!2 sec. Subaru finally!!

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

waldo320
Second Gear

!2 sec. Subaru finally!!

Post by waldo320 »

Well to say the least I am fed up with all my dsm friends going 12's like its nobodys problem. I want to be able to run 12 any time I want to. So I said good buy to my ej22 with 143,xxx on it and said hello to a phase 1 ej25.

After not being able to stop a misterious oil leak and a few other issues I was having I decieded to pull 22 for a 25 block that I had sitting around for a couple of years.

Here is what I have for the block stock crank, manley rods, arias pistons, and clevite bearings. The funny story is that these rods are not for the phase one ej25 for the sti ej25 which suposidly has a shorter rod length then the phase one. What all this means is I am going to be right around 8 to 1 compression.

Heads are 97-99 dohc portated to the max with sti springs and retainers. I also going with stock mls head gaskets and brand new stock head bolts.

Goals!! 500 crank horse power. Meaning the biggest turbo I can afford with a huge front mount. Using my afc II as managment. Hopefully a msd dis2 or apexi itc for timing control. I already have a walboro255lph and a external fpr. I am taking this build in steps engine, turbo, exhaust, and intercooler aka huge front mount.

Couple of question that I have is were can I get 800cc side feed fuel injetors on the cheap? I already have some yellow tops. Also after browsing nasioc and here the best head gasket head combo is stock for my 500 hp goal. Also I will be using the stock 4eat will see how long that last ha ha before a manual or some sort built 4eat goes in .

Well I will be posting some pictures of the tear down soon. Please I welcome all coments and hope to learn some tip and tricks of the trade. Also the engine tear down sticky was very helpful!! I am building car a straight line 1/4 mile car to hang with evo's and all the other dsms.
One of the crazy's boosting a NA!
14.3 @ 93mph
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Best of luck dude. Did you go to the 4 Cyl. shootout that Buscher racing sponsored at Norwalk?

The best Subaru there was a STI that ran a 12.04. The Evo's and Eclipse/Talon kids were walking all over everyone. I still need to come check out your build. You're the closest legacy guy to me and I've never seen your car!
SUBARUEHS Racing
waldo320
Second Gear

Post by waldo320 »

Yah it was a shamful day for suby fans. This is part of my motivation for doing this to have a fast subaru. Your more than welcome to come and take a look theres not much to look at but there will be in a month or two.
14.3 @ 93mph
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

Post by Arctic Assassian »

I'll hit the 12's by mothers day next year. Thats opening day at our only track.
Kickin' it old-school.
Brydon
In Neutral

Post by Brydon »

Those rods will not work in a Phase I block. You crank has the wrong stroke. And if that wasn't enough the big end of those rods is 4mm larger than the size of your crank.

Moral of the story is you need a phase II block to run STI stuff. But those heads with a good set of cams will get you to 400whp. Also STI springs and retainers will need to be "shimmed" (a old v8 trick) to get the right seat pressure. The ej25d's springs are slightly longer.
The Powers in the Teal
waldo320
Second Gear

Post by waldo320 »

Thanks I will defitly give manley a call and see what they say. I also took the rods to the shop I have my crank worked on and they said that these were the right rods to the crank? I have the retainers being shimed on the todo list.
14.3 @ 93mph
jdmellor28
First Gear

Post by jdmellor28 »

well how is it going ?
jdm jeffrey
photos : http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/jeffreydm28/legacy/
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hmmm, East Coast Shootout out here had many Subarus running in the 11's......
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
waldo320
Second Gear

Post by waldo320 »

Well to say the least lost job have no turbo money! I have the block built but thats it. Not a lot of subbies running in the 11's maybe a few here or there but far between being in the dsm capital of the world pretty much i'm in the minority trying to make my subbie running fast.
14.3 @ 93mph