Josh2109's '92 BF Legacy Wagon 2.2 GX AWD

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

josh2109
In Neutral

Josh2109's '92 BF Legacy Wagon 2.2 GX AWD

Post by josh2109 »

Seeing as I've got the project wagon I kind of needed something to scratch the itch whilst I waited for it to be completed. I also needed something cheaper to run than my day van!!

Happily I found this locally, it has done 82k miles and had the best part of a years MOT on it so it was hard to say no at £375!!

It's a bit beat up, and it it could do with a bloody good clean inside the engine bay, but it drives well bar a clicking CV joint up front.

I'm probably keeping this one stock and just running it until the project wagon is running, but thought it might be of interest to you guys!
mike-tracy

Re: Josh2109's '92 BF Legacy Wagon 2.2 GX AWD

Post by mike-tracy »

I like it! Nice to get a backup runner for cheap.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
josh2109
In Neutral

Re: Josh2109's '92 BF Legacy Wagon 2.2 GX AWD

Post by josh2109 »

Small update... this car has been running as my daily and so far no problems to report. Still got a very unhappy CV joint, so must replace that at some point, but otherwise I think all I'll do with this is service it and continue to use it as a workhorse.

I did have a bash at cleaning up the engine bay as it was absolutely disgusting to begin with... to recap:

And here it is after a liberal application of degreaser, some agitation with alloy wheel brushes, and a quick pressure wash:

Much better! Although there is still some way to go before it can be called clean lol. The inlet manifold is proving particularly stubborn, there appear to be something resembling carbon deposits on the outside, and they are very hard to shift!!