Is my Clutch M.C reservior Larger than yours?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scandiawrx
In Neutral

Post by scandiawrx »

+1 for Reuben. He was able to find an offset resevoir for me in a New Zeland salvage yard and I got it about a week later. But it did take a little while for him to find it and for us to communicate with PMs.

If he's not responding maybe he is looking for how many he can get or something like that.
See you in the woods...
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Hmm..maybe but I doubt it. Last I heard from him he said,"Yeah I can get you one for $40 shipped just send me the money." Then I sent him a pm right after that about getting several of them and never heard back from him again.

That was on Nov 4th. 24 days ago.

I just sent him the $40 anyways to see if maybe he'll get a move on it now that he has the money. I also sent him an email to his paypal address to let him know what's going on and to tell him I sent him that PM a long time ago asking about a group buy.

We'll see what happens.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

My reservoir should arrive tomorrow, so it is still possible to order from Japan... can't wait to see if it's the right one :-)
Their stockroom must be enormous though, it took them 14 days to find it and another 14 days to send it.
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Heard back from Reuben finally. I guess you just have to email him instead of pm him on the SLI forum.

He says he looked and was only able to find 2 and one he just sold to someone so I got the other one and he shipped it out so it should be here soon.

So for now, he can't get anymore. But he did mention possibly trying to order them through the dealership. He said a friend of his works there but is about to stop working there so he may not be able to get them. Which is odd because I told him over here our resevoirs are only $8 from the dealership online so he should be able to order a bunch of them from any dealership without knowing anyone for a reasonable price.

We'll see.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Interesting info Kimo. Definitely keep us updated on his reply back.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

I got my reservoir last week as promised and it was the offset one, so your dealers should be able to order them.
Subaru Legacy Turbo 1992 - it's alive (but not done). VEMS ecu, 6mt, Wiseco/Eagle internals, Hybrid GT FMIC, 550cc, TD05 Big 16g @ 22psi, dynoed 294/293.
Now being parted out
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

The problem is that the shops that have ordered them in get the USDM model shipped to them instead of the overseas model. :-(
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
HappyFrog
First Gear

Post by HappyFrog »

But why? If they use the p/n there shouldn't be any problems.
Now being parted out
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Are you telling them just the part number or are you telling them what part you want?

They may be ordering you the USDM resevoir. I would call them up and ask them to look up the part number and don't even tell them what it is.

All the overseas part numbers I've entered on the online dealer websites like 1stsubaruparts.com have come up unkown. None of them are in the system. So either the dealership has them in their system and not online or they're just ordering you the USDM one and not using your part number.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

No, I thought someone gave a dealer the JDM number and they got in a USDM res instead?? Am I wrong?
Jason
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I used the edm number at the first of this thread and got the correct offset reservoir. My parts guy told me it was the last one in the country. My guess is that no one ever had the correct part number to get the right part. There would be no jdm offset reservoir as their cars are rhd and thus don't need that part. I kind of doubt they would do it for us, but Subaru U.S. might be persuaded to special order a quantity of them. The only other way is going to be someone overseas like happyfrog ordering them through his dealer and shipping them here.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I got mine today from Reuben over on SLI.

I'll ask him again about making an order of them at his local dealership.

dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Ok, after some research at work today looks like the clutch master from the '98 Legacy GT is offset and will work on our cars. I popped the hood on my wife's car and it looks pretty confirmed at this point!
Jason
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

That's interesting, the clutch master res. on 2.5RS and Foresters from the late '90s are not offset. They are shorter than the BC Legacy res., though.
90 L+ wgn
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

AWD_addict wrote:That's interesting, the clutch master res. on 2.5RS and Foresters from the late '90s are not offset. They are shorter than the BC Legacy res., though.
You're right, shorter and stubbier. This is my 98 Forester's one:

And my 91 SS one: is this what they look like stock? The car had a slanty intercooler when I bought it

Also, when I get parts for my 98 Forester, they always ask if it's an early or late year model. Mines a late year model, but my 1st Forester was an early one, but an auto, and the motor now resides in my 96 Legacy. So I don't know if maybe the 98 legacy GT in question was an early year model? Pure speculation.

edit: Found this on the internet:
1997 GT
1998 GT

Think someone hooked you up with an offset one
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I'll have to snap a pic of the one we have on the shelf at work that is short and offset. I didn't get to double check my wife's since she is working an over night shift at the hospital
Jason
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Holy shit! Do you think that engine's got a big enough cone filter on it? I've never even seen one that big before.

I wish someone had pointed out the forester resevoir, I bet it's dirt cheap. I paid $40 shipped for mine and I probably could have ordered one at the dealership for like $15 tops. I know online our resevoir is about $8 plus $12.95 shipping so I bet it's probably double that at the dealership minus shipping.

Lame. Cool find though, for everyone else. Someone needs to get one and fit it and take pictures of it with 06 TMIC. Don't forget to post the part number for the forester resevoir.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Kimo, I'll likely be doing it, but not until after Christmas or so. Since I work at a autoparts store I'll make sure to post up all the info I have on it.
Jason
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

I am using the offset reservoir, with '06 TMIC. The cap is still under the IC. You probably could get the cap off and add fluid with a tube/funnel. I have never had to though.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

kleinkid wrote:I am using the offset reservoir, with '06 TMIC. The cap is still under the IC.
The cap is no longer touching the leg off the TMIC right? It's free from hitting anything now?

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

That is correct. The cap does not touch the IC, or anything else, but is still under the IC.
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Re: Is my Clutch M.C reservior Larger than yours?

Post by SubiePrice88 »

So is there still No part number for the off set one?

Anyway to still get one?

Id rather have the off set one, than to cut mine.
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I installed the offset one but it's still under the intercooler like John said. So it's kind of pointless to have the offset one. I was thinking it would make it so you wouldn't need to remove the intercooler to fill it but I think you still do. You may be able to get a funnel in there like he said.

Height difference.

From above. It's a tight squeeze to try and remove the lid.

jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

The offset reservoir was used on the cars with the awic and works fine with that. It was never meant for the tmic's, but should make things a little better depending on which tmic you have.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah it doesn't matter which resevoir you use, none of them are going to make it so you can remove the cap without removing your 06-07 TMIC. With an 02-05 TMIC you might be able to though.