as the administrators of this board requested you and I do.

Now will you please stop muddying up every single thread about this project by posting indiscriminately without attention to what's actually been discussed in the thread?
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

It's now April 21. I have not heard what happend to my scan tool, or if you have even opened the box yet.

Where is the original agreement you publicly posted to this forum about me sending back the scan tool?

What are you promising to do with the scan tool I sent back to you?

I sent that scan tool Overnight service, very expensive and yet you have been sitting on it up until now.

"I haven't had time to work on it" excuse? It's been over a month. No excuse there. It does not take more than 2 weeks to pull yourself together and ship out a new one.
Little Red 95
In Neutral

Post by Little Red 95 »

Hello Vrg3, i have been following the three threads on this almost from the begining, and i would like to say that these devices seem like they are almost a gift from god, or at least a really cool toy. Now I read in one of the other threads that your unit supports first gen. only, and I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the unit to support second gen. as well. Also I was curious as to whether or not you are through building them, or if you have any plans to create more? Much thanks and admiration. -Ben
ripplesouth
First Gear

Post by ripplesouth »

Second Generation legacies usually are equipped with OBD2 diagnostic computers so you would not need this scan tool. You can pickup pretty good scan tools for obd2 second gen legacies online. There are better tools out there from reputable sellers for second generation legacies.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

The ScanGuageII is what I'm going to get in the near future for my OBDII car.
Legacy Central
firstgenwagon
In Neutral

Post by firstgenwagon »

So are there any more of these planned?