NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

NICO's 90 LEGACY LS

Post by NICO »

1990 SUBARU LEGACY LS
255,000kms

aka: Project left overs.
this project is all about the stuff that is collecting dust around me, there is lots to dig out and use. I am not worried what this thing looks like or how it turns out at all.

we start with a car that has made a long road trip from BC Canada. it has very little rust with a hole lot of car left in it !
so far we have done a timing belt service and a EJ22T auto + diff swap 3.900.

the motor will be changed for something more fun that i have laying around the shop, most likely my old SVX EG33 set up.

left over STi muffler bolts right up.

HSD Coilovers should slam this low flyer soon.
wheels we have BBS 18x8 or to get real slammed !! my spare set of STi VOLK RAY'S GC8 16x7 rims.

spare Recaro driver seat is in, spare black Recaro passenger seat is read just missing base which should be here very soon.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
mike-tracy

Re: 90 LEGACY LS

Post by mike-tracy »

I had a feeling you couldn't stay away from a Legacy for too long. :) Even if you don't do the EG33 swap, this looks to be a fun project.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, does look like a fun project!

I wished I lived somewhere that had more of a rally presence because I would totally get a first gen Legacy or Impreza to turn into a weekend rally racer :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

mike-tracy wrote:I had a feeling you couldn't stay away from a Legacy for too long. :) Even if you don't do the EG33 swap, this looks to be a fun project.

lol ya i all ways have a good old legacy kicking around :-D ... first ill put all the goodies i got laying around then in the summer ill drop that EG33 beast in it

Legacy777 wrote:Yeah, does look like a fun project!

I wished I lived somewhere that had more of a rally presence because I would totally get a first gen Legacy or Impreza to turn into a weekend rally racer :)

LOL I wish I was where you are !! never would need a second car ever again haha.

well i started digging around and i found some JDM GC8 aluminium arms

more digging i found my JDM 5x100 STi suspension. the top hats are STi Group N F&R, the springs I had purchased these about 2 year's ago new, which are JDM STi GC8 GYMKHANA springs.. k5.1 F k4.9 R.

more digging less typing should turn up allot more goods soon, then we put it all together.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: NICO's 90 LEGACY LS

Post by kimokalihi »

Man I wish I could dig around and find something worth putting on my car. I've just got a bunch of random downgrades I haven't managed to sell.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

That is so clean, cant wait to see what it will end up becoming.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Subscribed. Nico, your build are always fun to follow. Probably because they all end up unbelievably awesome.
I too wish I had such awesome parts lying around to dig out.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:LOL I wish I was where you are !! never would need a second car ever again haha.
I've learned I will always have a second car because I like to work on them too much...so I've got to have one to use while the other is being worked on. :)

Nice find on the aluminum GC lower a-arms! I kind of wish I could get a set.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

kimokalihi wrote:Man I wish I could dig around and find something worth putting on my car. I've just got a bunch of random downgrades I haven't managed to sell.

thats how it starts down grades after down grades. it also helps to have a father that keeps every single screw or washer ! if you see how we strip cars down wow i mean nothing is left behind.

SILINC3R wrote:That is so clean, cant wait to see what it will end up becoming.

its not bad got a little dings and cancer but nothing crazy should last a long time for sure

beatersubi wrote:Subscribed. Nico, your build are always fun to follow. Probably because they all end up unbelievably awesome.
I too wish I had such awesome parts lying around to dig out.

this one wont be over the top, just a fun daily car to drive around all year long. only parts i need to buy are the drivetrain stuff i want STi 6mt and new rear sub frame and all the fancy arms.

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:LOL I wish I was where you are !! never would need a second car ever again haha.
I've learned I will always have a second car because I like to work on them too much...so I've got to have one to use while the other is being worked on. :)

Nice find on the aluminum GC lower a-arms! I kind of wish I could get a set.

lol ya so true, i cant wait to work on my 86 again, once thats done ill drop the motor in this one so i have a car to drive.

i found arms for you

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z439573070

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z417522146

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/foru ... rally.html

let me know if you need help getting them

well got my other seat base in so now i can have a passenger

also had a sparco wheel kicking around with a jdm gc8 hub, the old legacys had no air bag so easy work and fits factory.

also fixed the leaking sunroof, had to take down the hole thing and seal it proper.

and my gas gauge was messed up so fixed that with a new cluster and a sensor in the tank.

next step is collect drivetrain parts STi 6mt with updated everything soon to come !

the EG33 is put away and its to cold to pull it out , once summer comes its time to swap all at once i guess.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Thanks NICO!

I'll email the guy from Toronto Subaru club and see if he's willing to ship or not. If not and you're willing to get them and ship them to me, that'd be awesome!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:
Thanks NICO!

I'll email the guy from Toronto Subaru club and see if he's willing to ship or not. If not and you're willing to get them and ship them to me, that'd be awesome!

I will have mine up for sale on Wednesday if you want to wait ? up to you. i got a STi 6mt coming and i wanted the new arms for the wide track to match the rear STi links.

