thewaterboy's 1993 Legacy 2.2 NA Wagon mini-build

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

thewaterboy
First Gear

Re: thewaterboy's 1993 Legacy 2.2 NA Wagon mini-build

Post by thewaterboy »

killajamal wrote:Pshhh jackstands?? #yolo right?
I like your header setup. What all did you need to do to make it fit? Which forester pieces(year etc) ?
I just got it all buttoned up with ride_child's old exhaust. I needed to do a little modification, since the 2001 Forester's cat pipe (after the header, before the mid-pipe/axleback) was a smaller diameter than the old SS exhaust. I cut the flanges off, welded my old flange onto the new exhaust, and it all bolted up from there! I also fixed my front coilovers (left was on right, right on left) and lifted the rears about ½"! Today was a productive day.

https://vimeo.com/115308210
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

Turns out I need new rear axles. Called the local dealership. They wanted $563/ea for the last 2 remaining Genuine Subaru rear axles. I lol'd and thanked the nice lady for her time.

Still need axles though :(
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

I got an axle in on the drivers side rear. My noise/vibration has gone away! Still need to do the passenger side.

Ive been looking into doing a frankenmotor, EJ22E with SOHC EJ25 heads too... Maybe thinking about making some more power out of this old this with a turbo:) No clue what I'd have to run for management though.
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

Haven't done much to Ruby (her name is Ruby now) lately. Did a last minute trip to Montana about a month ago to visit a friend from high school and clear my head from this divorce shit. My old girl didn't skip a beat <3

Also moved back into my moms place for the first time since I was 17. It's going to be great to save money now. Anybody in the Elma/Montesano/Aberdeen area?

Anyways, I've got a new found fire to make my girl pretty. I'll be looking for front fenders, corner lights, and a few other things.

Anybody else have issues with the hood latch?? My hood won't latch/lock all the way down. My handle seems to be in the right spot as well.
killajamal
First Gear

Post by killajamal »

thewaterboy wrote:Haven't done much to Ruby (her name is Ruby now) lately. Did a last minute trip to Montana about a month ago to visit a friend from high school and clear my head from this divorce shit. My old girl didn't skip a beat <3

Also moved back into my moms place for the first time since I was 17. It's going to be great to save money now. Anybody in the Elma/Montesano/Aberdeen area?

Anyways, I've got a new found fire to make my girl pretty. I'll be looking for front fenders, corner lights, and a few other things.

Anybody else have issues with the hood latch?? My hood won't latch/lock all the way down. My handle seems to be in the right spot as well.
You could maybe adjust a couple things. the latch might need to be aligned? The rubber bumpers even? I've had that problem a few times.
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

Turns out the cable was busted, so I'm going to order a new one from subarugenuineparts.com
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

Converted to an 06 Outback's 110a alternator. Very happy with the results! Brighter lights inside and out, a little more pep, and all my windows/wipers are faster! Lol
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

thewaterboy wrote:Turns out the cable was busted, so I'm going to order a new one from subarugenuineparts.com
I have a parts car still.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

I'd gladly pick up that cable from you as well!
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

I checked it out, it's broken now. I must have broke it without knowing when I pulled the dash out. I apologize man.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Nohbdy
First Gear

Post by Nohbdy »

Hey I have a hood cable if you need one, let me know! Awesome work on the car by the way.
91 Legacy L (AT, FWD)-crashed 2/3/14
95 Legacy L (AT)
05 Outback XT (AT)
92 Legacy L (MT,AWD)
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

cj91legss wrote:I checked it out, it's broken now. I must have broke it without knowing when I pulled the dash out. I apologize man.
It's all good bud! I'll still take the grille if it's around on Friday!
Nohbdy wrote:Hey I have a hood cable if you need one, let me know! Awesome work on the car by the way.
Thanks man! And yeah I need that cable lol. PM me with what you want for it!

Also, some more recent pics

thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

Code 42 again. Gonna do the test, and see if it needs replacing :/
thewaterboy
First Gear

Post by thewaterboy »

Drove her to Sultan to pick up a free EJ25 shortblock and Olympia for 4 Phase 1 EJ22 heads! If I'm not mistaken, only 95's had roller rockers right?

Gonna start to tear this block apart, go through everything, send the cams out to Delta, and get some new valve springs.

Should be done and ready to drop in in a couple months.