<--The "Restless Leggy"--> Gijonas' Tribute

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

gijonas
Fourth Gear

<--The "Restless Leggy"--> Gijonas' Tribute

Post by gijonas »

Well,this is my life.As of the last 8 months this car has recieved all of my spare dollars that i have made-plus a little more,not to mention every spare hour of my time-plus a little more.

I aquired this car last year from the father of my late best friend who died suddenly of meningitis in August of 2004.This car was his favorite thing ever and for good reason,he was interested in rally and cars in general and was a great musical mind to boot,what i have done to his legacy is what im sure he would have wanted done-plus a little more.The car when towed to my shop was beyond what anyone in their right mind would have fixed.But I did. 8)

It had been basically treated as an appliance by his remaining family and was an automotive "slut" for nearly 5 years,seeing everything a car can see in that time.Hackily repaired previouse body damage resulted in the front left crush zone/apron/strut tower are to essentially not exist (good thing im an ex body guy) :-D .Lack of oil resulted in the engine being seized,the car had over 100 dents,all fluids low or gone,and the interior was crap due to never being cleaned,plus his father is a painter and this was his work truck for some time! :smt088 So basically full of paint stains,dirty as shit,and wreaking of cigars would accurately describe the inside.Blown struts,brakes all junk,backyard retrofit of an XT exhaust and the previously mentioned seized engine would accurately describe the functionality.Scratches uncountable,minor rust here and there,house paint stains,melted bumper and previously mentioned countless dents would accurately describe the exterior....time to get to work.

This is my list of modifications and repairs as of now,i will point out my future goals later on.

1994 legacy turbo 5mt sedan,quicksilver metallic.

Body:

All stock aside from grill painted black and wrx scoop.

Total rebuild of the front end...imagine it,i did it.

Legacy central stickers :-D .

Compltely gone over repair work,all dents scratches and problems fixed.Then done in MS urethane basecoat clearcoat in the stock color.

Hours of wet sanding and buffing. :(

Engine:

Bored and honed .040 over.

Wiesco forged pistons.

Rebuilt stock heads.

440cc injectors.

TDO4 turbo from WRX.

07 WRX TMIC intercooler with custom made y pipe.

Stock manifold,heat wrapped.

Completely reengineered PCV system,F pipe delete and re route of everything.

Jecs MAF.

Greddy Blow off valve,custom mount plate.

Pretty much new everything.

Drivetrain:

5mt rebuilt a few years ago.

WRX pressure plate.

ACT stage 2 clutch disc.

Couple of new axles.

EXHAUST:

3" bellmouth DP.

3" stainless borla mid pipe.

Matching 3" borla stainless muffler w/ twin tip.

Brakes:

All stock but brand new everything exept for 2 of the calipers.

Suspension:

KYB GR2 struts on all four.

Godspeed rear adjustable lateral links.

Whitelins swaybars on the list for ordering.

Electrical:

Innovate wideband o2 and guage.

Boost guage.

Revtronix stage 2 chip installed.

Rebuilt engine harness (original was crappy and brittle.

Before i go on here are a couple of teaser pics of how she sits as of today!

So i decided to start with the front left body work unfortunately i really suck at taking before and during (and sometimes after :roll: ) pics.But this is what i started with.

Here are some random engine pics.

Here is the block after machining and some pics of pretty new parts :D

Coming together nicely:

Check back,more to come soon!!
Last edited by gijonas on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

Great job! Wow that thing was a wreck, I can't believe you accomplished that. It sounded like a total pile. The front end is beautiful and the car looks brand new.
What kind of valves are installed?
-Doug Wilson
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Thanks.

All the exhaust valves were worn too much to be recut so the machine shop sourced all new ones for me,they are the most reputable shop in the state so i didnt ask where they got them.I just told them to sell them to me :-D .I actually think they have another shop make stuff on demand like valves and whatnot,IIRC.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

nice work!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Holy crap!!! initial startup was a thing of beauty and wonder wtf!!??!?.

I got a bunch of update stuff - just too busy...having fun lol,be back soon.

BTW: id say revtronix works pretty good so far!!

AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Good stuff, way to save an SS from the crusher!
90 L+ wgn
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

Very, very, very, very nice.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Quick update:

Posted some pics of my now installed exhaust.Not only can i not say enough about this exhaust (well i paid enough for it :roll: ) but allexhaust.com as well.Made my order for the setup which included free shipping (yes i realize i paid for it in reality :wink: ) and it showed up in one day! :smt103 :smt103

This setup sounds so awesome but without being fartty and ricer sounding,it really gave the car a sound like a really expensive car,plain and simple i love it! not to mention it fit very well.

As of tonight i now have 35 miles on the car and the ECU seems to be just getting better and better all the time,i hope this continues.This week i will be working on getting the wheels painted and hopefully getting the car legal so i can actually drive during the day :twisted: . After only 35 miles i have come to the conclusion that i have built basically the best car ever lol...well at least for myself which is what counts,the feel of the car with this engine combined with the view of the hood scoop and the momo wheel have really made it something...i could go on.

Anyway heres some pics of the exhaust,i will get some installed pics soon,and maybe a video for sound purposes.

asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Lookin' great! Keep it up!
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

What's the part number on that exhaust and the tips? I have the same muffler but it's only got single outlet. I want that same setup you have.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
awrysobriquet
First Gear

Post by awrysobriquet »

Very impressive, sir! Keep up the good work.
+Thomas
'92 L sedan 5MT w/ a few fun bits - SOLD
'92 SS 5MT w/ a lot of fun bits - RIP
'94 SS 5MT - in the process of inheriting fun bits from the '92
'94 TW 4EAT - daily driver, currently 100% stock
'01 Legacy GT Limited sedan - FOR SALE
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

Is that a Borla Hush?
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

Exhaust looks great!
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

This is what i have and this is where i got it,once again -cant be happier!.Taking pics now.

http://allexhaust.com/product.php?produ ... t=0&page=1

SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Wow...looks GREAT. That's also one of the best looking exhausts I've seen so far, waiting for a video clip. Awesome work!
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Looking at those last pics really reminds me to get the wheels painted and finish blacking out the trim (notice rear bumper)....ugh - slacker.

Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Love it! Rock on!!
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Just realized i never posted up any pics of my custom made stainless heatshield.Made this last week and it works great!! i was worried about melting nearby plastic and this did the trick perfect,i can even lay my hand on it after a good drive!

Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

I'm curious about your revtronix stage 2 chip... I've got the TD04, TMIC... What kind of gains did you see from it? they claim 30% on power and 50% on torque...

I'd have to upgrade my injectors and pic up the JECS MAF sensor, but the rest of the stuff I've got...

If it truely was representative of the numbers I'm so picking up one!

Oh and clean suby by the way..
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Oh it definately does work!! ,however i am in the process of breaking my engione in still and only have 350 miles of experience so far,still having some issues so far that are ecu related.I would elaborate but there is a huge thread called "chip for stock ecu" if you search.My posts are in it as well.

Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

gijonas wrote:Oh it definately does work!! ,however i am in the process of breaking my engione in still and only have 350 miles of experience so far,still having some issues so far that are ecu related.I would elaborate but there is a huge thread called "chip for stock ecu" if you search.My posts are in it as well.
Oh, cool!

And I forgot to mention I've an equal length header... :P that might get a teensy bit more power too!

*runs off to read mentioned thread*
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That's cool heat shield so long as it doesn't make noise.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

That's cool heat shield so long as it doesn't make noise.
No noise!

gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Well as it turns out,im pretty much horrible at keeping up with my journal :roll: .

Random pic of my car first.

Since last update i have recieved my version 2 update of the revtronix chip first of all.This has been helpfull but not all issues are covered yet.The car runs strong and clean but i have a few underlying issues that i need to figure out hopefully with the help of my new laptop and scantool :-D .Since i finished the car i have not been able to get the BCS to work properly (at all) and so i dont boost anywhere near what i should,however i did also order a Perrin MBC which will solve the issue untill i figure out the actual problem.

Another random pic :D

Essentially everything is working great on the car and have nothing terribly exiting to report however when i get the car running at the full 17 PSI i will be making a video! :evil:

I also need to remember to take some interior photos.

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Damn, your car is hot! Clean and I love the black wheels, trim and scoop on the silver.