I'm a try to see what happens when you add the wide track stuff to a old car.. half deg of camber all the way around, I'm really interest in seeing what happens and how it feels.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:I will have mine up for sale on Wednesday if you want to wait ? up to you. i got a STi 6mt coming and i wanted the new arms for the wide track to match the rear STi links.

I'm a try to see what happens when you add the wide track stuff to a old car.. half deg of camber all the way around, I'm really interest in seeing what happens and how it feels.

I'm in no hurry. Are the one's you would be selling the GC ones that don't need any modification to fit on our cars?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:I will have mine up for sale on Wednesday if you want to wait ? up to you. i got a STi 6mt coming and i wanted the new arms for the wide track to match the rear STi links.

I'm in no hurry. Are the one's you would be selling the GC ones that don't need any modification to fit on our cars?

yes these are gc arms i have the ones in the picture above, the new style is half a inch or inch longer. so more camber with the new arms up front, in a old style subaru body style.

i even have the cones for you.

i am having a toss up if i should just drop in a complete front to back version 8 spec c set up or get the STi 6mt stuff and do the EG33 swap.

so much stuff right now cheap in my area its hard to pass up. i need to pull a trailer so eg33 will sure be a puller then a turbo 4 banger.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:yes these are gc arms i have the ones in the picture above, the new style is half a inch or inch longer. so more camber with the new arms up front, in a old style subaru body style.

I guess I'm not really up to speed.....so what are the cones you speak of? I'm guessing it's for the ball joint mounts, but I really haven't seen any up close so don't know what they look like.

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:yes these are gc arms i have the ones in the picture above, the new style is half a inch or inch longer. so more camber with the new arms up front, in a old style subaru body style.

I guess I'm not really up to speed.....so what are the cones you speak of? I'm guessing it's for the ball joint mounts, but I really haven't seen any up close so don't know what they look like.

Thanks

yep for the ball joint they go in the arms made of steal.

some more parts, main part is the new style rear subframe which has solid bushings from the factory

also the new style aluminium arms, front and rear. these in a old style subaru make it longer wider track light weight and lots of camber

and whiteline everything motorsports set up, lots of grease and pressing in bushings front to back and caster top mounts for the STi struts.

also got 2006 backing plates for my subaru 4pot 2pot which are getting powder coated, and full rebuild kit

also got a nice JDM 5MT 4.444 DCCD but this wont hold a EG33 motor, if the guy from the usa comes to pick it up next week ill get the STi 6 MT after.

if i keep the JDM 5MT DCCD 4.444 gear box, ill keep the stock ej22 NA motor in it for some quick reving corner hugging quiet fuel efficient car.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

NICO wrote:if i keep the JDM 5MT DCCD 4.444 gear box, ill keep the stock ej22 NA motor in it for some quick reving corner hugging quiet fuel efficient car.
Its a fact that huge power isn't necessarily necessary to make a car fun to drive.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

beatersubi wrote:
NICO wrote:if i keep the JDM 5MT DCCD 4.444 gear box, ill keep the stock ej22 NA motor in it for some quick reving corner hugging quiet fuel efficient car.
Its a fact that huge power isn't necessarily necessary to make a car fun to drive.

ya it would have been nice but the guy really want it !... i should have done it shoot !

guess its jdm swap time or half swap to handle the eg33 ! back to the drawing board. also trying to find a bugeye 02 wrx but will see what happens, i just need my leone back wish it was hot out.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

NICO wrote:
Legacy777 wrote:

Thanks

yep for the ball joint they go in the arms made of steal.

some more parts, main part is the new style rear subframe which has solid bushings from the factory

also the new style aluminium arms, front and rear. these in a old style subaru make it longer wider track light weight and lots of camber

and whiteline everything motorsports set up, lots of grease and pressing in bushings front to back and caster top mounts for the STi struts.

also got 2006 backing plates for my subaru 4pot 2pot which are getting powder coated, and full rebuild kit

also got a nice JDM 5MT 4.444 DCCD but this wont hold a EG33 motor, if the guy from the usa comes to pick it up next week ill get the STi 6 MT after.

if i keep the JDM 5MT DCCD 4.444 gear box, ill keep the stock ej22 NA motor in it for some quick reving corner hugging quiet fuel efficient car.
How come the 4.444 won't hold the eg33 power? How much torque is it? 175 wtq? My ej20g is pushing 225 wtq and I launch my 4.444 with no problems. 20k miles now.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

A responsive n/a motor would be fun in that. If not the eg then maybe something like a stroked 22 w/ 20g heads and a lightweight flywheel. That would make an awesome dd.
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

you should totally use one of thoose older jdm na dohc 2.0l
1994 SS "JDM-OEM"

1997 2.5gt wagon, ricebowl, 207 swapped

1999 lifted 2.5gt wagon,"tokyo weekender"

1994 gt wagon, next build

1994 turbo wagon
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear