Dspin Fabrication - Open for Business!

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

Northwind Composites
First Gear

Dspin Fabrication - Open for Business!

Post by Northwind Composites »

I have posted a duplicate introduction thread in the Misc. Forum where I am happy to answer any questions or comments. However, I will be posting company updates, product development news, product specials, etc. here.

So, without further adu, here is who Dspin Fabrication is -

Axis Composite Technologies is an up and coming leader in the advanced composites industry. We have a primary focus on the aerospace market. However, we have a strong secondary focus on the recreational and automotive industry, which is handled by our Dspin Fabrication division.

The company is owned and operated by three principal officers. Two have Mechanical Engineering degrees from Washington State University and the third is an Aerospace Engineer from Virginia Tech. We have a combined 10 years of experience in advanced composites design and manufacturing, and over 15 years combined in the performance automotive world. We have design and production experience on commercial and Department of Defense programs, including specialized composite certification programs for light aircraft with the FAA.

Dspin Fabrication specializes in custom and production fabrication of composite components. We have capabilities to handle all styles and scales of projects from simple flat pattern work, to custom body panels, and anything in-between. While we do have the ability to create parts with traditional wet layup techniques, we focus on advanced pre-impregrenated fabrics which are heat cured under vacuum. This allows for superiour structural characteristics in addtion to providing increased aesthetic qualities over wet layup construction where fabric weave can shift and pull. Dspin Fabrication utilizes a variety of core materials to specifically meet the structural, weight, and cost requirements of your project.

Due to our engineering and design history, we are happy to work with clients to refine their ideas and create solutions for any problem. We can work with all the standard composite materials including fiberglass, carbon, and aramid (Kevlar) fabrics. If you have special design requirements such as flammability, high temperature, abrasion, primary structure, etc, we have the ability to address your needs. Alternatively, if you have a complete design and just need it produced - we are happy to perform build-to-print work. We do have a full machine shop to provide a complete solution to your needs.

Dspin Fabrication is dedicated to on time, cost effective, and quality production. The company is currently working to obtain ISO9001 and AS9100 quality certification. The atmosphere of "Quality First" is driven from the top down ensuring your satisfaction.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the company, upcoming projects, or general composite questions. I can be reached here on the BBS, by email, or by phone.

Thank you,

Lee Skidmore
VP / Director of Engineering
lskidmore@axiscomposites.com
208-290-5585