Joe's 1992 Legacy SS/TW Documentary

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Re: Joe's 1992 Legacy SS/TW Documentary

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Cool Kimo, I just might have to do this as well as, at the same time, black out my headlights. Always liked the look of that.

-Macipusy, I have confirmed, my buddy has a set he is selling. $100 I think he wants for them.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

That is a good deal on the sideskirt/rear lip combo....do it.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I saw the car you were talking about. The skirts were gone but the rear lip was still there, but didn't bother with anything.

-I just don't know how much better it will make the car look. Black on black plus no front lip... I dunno.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-These are the n/a fuel rails I picked up, just in case. These injectors are confusing me. Some say I need n/a rails others say they'll drop into the turbo rails, etc.

-Picked up another rear garnish and painted it black:

-Joe
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Wagon is looking on point man. Wheels are perfect, so factory fresh! Think it fits the wagon better than the sedan. bigger injectors fit in turbo rails.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Thanks Tony, appreciate it.
-So I tried out one of these yellow top injectors. They did not work. In these pics, you can see the differences, especially with the o-ring placement. Stock 370 pink, 440 grey and 440 yellow:

-With the yellow top, I dunno if I wasn't pushing hard enough but the bottom o-ring just wouldn't seal and would just dump fuel into the head. So I give up on these.

-Here is a few pics from this weeks meet up.

-Joe
just-rust
First Gear

Post by just-rust »

Glad you got the injectors all figured out. Thanks for posting up your findings!
Rusty 1991 EJ22T - VF28 - '07 wrx TMIC - MBC - Invidia DP - Walbro 255 SOLD
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, with some neat stuff on it
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

just-rust wrote:Glad you got the injectors all figured out. Thanks for posting up your findings!
-Yea no problem.

-Also, the injector caps, n/a and turbo caps, neither of those covered the injector like they do on the pinks or grays. They also left a gap between cap and fuel rail.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Now with coilovers:

-Joe
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Hi,
Just to clarify on those injectors.
- Those gray are the 440/450cc that fit the stock EJ22T rails. (aka known as 380's in the UK)
- Those yellow sure look like USDM STi/XT/GT side-feeds that are referred to as '550's' and flow 525cc or close.
----- The 550's will fit the stock '92+ NA rails (both 2.2 SOHC and '96+ EJ25D DOHC)

The JDM Yellow side-feeds are referred to as 480's (they flow about 470cc) over here and 440's in the UK (just to confuse us all!) and they will fit the stock EJ22T rails, too....they look just like the gray injectors:

TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-The pic above are different then mine but thanks for the clarification. I sold them. Just didn't want to hassle with them, especially when I really don't need them atm.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-So finally got my wrx coolant tank installed, just like I did with the sedan.

-Made a rear coilover adjustment.

-Car just turned 136,000 miles.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Installed the garage door front lip. Came out good but probably could of done it better by taking off the front bumper, plus did it at night with just cell phone light.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-FMIC soon to come. Picked up a kit today for an 02-07 wrx, I think it is, with bunches of extra piping. Got it for a low price too! I'll make it work!

-Joe
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

Nice, good luck!
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

That lip doesn't look too bad period....even for a day time job....and for a night time cell phone job...it's fantastic :D
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Thanks guys. Wish I would have waited for better light but I am happy with it. I'll get some pics up soon of the parts I got and used.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Some more work done today. I had a buddy make me a new intake piece. IAC works correctly now and the BOV is recirc'd.

-At the exhaust shop:

-Unpainted:

-Painted:

-Calipers and brackets painted:

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Went for a cruise today to Moffat Tunnel, bout an hour west of Denver, CO:

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Installed the last electronic piece I wanted, an hks turbo timer. Pretty easy install.

-Joe
RckyMtnLegacy
Third Gear

Post by RckyMtnLegacy »

When my EJ20G turns over we should have a CO meet, I finally got back to the Rockies.
1993 Legacy Turbo Sedan SadPanda
1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon (Aspen)--SOLD
1990 2.2l Legacy--RIP
Keeping the Legacy's Legacy

"Straight roads are for fast cars. turning roads are for fast drivers"

Official Subaru Ambassador
Reuben
First Gear

Post by Reuben »

That scoop works great with the face lift... what's it off? Bug-eye WRX?
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

Joe- Just wanted to say thanks for the sea-foam video man, I did it today and the old 94 sounds happier!
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Meets happen almost every week here in Denver. Not sure now since we got our first snow.

-Yes, scoop is off an 02-03 wrx. You can even get them off foresters.

-Your welcome for the video. Glad it helped for you. I've always felt a difference in the cars performance after every time I've put seafoam in.

-Joe
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-My car as it sits right now:

-Joe