WRX IC install - no hammering - stock turbo

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

asc_up wrote:12 is the most you can boost at without a fuel cut defender. After that, if you have the exhaust done, intercooler and preferably new Walbro 255 fuel pump you can boost to 14 psi with the stock injectors. No more though, as you'll begin to run lean and create more knock.
you have PM
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Wow Some great info here!

Yap your right i removed my A/C Do to not working and i needed some space to work on my car

Ive Got a sunroof and power everything so i just cruise around town on hot days and get tanned through the sunroof:D

Thanks for the pic, Does That bracket just act as a ground, You didnt have to extend any wires to move it did you? Also ill be using a blitz 50/50

Im not looking For amazing performance But if i did want to go up to 14 psi, is a fuel pump install difficult?

And when you say create more knock, am i creating more knock by simply slamming a TD04 in there witth an IC?
FastRust
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

94SS_Canada wrote:Wow Some great info here!

Yap your right i removed my A/C Do to not working and i needed some space to work on my car

Ive Got a sunroof and power everything so i just cruise around town on hot days and get tanned through the sunroof:D

Thanks for the pic, Does That bracket just act as a ground, You didnt have to extend any wires to move it did you? Also ill be using a blitz 50/50

Im not looking For amazing performance But if i did want to go up to 14 psi, is a fuel pump install difficult?

And when you say create more knock, am i creating more knock by simply slamming a TD04 in there witth an IC?
uh aaron knows about knock,, i have no idea.

with the backet, yes it does act as a ground so you do need it attached together.
and you dont need to add any more wires to the ignition to extend it, that would blow. :shock:
the most you will have to do is un-ravel the wires from their tangle nest in your engine bay :lol: and make a hole in your firewall with a drill, to mount the bracket in the new location. mount it where the TMIC wont rub againts it also...
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Perfect, No problem, 10 minutes
FastRust
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Another Quick question, what should the DP bolts be torqued to?

Or Just tight as hell. :lol: :oops:
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

i vote tight as hell, thats how mine are
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Tight as hell it is
FastRust
courtjesterclown
First Gear

Post by courtjesterclown »

noooo not tight as hell. Dont overtorque them.
1994 SS 4EAT Aegean Blue Metallic
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

What recommened For torqure? Right now i have them pretty tight but not breaker bar tight!
FastRust
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

A fuel pump install is easy. Some people said that their lines broke/cracked. Mine didn't so I guess that probably helped.

The TD04 really isn't much bigger than the VF11, though it'll hold more boost to redline. You shouldn't be creating a whole lot of knock if you turn up the boost with an intercooler. You're going to hit fuel cut at 12psi if you don't install a fuel cut defender though.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

I know the Td04 isnt much bigger, but its newer, more reliable and is a nice little refresh for my car
FastRust
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Oh of course. I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, I'm just saying that it's not much bigger than a VF11 so running ~14psi on it should be the same on a VF11.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

There should be small gains in the higher psi range than the vf, not huge
FastRust