"the" 91 Radio Flyer

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ha!

Ya, I ran those so I could lift the car, and stuff big tires under it. (there were some spacers involved) The above pic of my car covered in mud was running those. I ran those tires at 25psi to keep my kidneys in place!

And coilovers always pop and rattle. They'll do it more if your strut bearings are shot, but that doesnt really seem to happen a lot to these cars. Maybe in salty areas or something, but ya.

We used to put really nice coilovers on peoples STI's and god they would bitch and moan and want their money back n stuff. "well I payed a lot for this" ya, ya did. You put a "racing" suspension under your car, not a "Cadilac" suspension. DUH!
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Ahh, that makes sense... because after a long mountain run... um... my uh, spine... is like FUCK YOU!

lol

Yeah, i'm running low-profiles and my car is the same height as Daves was when he was running them aka... makin snakes jealous.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Quick question while I'm thinking about it....

What did you do with your blinkers when you put the driving lights in their place?
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ahhh. Good question!

I wired the signals to the marker/parking lights, and put another 5w bulb and socket in for running lights. :-D
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Do you by chance remember how that all happened? I'd love to have a setup like yours.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Sure! I remember. I just cant really think of a good way to describe it right now. Tell ya what. You send me a set of corner lights, and like 10 bucks for parts, I'll just make a set for ya, and do a writeup. Or wait till next fall and I'll be down there going to OIT.
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Hmmm... can't say either of those options are quite viable for me right now. I'll really just have to look at the parts and figure it out myself.

When you say "running lights", what exactly do you mean? I think I can handle rewiring the parking lights, but I don't quite understand what I'd do about about the running lights.
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Okay so today I had a little look around and I have a couple other questions. When you "rewired" the lights, did you just move the blinker's connector up and plug it into the parking light? The connectors are the same size. The problem I noticed is the rate at which the blinker blinks changes when I tested it.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

proud new owner of this car!!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
scootledoo
First Gear

Post by scootledoo »

yea the damn flyer puts my ss in its place.. fuck.. im grabbin 3rd and he's in second and pullin like a mofo. btw kelly awsome choice with the avo turbo and bov.. that bov sounds amazing would love it on my ss.. i have complete envy over my little brother lol
-Scotty
91 Legacy turbo SS
de-snorked,exedy clutch, act flywheel.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

:D
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

This car is a used bitch.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Fkyx wrote:Okay so today I had a little look around and I have a couple other questions. When you "rewired" the lights, did you just move the blinker's connector up and plug it into the parking light? The connectors are the same size. The problem I noticed is the rate at which the blinker blinks changes when I tested it.
I see you don't have the car anymore but to answer your question, I did the same thing and experienced the same problem. I removed my turn signals in the bumper of my 90 legacy L wagon and rewired the signals to the parking lights and the bulbs must have been a different resistance or something because my turn signals blinked about twice as quick as before. It was so annoying I eventually went to the junkyard, bought new turn signals and wired it all back to stock and my blinkers went back to normal.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

douglas vincent wrote:This car is a used bitch.
Just like all my girls. :wink:
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

Is that a custom made shifter?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

When I bought the car, I was told he bought it like that. It is adjustable, but sits very high even on the lowest setting. Not exactly sure where you could locate one.
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Re: "the" 91 Radio Flyer

Post by keithmoilanen »

Lol now I own this car crazy how many hands it's gone through
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

yes, yes it is. i miss the RWD+big turbo haha but im sure a lot has changed since i sold it
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Post by keithmoilanen »

i am away at college now and left her behind! i miss this car.
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon