Just installed!!! Sabb 900 TMIC!!

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boro
Second Gear

Just installed!!! Sabb 900 TMIC!!

Post by boro »

Ok so I am pretty stoked.
In one quick swoosh I fixed my torn up woodruff key and keyway, replaced the key (had to make one to fit the slightly enlarged keyway), JB Welded the gap in the keyway, got a new timing gear (thank you Blackbart), picked up a used-new crank pulley and added a Saab 900 intercooler.

I didn't end up moving the coolant tank. What I did instead was break off the plastic nipples, and JB Welded brass nipples in their places. The intercooler sits just above the lines. Also I vented the hood at the hinges to allow extra cooling and clearance.

The BOV is recirculated and my intake is...ghetto.... just to hold me over till I fab up a new one.

PICS!

I also installed an Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge. I T'd the line off the #1 intake runner and ran the line through the door. I seem to be only running 5 lbs, evan after I turned up the boost a bit... I had adjusted my MBC the wrong way by not paying attention and took it down to 4 psi. So I gave it a hefty turn in the opposite direction and now I am reading 5-6ish psi and it pulls like a bat out of hell compared to 4 psi. I am wondering if the gauge is toasted. I will hook up my buddys Apexi and get a better look at it.

Are there any better places to get a signal from?
wallgood358
First Gear

Post by wallgood358 »

I am looking into doing the same think, but am very new to having a turboed car. What parts did you use to fab the intake? Is the BOV the small round black thing on the front of the Ic intake tubing?
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Vented at the hinges? You mean washers or something to raise the rear of the hood?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
boro
Second Gear

Post by boro »

wallgood358 wrote:I am looking into doing the same think, but am very new to having a turboed car. What parts did you use to fab the intake? Is the BOV the small round black thing on the front of the Ic intake tubing?
Intake...oh man. Right now its 2.5" exhaust piping and a length of collapsable aluminum ducting, lots of duct tape and some pretty yellow and black striped caution tape that is ruber coated. I told you it was ghetto. I'll get back to you on that when I am done with an actual functional intake. The shop I work out of is just out of piping and sheet steel. :roll:
BAC5.2 wrote:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:53 am Post subject:
Vented at the hinges? You mean washers or something to raise the rear of the hood?
Excatly. Looks cool, and it works.
wallgood358
First Gear

Post by wallgood358 »

What is the diameter of the intake pipe?
boro
Second Gear

Post by boro »

I think the piping I used was 2.5", but then the MAF is...4"? so you have quite a bit of expansion to make up for, it has to flow smoothly, and you need to leave room for your filter.
wallgood358
First Gear

Post by wallgood358 »

I was only asking because on ebay i found a 2.5" flange with hook up for a BOV that i was thinking of using and would be benificial for you.
boro
Second Gear

Post by boro »

thanks and good looking out! Ill check up on it. I have read that a lot of those pipes dont fit. But we shall see.
wallgood358
First Gear

Post by wallgood358 »

boro
Second Gear

Post by boro »

ehh, if I had an aftermarket BOV, but I am on the stocker, so no good for me. It would be nice to have lying around though...
wallgood358
First Gear

Post by wallgood358 »

The BOV is the black cylinder hanging off of the IC intake, correct?
boro
Second Gear

Post by boro »

correct
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

bringing this back from the dead.......any pics of the new install? I am going to finally hook mine up.
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

oh yeah, if someone has the pipes for me to buy..........I want them!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

shtbxr22 wrote:bringing this back from the dead.......any pics of the new install? I am going to finally hook mine up.
necro-bump for a good thread... How did this turn out indeed! Are there any up to date pics?

Also, was it a 2.5" pipe that you used?

thanks,

Ken
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)