<--The "Restless Leggy"--> Gijonas' Tribute

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

LostinMaine
In Neutral

Post by LostinMaine »

Nice car! Glad to see there is someone else in this state that enjoys older Subarus. Im about to start in on a 94 Touring Wagon project myself. Are you also on mainelysubarus.com as well, would be nice to see this car at some local meets!
Co Founder of MaineSubies.com

91 SS, in need of some major TLC (work in progress)

Im lost in Maine, but ill find my way out eventually
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Post by 93legacylsleeper »

Wow...................wow... Love this thing. Great job. Seriously VERY NICE. just outta curiosity what did the engine and head rebuild cost roughly? I'm at 204000:/
DannycVR6
In Neutral

Post by DannycVR6 »

dyno numbers?
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

nope not gunna bother till next phase of work is done,no idea when that will be right now.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Dominator
First Gear

Re: <--The "Restless Leggy"--> Gijonas' Tribute

Post by Dominator »

That's a nice looking Legacy. Any new news? How many miles do you have on it now? I'm starting to source parts for my 94 wagon build. It's cool to see other's builds for inspiration, so thank you for sharing pics and info from yours.

Are the Wiseco's you used the 8.5 compression pistons? If so is that bump in compression taken into consideration with the Revtronix chip? I wonder what that would do to a stock ECU. I'm thinking about the Rev chip too.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

No news yet.I have put over 10,000 miles on the engine with no real probs at all.The pistons are .040 oversize and i do suspect an increase of compression that is noteworthy though i dont know the exact spec,never figured it out.I say this since i do seem to have more of an issue with detonation at warm temps even with 93 then others with similar setups,but when its on its on and it hauls :mrgreen: After getting new wheels and tires I do have plans for a laminova AWIC project and meth which will make all well :wink: .Then i will have some nice updates to post!
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Subiel94
Second Gear

Post by Subiel94 »

wow man i like your car. i like that color keep up the good work!
REAL
In Neutral

Post by REAL »

mate , looks like a very clean build, definitely need to get a TD05 on her and wind the the boost up :D
also sort out your air-intake :D
CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

Very Clean OEM + resto, love it !!!

With the forged pistons I definitely wouldn't be afraid to throw a TD05-16/20G, or some sort of quicker spooling hybrid on there.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

TD05 - 06 is in store with the new manifold and ported heads and cams this winter hopefully,dont worry guys lol.

MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

idk how close to augusta you are, but the local forum is having a meet there next weds, should be a few turbo legacys there
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

shit that figures! Im either going to be in FLA. or Connecticut then.I really need to join the site though!

93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Post by 93legacylsleeper »

Every time I look at this build thread I think " Damn i really need to do this to my car!" Did you use the stock crank and rods? Im guessing you re-did all the bearings also what size did the Pistons end up being? What rings did you use? I wanna do a similar build so any specific info would be great. What was the rough cost to do all that wonderful work? Thanks and again Sweet Subie good job making me jealous!
IllaKong
In Neutral

Post by IllaKong »

I bought this car a couple years ago and have have done a lot more work to it since, so awesome to have this thread and the build journal on it and know some of its history
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Rad! You should absolutely start a new build journal and link to this one at the beginning!
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
IllaKong
In Neutral

Post by IllaKong »

I've been meaning to, I made the mistake of not taking step by step pics, but I have some of the finished pics for now, and some of the block and rebuild. It's a whole different car now!